Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m almost certain that’s the issue with my car. Realigning the trunk and rear panels would be a serious endeavor.

It doesn’t look too great from these angles but as the trunk is one giant piece of plastic, the only way to fix it is to bend the rear panels, which are fixed to the body.
that looks normal to me? especially from that angle? everyone mentions the gap, but it's an actual intentional design gap on the trunk not some manufacturer defect...otherwise, it wouldn't exist in EVERY SINGLE CAR

that looks normal to me? especially from that angle? everyone mentions the gap, but it's an actual intentional design gap on the trunk not some manufacturer defect...otherwise, it wouldn't exist in EVERY SINGLE CAR

It’s actually asymmetric. I can put my finger in one gap but not the other. And the rear panel alignment is off a hair. But how often will I be trying to fit my finger in there? I’m too busy blowing by Teslas.

So I’m not sure it’s worth fixing. I like to think of it as the mark of a hand built car.

Attachments

• 2137ACF0-2A41-497A-B80C-232DF4F25ABD.jpeg
    2137ACF0-2A41-497A-B80C-232DF4F25ABD.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 109
  • C0F6B43C-C443-422F-957E-9B9121C7615C.jpeg
    C0F6B43C-C443-422F-957E-9B9121C7615C.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 117
It’s actually asymmetric. I can put my finger in one gap but not the other. And the rear panel alignment is off a hair. But how often will I be trying to fit my finger in there? I’m too busy blowing by Teslas.

So I’m not sure it’s worth fixing. I like to think of it as the mark of a hand built car.
Okay yea that I get, that's probably within spec unless it starts rubbing....

There’s two. Might be grey…
If that’s a grey, I’m gonna want to hold my order until I see a better pic. The ones I’ve seen on the configuration tool look a lot different, as do the ones from pre-production promo shots…

Anxiously awaiting @Neurio et al for the real deal

Attachments

• A5C7CC07-1BD2-4357-8089-A2C8C3B9F79F.jpeg
    A5C7CC07-1BD2-4357-8089-A2C8C3B9F79F.jpeg
    389 KB · Views: 168
If that’s a grey, I’m gonna want to hold my order until I see a better pic. The ones I’ve seen on the configuration tool look a lot different, as do the ones from pre-production promo shots…

Anxiously awaiting @Neurio et al for the real deal

@rbbarry thinks it’s silver

That is something I hadn’t given much thought to, the grey not being close to the examples established.

I'm waiting too. No news today, so things aren't looking too good for this week at this point.😫
I ask again…are there no visiting hours allowed?!

I know of only 1 other here in the valley with certainty. Owned by friends of ours and is the same color. No, we do not live next door to one another.
Once I get mine, that will make 3 red ones in the valley

Reserved September 16, 2021, Confirmed December 14, 2021, VIN Assigned April 28, 2022, Delivered May 15, 2022.
Lucid Air Grand Touring, Quantum Grey, Tahoe Interior, 21” Aero Blade Wheels

I was told this is the very first Quantum Grey delivered in Texas. It looks and drives amazing. Do not fear Quantum Grey - it looks top dollar. And yes, Lucid still have work to do on software (plenty of work). Also the bright Texas sun is reflecting some light colored dash stitching and chrome onto the windshield but this I can fix by covering it up if it continues to bother me.

Reserved September 16, 2021, Confirmed December 14, 2021, VIN Assigned April 28, 2022, Delivered May 15, 2022.

I was told this is the very first Quantum Grey delivered in Texas. It looks and drives amazing. Do not fear Quantum Grey - it looks top dollar. And yes, Lucid still have work to do on software (plenty of work). Also the bright Texas sun is reflecting some light colored dash stitching and chrome onto the windshield but this I can fix by covering it up if it continues to bother me.
Congratulation, have fun, post your experiences as you see fit, Vin to delivery just a little over 2 weeks , that is really fast

How in the world did you get yours with the national hold going on, especially with a later VIN? Either way, congrats! You're the first grey on the forum. Post pics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back