Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

I wonder if there is going to be a mad rush to get cars delivered by end of quarter.

The email from the one higher up that the target of all PDI blocked cars to be delivered June 30th.

Ahhhh my bad. I got all excited lol
Even if it was May 1, it would not be a record. I think the record is 1-2 weeks due to someone really being in the right place at the right time and picking up a canceled order that matched their spec.

Even if it was May 1, it would not be a record. I think the record is 1-2 weeks due to someone really being in the right place at the right time and picking up a canceled order that matched their spec.
Definitely right place right time on that.

So 114 days from confirmation to delivery. That’s still very fast. The fourth fastest delivery time on this forum for a non-cancelation/changed order I think.
I went back and looked and I think this is the fastest (though we don't actually have a date of delivery, it was supposedly en route for delivery). The member later posted that he/she was selling it, so a bit of irony there:

Reserved January 5th, 2022 -> Confirmed March 23, 2022 -> VIN assigned March 26, 2022 -> Left factory March 30, 2022

Reserved April 22, confirmed June 13. Stellar White/Santa Cruz

Just got an Email from my DA and my car is ”still at the factory and they hope to complete it by June 30”.

Do not assume that when they say June 30, they mean delivery. I went over this specific question with them before I left for Europe. Completed does not mean delivered, or even shipped. After completion, the car still needs to be shipped across the country, inspected/detailed and then shipped another 600+ miles to me in NC. Looks more like mid-July or later.

Just got an Email from my DA and my car is ”still at the factory and they hope to complete it by June 30”.

Do not assume that when they say June 30, they mean delivery. I went over this specific question with them before I left for Europe. Completed does not mean delivered, or even shipped. After completion, the car still needs to be shipped across the country, inspected/detailed and then shipped another 600+ miles to me in NC. Looks more like mid-July or later.
Lucid should do what Rivian is doing. Allow customers to pick the car directly up from the factory along with getting a tour. With truck / driver shortages they may find some people would be willing to go to Arizona to get the car in their hands sooner along with speeding up deliveries.

They have such a big plot of land they could even make a road strip/ runway where you could really test out that 0-60 and 800+ HP

May I ask where it’s being delivered? Did your DA give you the delivery date? My vehicle was marked ready to be shipped two days ago, but nobody is able, or willing, to give me a delivery date. My DA eventually passed me to my local studio manager for more info. He also said that he can’t give me a delivery date, but that it will be “soon”.
Scottsdale. Da told me my car was ready. "When do I want to pick it up?
I am flying in from Vegas June 30th and driving it back.

Scottsdale. Da told me my car was ready. "When do I want to pick it up?
I am flying in from Vegas June 30th and driving it back.
Congratulations! I just followed exactly the same process yesterday. I flew to PHX from LAS, Lyft to the delivery center on Scottsdale Rd, got a thorough walk through with the folks there, lunch in Old Town Scottsdale, then drove back to LV.
Here is mine in front, and yours might be one of the covered cars behind.
IMG_4864.jpeg

The delivery folks thoughtfully charged the car to 91% for the drive; any higher would disable regenerative braking. If I had driven sedately I could have pulled into my garage in LV with 12% charge. As it was, I stopped in Kingman for a top up anyway because I wanted to try out the Electrify America system.
The drive through the Joshua Tree Forest on 93 was particularly enjoyable but the whole way was great. Here is a shot from the Black Canyon overlook south of Hoover Dam.
IMG_4889.jpeg

I saw four or five ready and waiting for customers to pick up in Scottsdale Service center on Monday. The service guys even pointed them out to me that the deliveries were picking up again.

Hadn’t paid attention until now, but I LOVE the picture of your two cats!

It may not be ideal conditions with all the construction to have customers walking around picking up their cars at the factory? Or they just don't have the real estate.

Otherwise it would save them a lot of money to have customer pickups at the factory.

when it's ready for pickup, do they typically give you a call or email you asking for preferred day/time?

I am scheduled to pick car up tomorrow. Will be driving car back to Indianapolis. Which category would be best to post journey on if people want to follow?
Probably a post like @Bill55 where you document your journey.

when it's ready for pickup, do they typically give you a call or email you asking for preferred day/time?

Yes, someone from the service center will call you, typically a Delivery Manager or similar title, scheduling a time to pick up.

ie. @ZASUPITTS scheduled for the 30th because that's when they were available.

Back