Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

I feel fortunate, as I have consistently had pleasant interactions with my DAs. Granted they cannot give very specific info , but I cannot imagine how tightly their hands are tied. Currently , I am working with Jess , and I want to give her a shoutout for putting up with my occasionally inane questions and doing her best to stay realistic. Concerning the horrible communication , the fault lies squarely with management
“These luxury is not way to bring EV to masses, to bring to masses is whatever efficiently produced fastest.” Odd phrasing aside, did Elon drop that gem before or after he introduced his $150K flagship SUV with intricate gull wing doors? And then replacing the steering wheels with yokes?

The reason we’re all looking at Lucid is precisely because Tesla is disinterested in luxury (or serious quality control). If you want no-lux, mostly-built (but arguably efficient) cars decked out with all the software tricks you could ever want (except Apple CarPlay or Android Auto), then you are definitely barking up the wrong tree with this early stage of Lucid!

I’m in the midst of getting my delivery scheduled. (March 29 confirmation and July 15 VIN for a black GT with Tahoe interior.) I’m looking forward to owning a luxury EV built by people who truly love cars.

BTW, My DA and SA have been consistently professional and pleasant. They’ve almost gotten me to the finish line. And I deeply appreciate it!
looking forward to hearing about your delivery experience. I concur with your statement on the SA and DA. I have also had positive experiences in my interactions with them.

I feel fortunate, as I have consistently had pleasant interactions with my DAs. Granted they cannot give very specific info , but I cannot imagine how tightly their hands are tied. Currently , I am working with Jess , and I want to give her a shoutout for putting up with my occasionally inane questions and doing her best to stay realistic. Concerning the horrible communication , the fault lies squarely with management

looking forward to hearing about your delivery experience. I concur with your statement on the SA and DA. I have also had positive experiences in my interactions with them.
+1 for Jess Lacey.

She has been good @ communicating - when she has news to share. But o/wise she did respond to my queries between 1 to 2 biz days max.

I was asked to complete the purchase agreement and fund my deposit today as the car completed PDI and is ready to ship. I ACH'd the money. I financed half with Lucid (hoping to make it easier). the application was submitted, loan was approved. and i have yet to receive paperwork to sign so Lucid can be funded. Today, after i already sent my money, they say it can take another 5 days. before the funding is complete and the car ships. Just a heads up that you should be prepared to hurry up and wait., 😞

I was asked to complete the purchase agreement and fund my deposit today as the car completed PDI and is ready to ship. I ACH'd the money. I financed half with Lucid (hoping to make it easier). the application was submitted, loan was approved. and i have yet to receive paperwork to sign so Lucid can be funded. Today, after i already sent my money, they say it can take another 5 days. before the funding is complete and the car ships. Just a heads up that you should be prepared to hurry up and wait., 😞
Best of luck with your new baby... You'll love it!

Black Santa Cruz on 21"

3/17 - Reserved
4/19 - Confirmed
7/15 - VIN
7/31 - Factor Flyover
8/5 - Delivered and very happy
PXL_20220805_160118694.jpg

Just picked up Luci from Supreme Wraps in Scottsdale. Turned in the car on Monday and out as advertised on Friday. No problems driving home and ready for a trip to Oceanside on Sunday!

Attachments

• IMG_0707.JPG
    IMG_0707.JPG
    4.3 MB · Views: 158
  • IMG_0708.JPG
    IMG_0708.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 152
  • IMG_0709.JPG
    IMG_0709.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 159
  • IMG_0710.JPG
    IMG_0710.JPG
    5 MB · Views: 152
Neophyte here. What percentage options are there for tinting? I assume only on the glass roof?
May not be an issue where I live but I should probably look into it.
It depends on the the brand, but generally the percentages run from 70% all the way down to 5% (which is limo tint). The percentage refers to the amount of light allowed through, so the higher percentage the lighter the tint. Every state has their own rules, so what you decide may or may not be legal. The tinting can be on any window, most commonly the side and rear, but many have done the windshield too (again YMMV regarding legality).

Looks like only one VIN assigned this week, just 3 last week. if forum is minimum 5% of confirmed orders, hard to see how they get to 4500 vehicles in second half of 2022. as some have suggested, maybe they have changed the process and are assigning VINs much later in production? Log jam has to start breaking soon.

Jess did a very good job for me as well.

For the tracker, and those waiting, some details on my delivery 2 days ago:

I confirmed (Quantum Grey/Santa Cruz/19") on 2/15/22, and in July asked DA for Quantum Grey's in other configurations. On 7/12/22 I was offered a Quantum Grey/Mojave/21", which I accepted. I then asked about switching the 21"s to 19"'s and was told it was not possible due to the Monroney sticker that indicated the VIN had the 21's. So I asked the cost to buy the 19"s separately (I live in midwest, and need it for snow), and was told $3750 installed. After a few back and forth messages about getting the 19's installed by mobile van in the fall, my DA said they could amend the Monroney sticker, and switch out the 21's for the 19's. So, that's what I got, and at my request they removed the aero blades, installed lug nut covers and a center Lucid cover plate. Delivery came 7/4/22. Of note, depending on your location and DA, you will have more or less time on delivery to ask questions / review car. I sent the checklist in advance, but 90 minutes was not quite enough time to go over everything I wanted to ask. Had one panel gap issue, but otherwise all good so far, with car performing flawlessly. Love the ride!

Attachments

• IMG_7029.jpeg
    IMG_7029.jpeg
    5.6 MB · Views: 181
  • IMG_7031.jpeg
    IMG_7031.jpeg
    6 MB · Views: 168

I confirmed (Quantum Grey/Santa Cruz/19") on 2/15/22, and in July asked DA for Quantum Grey's in other configurations. On 7/12/22 I was offered a Quantum Grey/Mojave/21", which I accepted. I then asked about switching the 21"s to 19"'s and was told it was not possible due to the Monroney sticker that indicated the VIN had the 21's. So I asked the cost to buy the 19"s separately (I live in midwest, and need it for snow), and was told $3750 installed. After a few back and forth messages about getting the 19's installed by mobile van in the fall, my DA said they could amend the Monroney sticker, and switch out the 21's for the 19's. So, that's what I got, and at my request they removed the aero blades, installed lug nut covers and a center Lucid cover plate. Delivery came 7/4/22. Of note, depending on your location and DA, you will have more or less time on delivery to ask questions / review car. I sent the checklist in advance, but 90 minutes was not quite enough time to go over everything I wanted to ask. Had one panel gap issue, but otherwise all good so far, with car performing flawlessly. Love the ride!
Gorgeous ride!!! ❤️

Delivery on 7/4 or 8/4? I thought you just got it.

Gorgeous car! I’m truly envious. With the aeroblades removed, will you experience a loss of range?

Back