Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

Classic Lucid bull crap. Just received an email from my DA. Despite the fact that he told me early in July that my car was in production and I would get my VIN in 2-3 weeks, he now says it never went to production. This was the second time he had told me that my vehicle was in production. He now says that when it does go to production, I should get my car in 6 weeks. He has no idea when it might go to production. There is no excuse for lying to me. Telling me that the car was in production (twice) is a specific event. I am no longer excited about getting an Air and I told him so. The Air is just a thing, just a car, I have zero emotional tie to the brand or product. When I tell my wife all of this, it won’t be pretty. I’m positive she is building her “I told you so “ list.
Ask for a new DA and to speak to Zak Edson. You could also ask them to let you know of any cancellations that may get you a car sooner if you're not set in stone on the colors you chose

Ask for a new DA and to speak to Zak Edson. You could also ask them to let you know of any cancellations that may get you a car sooner if you're not set in stone on the colors you chose
How can I ask for a new DA? Mine has never responded to me a single time to the most basic questions. I cant even get a "Good morning" from him.

I would encourage anyone having issues with DA's lying to request a call \ email from Zak Edson to discuss your issues \ concerns. Hopefully he gets sick and tired of having to deal with annoyed customers that Lucid will actually do something to improve the communication.

How can I ask for a new DA? Mine has never responded to me a single time to the most basic questions. I cant even get a "Good morning" from him.
You should be able to book a call with them from their signature or just email him back and say you want a new DA and to speak to someone higher up

Classic Lucid bull crap. Just received an email from my DA. Despite the fact that he told me early in July that my car was in production and I would get my VIN in 2-3 weeks, he now says it never went to production. This was the second time he had told me that my vehicle was in production. He now says that when it does go to production, I should get my car in 6 weeks. He has no idea when it might go to production. There is no excuse for lying to me. Telling me that the car was in production (twice) is a specific event. I am no longer excited about getting an Air and I told him so. The Air is just a thing, just a car, I have zero emotional tie to the brand or product. When I tell my wife all of this, it won’t be pretty. I’m positive she is building her “I told you so “ list.
Sorry to hear that. I feel your anger/disappointment/frustration/etc ...

IMO interenal (Lucid) communication is poor & hence the DAs are left guestimating & giving us timelines. They are the face of Lucid & feel the brunt of our frustrations, since they are not responsible for mfg, logistics, etc ...

If it makes you feel any better, my wife is very similar to you as well ... she ain't going to believe any word I say, till she sees the car in the driveway AND is 'problem free (sans software issues)' for at least a month.

Cheers

My DA must be reading this. States that my car did enter production in May, just not general assembly.

My DA must be reading this. States that my car did enter production in May, just not general assembly.
As many have said in here....... the pre sales process is horrible and numerous people have complained to Lucid about this but seems to be falling on deaf ears. Post sales though is a completely different experience. If Lucid was serious about fixing the pre sales experience they could at least send a survey out once the order is completed asking about the whole experience. Ordering process, SA, DA, Delivery. They don't do any of this so clearly aren't too focused on improving it at this point in time or find where the issues actually are.

As many have said in here....... the pre sales process is horrible and numerous people have complained to Lucid about this but seems to be falling on deaf ears. Post sales though is a completely different experience. If Lucid was serious about fixing the pre sales experience they could at least send a survey out once the order is completed asking about the whole experience. Ordering process, SA, DA, Delivery. They don't do any of this so clearly aren't too focused on improving it at this point in time or find where the issues actually are.
For what its worth, my experience/ordering process and time with both SA's was awesome and I couldnt have expected more. It fell off a cliff after getting my DA.

For what its worth, my experience/ordering process and time with both SA's was awesome and I couldnt have expected more. It fell off a cliff after getting my DA.
Everyones complaints always seem to stem back to the DA's. So either it's a case of them being on the frontline and management is feeding them bad information and they're copping the blame or some DA's are just bad for Lucid. It's hard to say, but they do have a problem in that area.

Everyones complaints always seem to stem back to the DA's. So either it's a case of them being on the frontline and management is feeding them bad information and they're copping the blame or some DA's are just bad for Lucid. It's hard to say, but they do have a problem in that area.
Could also be that there simply aren't enough DAs, so they get super swamped. Maybe they aren't paying enough to get good hires?

Not an excuse, but that could easily add to all the other issues surrounding the DA conundrum. It seems like there are bottlenecks at the factory with cars piling up, and also at the Service Centers which can only hold so many cars at a time. It's likely a mess right now trying to figure out how to get a car from the factory to the customer. Add to that people backing out at the last minute or failing to get financing. I don't envy any of them.

So far, I've only dealt with an SA, and all the feedback about the SAs rings true. She's been amazing at getting back to me in a few hours at most. Hopefully they'll sort out the DA issues soon. I agree, any of us having issues with our DAs should be letting Lucid know.

So sad… They are endlessly scrambling with these highend parts supply. I hope the 2 new VPs they hired will fix this ASAP. I don’t think they were intentionally trying to deceive you. They most likely have cascading communication problem internally. My Tesla fanboy friend told me “Elon said, build car is easy, mass production is hard. These luxury is not way to bring EV to masses, to bring to masses is whatever efficiently produced fastest.” These super long curve dome glass, curve 34” cockpit screens, leather, wool, alcantara are really just slow process compare to plug in a flat monitor, vinyl/nylon insert, etc etc.

I really hope you get your VIN soon.

Could also be that there simply aren't enough DAs, so they get super swamped. Maybe they aren't paying enough to get good hires?

Not an excuse, but that could easily add to all the other issues surrounding the DA conundrum. It seems like there are bottlenecks at the factory with cars piling up, and also at the Service Centers which can only hold so many cars at a time. It's likely a mess right now trying to figure out how to get a car from the factory to the customer. Add to that people backing out at the last minute or failing to get financing. I don't envy any of them.

So far, I've only dealt with an SA, and all the feedback about the SAs rings true. She's been amazing at getting back to me in a few hours at most. Hopefully they'll sort out the DA issues soon. I agree, any of us having issues with our DAs should be letting Lucid know.
In my tech world when there is some kind of outage or delay, "There is no update" is a great update to provide. Just getting that would do wonders for my perception of them.

I confirmed 3/30/22. Agt silver. DA called early april saying car was now in production and will be ready in July. Based on people's experiances before and around that time in this forum ive made a point not calling or emailing lucid and they havent done that either. So, total one call with lucid. Silver wont be ready until Q4 and who knows if thats true.

In my tech world when there is some kind of outage or delay, "There is no update" is a great update to provide. Just getting that would do wonders for my perception of them.
You're right. If customers are coming to me every 5 mins wanting to know when said outage is going to be fixed I have no issues telling them "it's the same as last time" "there is no update" or "check our live feed" and generally most people get the hint to just back off. I certainly don't start making things up to keep people happy as it just ends up backfiring.

Lucid could update the customer portal on its site with 5 simple steps

Ordered
Confirmed
In Production
Inspection
En route

It gives enough information to hopefully have people stop bombarding the DA's asking for the same info over and over again. Clearly the web development team aren't doing anything right now as the site is very outdated with images and information so maybe they can put them to work on the customer portal

My experience went through the same stages. Enter production is confusing, and I'm not certain what Lucid defines this as. If Lucid could clarify this, I think this would alleviate a lot of aggravation.
Here are the stages I think that exist:
1. Reservation
2. Confirm order
3. Enter Production (seems to be the status once confirming order)
4. Enter General Assembly (VIN assignment)
5. Assembly complete (this is where I am now)

I'm told I will be updated when the car has left the factory.
6. Notification of leaving the factory
7. Ready for Delivery

“These luxury is not way to bring EV to masses, to bring to masses is whatever efficiently produced fastest.” Odd phrasing aside, did Elon drop that gem before or after he introduced his $150K flagship SUV with intricate gull wing doors? And then replacing the steering wheels with yokes?

The reason we’re all looking at Lucid is precisely because Tesla is disinterested in luxury (or serious quality control). If you want no-lux, mostly-built (but arguably efficient) cars decked out with all the software tricks you could ever want (except Apple CarPlay or Android Auto), then you are definitely barking up the wrong tree with this early stage of Lucid!

I’m in the midst of getting my delivery scheduled. (March 29 confirmation and July 15 VIN for a black GT with Tahoe interior.) I’m looking forward to owning a luxury EV built by people who truly love cars.

BTW, My DA and SA have been consistently professional and pleasant. They’ve almost gotten me to the finish line. And I deeply appreciate it!

By the way, I wanted to thank Derdvin Cardenas from the Riviera Beach service center who did a great job working with me in getting my car set up when the car was delivered to my home today. He was really thorough and helpful. I also had very good luck with my DA Felipe Luisi throughout the ordering/confirmation/VIN assignment and delivery process. As @Watchagot said about his DA above, Felipe was always professional and pleasant, and easy to reach.

Back