Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I finally accepted the car as it was on the way to me... Or so Eugene told me. I turned out not to be true. The car was still sitting in Chicago, but I believed them, and it is true, I could have stopped it as recently as Monday. So that part is on me.
Yea so was Tahoe or Santa Cruz listed on your purchase order that you paid on?

I finally accepted the car as it was on the way to me... Or so Eugene told me. That turned out not to be true. The car was still sitting in Chicago, but I believed them. And it is true, I could have stopped it as recently as Tuesday. So that part is on me.
Oh, and Eugene promised me a gift for all my troubles. I assumed it was a chap ass set of pencils. He however, never followed through on that either. Dang, not even a cheap ass set of pencils.

Last edited:
Oh yay, I just got some pencils too. Nicest ($1000) pencils I've ever had :)

On a side note- I really really wish Lucid was just a little more communicative about what's going on with our deliveries.

Sounds like they really focused on the pencil deliveries while they had suspended car delivery.

Yea so was Tahoe or Santa Cruz listed on your purchase order that you paid on?
When I got the final paperwork, it read Santa Cruz. I reached out to Eugene on the error. Again, he was most concerned that it was not his fault. I at the time was presented with the option of not getting the car for months or taking a car I did not order. I acquiesced, but that was a mistake. Things had gone so far that I had a hard time saying no. Eugene seemed most intent on shoving the car at me and offered no options. I do want a Lucid Air GT, so I accepted the wrong car. I remember back in the day being at a dealership buying cars or trucks. High pressure salesmen were very frustrated with me because none of their tactics made any difference. I knew what I wanted, and I was not impacted by their tactics. If they "had to go to talk to their sales manager" which meant go have a smoke and a coffee and make me stew. I just walked out after 5 minutes. They called me the next day and finally gave me what I wanted at a reasonable cost. As I am now a senior citizen, I seem to have forgotten about the old tricks and apparently made myself fair prey.

Last edited:
When I got the final paperwork, it read Santa Cruz. I reached out to Eugene on the error. Again, he was most concerned that it was not his fault. I at the time was presented with the option of not getting the car for months or taking a car I did not order. I acquiesced, but that was a mistake. Things had gone so far that I had a hard time saying no. Eugene seemed most intent on shoving the car at me and offered no options. I do want a Lucid Air GT, so I accepted the wrong car. I remember back in the day being at a dealership buying cars or trucks. High pressure salesmen were very frustrated with me because none of their tactics made any difference. I knew what I wanted, and I was not impacted by their tactics. If they "had to go to talk to their sales manager" which meant go have a smoke and a coffee and make me stew. I just walked out after 5 minutes. They called me the next day and finally gave me what I wanted at a reasonable cost. As I am now a senior citizen, I seem to have forgotten about the old tricks and apparently made myself fair prey.
At one point you did change to the so called uncacceptable Santa Cruz right?

That is not an eraser. That is an afterthought, kinda like "just listen to SiriusXM via Bluetooth".;)

Like I said, those pencils have been sitting in the same place for months. Not sure when I got them, probably five months ago or so. On the plus side, there is a sketch of an Air inside so I have taken delivery of a car, so to speak. It is a testimonial of sorts that we are still talking about pencils instead of actual deliveries.
Just got my pencils today in luxury box. That little wedge at the end of the pencil is an eraser, tried it and it works quite well. It must be a luxury eraser to go with the luxury pencils in the luxury box. They also appear to be flawlessly constructed and were delivered in a timely manner, unlike the luxury car they represent. The picture of the Lucid they sent with the pencils is actually a photograph, so it's a subtle notice to all buyers that this what your car will look like if they keep having factory problems. HaHa!

This has probably happened - or will - to all of us at some point. Would they consider moving this car to another person on the list? I know @Matt Tannenbaum has that configuration that he's been waiting for...just a thought.

This has probably happened - or will - to all of us at some point. Would they consider moving this car to another person on the list? I know @Matt Tannenbaum has that configuration that he's been waiting for...just a thought.
Yes, I am talking to a new DA now. Perhaps that Red Santa Cruz will be available soon, and I will wait for another 21" red or white GT with any interior other than the Santa Cruz, but preferably the Tahoe.

Yes, I am talking to a new DA now. Perhaps that Red Santa Cruz will be available soon, and I will wait for another 21" red or white GT with any interior other than the Santa Cruz, but preferably the Tahoe.
I hope this works out for you, and you don't have to wait too much longer for the switch. It would suck to pay that much money and end up with an interior you don't want.

I am talking to a new DA. Will do what I can.

Thanks for thinking of me as a possible solution to this predicament.😊😊

Sounds like they really focused on the pencil deliveries while they had suspended car delivery.
The pencils are delivered by a third party, for what it’s worth. I’d be surprised if Lucid even knew who was getting them. Likely that, at some stage, your address automatically gets pencils from the third party.

Perhaps I am at the end of Lucid's succession of reasons that my car is delayed. So 2-4 months will end up being 5.+ months. I will get the car finally, but I really don't care anymore. I originally ordered a Silver Tahoe, but switched early to a Red Santa Cruz to get delivery sooner. I then realized that the Santa Cruz offering was done by an interior designer that did not understand "Why you don't get white carpeting". I switched back to the Tahoe interior. Some weeks later my DA, Eugene informed me that the car I wanted was refused by a customer in Chicago. I said I would take it. Well, my DA never turned in my change to Tahoe, and I am getting what to me is the undesirable Santa Cruz interior in red. I realized at some point that my order had not been changed to my specs. My DA was unhelpful and mostly concerned that it was not his fault. Again, I get the car Monday, but I don't really want the car. If I could go back in time, I would have made sure my DA paid attention to my emails, or asked for a change in DA.
My guy was Eugene too. I felt he was done Newbie. Anyhow, I got my AGT. I am extremely satisfied, worth the wait! 💪👍

I have read alot of complaints about delay. You actually don’t want car too early. Let me tell you a story I’ve heard first hand.

I went to do PPF, the shop is right next door to Tesla service center, when I dropped my car I got 3~4 Tesla owners came to admire my AGT. 2 Tesla owners had Model Y and had issues to bring back to service center to fix. One guy told me his Model Y was brought back to factory and he is on Hertz rental car for 5 weeks. He said, he was suppose to wait 5 months, but he asked his DA to accelerate the queue, he was willing to backdoor take care of him, so ended up he got his model Y in 10 weeks. But to him it was to his disastifaction. Trunk couldn’t close bc it was 1/2 inches off alignment, and front driver door fell of 1 inch and couldn’t close. He understand QC was bad, but shouldn’t take 5 weeks long waiting for them to be on rental car waiting. He regretted getting the earliest possible ones. I told him maybe he asked to cut in line, they gave him a refurbished one or who knows maybe just a left over from other VIN fell off QC. The moral of story is patience pays, that guy’s wife complained to me her husband shouldn’t bitch to cut the line, then they wouldn’t have this problem. Her husband did said if they cannot get their Model Y back to them in couple weeks, they will just sell it fast and order my AGT. They never even heard of Lucid.

I have read alot of complaints about delay. You actually don’t want car too early. Let me tell you a story I’ve heard first hand.

I went to do PPF, the shop is right next door to Tesla service center, when I dropped my car I got 3~4 Tesla owners came to admire my AGT. 2 Tesla owners had Model Y and had issues to bring back to service center to fix. One guy told me his Model Y was brought back to factory and he is on Hertz rental car for 5 weeks. He said, he was suppose to wait 5 months, but he asked his DA to accelerate the queue, he was willing to backdoor take care of him, so ended up he got his model Y in 10 weeks. But to him it was to his disastifaction. Trunk couldn’t close bc it was 1/2 inches off alignment, and front driver door fell of 1 inch and couldn’t close. He understand QC was bad, but shouldn’t take 5 weeks long waiting for them to be on rental car waiting. He regretted getting the earliest possible ones. I told him maybe he asked to cut in line, they gave him a refurbished one or who knows maybe just a left over from other VIN fell off QC. The moral of story is patience pays, that guy’s wife complained to me her husband shouldn’t bitch to cut the line, then they wouldn’t have this problem. Her husband did said if they cannot get their Model Y back to them in couple weeks, they will just sell it fast and order my AGT. They never even heard of Lucid.
Worth remembering!

Actually got a second shipment of pencils today. Mea culpa for no silver AGT on the horizon?? I’d return them, but my wife grabbed this batch too. Maybe I could trade a box for the tire inflator kit? Be cheaper for Lucid than running a service vehicle from NY to PA…

I also received the pencils. I tried to get my kids excited about them and told them that they are the best pencils on the planet. It turns out that they much prefer mechanical pencils. Lol

So I received a second box of pencils yesterday, after receiving a first box a week ago. I wonder if they will send me two cars too...

My daughter, who is a mechanical pencil expert and general pencil snob, saw the Blackwing pencils and said Ooooh! Can I have them? I said “I thought you liked mechanical ones?“ She said “I do for taking notes, but these are the best for sketching!“

Not to take off topic too much but given the Lucid Blackwing pencils and us lowly AGT owners that didn't get a sharpener what is the best sharpener?

Yeah seriously, $15K for battery backup vs probably $1500 for Lucid reverse charger. Based on the Lucid’s massive battery I could power my house for a week off of it.

I'm looking at a battery back-up system and its a lot more than $15 for 20kW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back