Grandfathered Price from Touring to Pure

zelda3333

Does anyone know if you put in an order for the Touring and were grandfathered into the older price, but then decide that the Pure is a better fit can you be grandfathered into the original Pure price?

if i remember correctly, during the price increase fiasco, what we were told was "upgrades give you grandfathered pricing, while downgrading meant you forfeited it." that's why i made a pure reservation, while cancelling my GT reservation, with the intention of upgrading to touring at a later date. im sure in the future, there's gonna be the same upgrade deadline ultimatum (upgrade to GT before X date or else lose grandfathered pricing forever) for the touring.

if i remember correctly, during the price increase fiasco, what we were told was "upgrades give you grandfathered pricing, while downgrading meant you forfeited it." that's why i made a pure reservation, while cancelling my GT reservation, with the intention of upgrading to touring at a later date. im sure in the future, there's gonna be the same upgrade deadline ultimatum (upgrade to GT before X date or else lose grandfathered pricing forever) for the touring.
We lost that way back in July. It's the Pure that still can be upgraded to Touring. Touring can no longer be upgraded to GT without forfeiting old pricing.

Mine said no...
I think it's a no thats why I reserved both Touring and Pure a while back before price increase
I am glad I didn’t reserve both. If I did, I would have a big dilemma between the two because the touring FB looks freaking awesome.

We lost that way back in July. It's the Pure that still can be upgraded to Touring. Touring can no longer be upgraded to GT without forfeiting old pricing.
yes, i meant to draw parallel between the two situations. sorry for the confusion.

I am trying to do the exact same downgrade, but my SA's manager ultimately said no. They'd honor the original reservation date but won't honor the new pricing. :/

I recently upgraded from pure to the touring model. When I ask my service advisor if I could get the old price she said no. But then recently on the forums I read that somebody in December 2022 ended up getting the older price when they were trying to do the same upgrade from pure to touring that I was. So now I'm going to talk to my service advisor again and figure out if I can get the old price. What sucks is I just signed my final contract yesterday so we will see

Back