Gravity as home battery backup TWICE now..

For the Air couldn't one use the V2V adapter to a portable battery and trick it that way? Then use a smaller portable 3.6kwh one for powering some critical loads?
 
For the Air couldn't one use the V2V adapter to a portable battery and trick it that way? Then use a smaller portable 3.6kwh one for powering some critical loads?
So far, the portable batteries that people have tried have not been able to supply power to a load while being charged by the vehicle. Just one or the other. It's been a year or two since I've heard of anyone trying this though - could be the situation is different now.
 
So far, the portable batteries that people have tried have not been able to supply power to a load while being charged by the vehicle. Just one or the other. It's been a year or two since I've heard of anyone trying this though - could be the situation is different now.
Yeah I guess that is true if its being converted to DC-AC-DC-AC, I forgot the Air's V2V is essentially and L2 DC-AC EVSE...Just like the Gravity can't use the outlets when AC Charging since it only allows Power In or Out.
 
Nissan has been promising V2H for like 10 years now, but we're still waiting.

I have both solar panels and a Tesla Powerwall installed, but it doesn't really last that long, so being able to tap into the Gravity's battery would be super handy.
 
Back
Top