Grand Touring Tracker (Archive)

Status
Not open for further replies.
And for those of you who keep score… 4 months, 20 days from order confirmation and 23 days from VIN assignment. Sounds like I could have picked up the car a day or two earlier, but I’m not back in town until May 4 anyway.

"It's the Big One! You hear that, Elizabeth! I'm coming to join ya!" Fred Sanford

I just got a call from my DA telling me that my VIN has been issued. I don't actually have it yet, but he said he was sending me an email with it "shortly".
@CLTGT You never did confirm that the email with your VIN actually arrived or was another broken promise. Did you officially get your VIN?

Yea, got my VIN. I think it is safe to say I would have been screaming on here had I not.

Quick notes on delivery and day 1 for all you soon-to-be Lucid owners. I’ll be doing a much more thorough guide early next week.

Delivery experience:
  • Jessop in Millbrae was fantastic as usual. We had the papers signed in five minutes and then got onboarded in the car.
  • My wife ended up spending a full hour learning about the car with Jessop while I chilled out in the back seat (big surprise!) She loved the interior, seats, exterior and overall quality. Expect your spouse may want some time to get familiarized.
  • When pairing the mobile key we had trouble, until I realized you have to go into the Lucid app to start the pairing process from your phone to car. If you just pull open the Bluetooth settings on iOS to pair the phone for mobile key it will fail.
  • Related to keys, you can (a) name them silly things such as “Fobert” as my wife did, and (b) I dislike that they can’t work with a normal keyring. Minor quibble.
  • There were only a few follow-ups post delivery - two small door misalignments and my subwoofer isn’t doing full output. Once I’m done with PPF they’ll take the car in for service to fix things.
  • Software gremlins people have had simply did not occur for me. I started using mobile key and haven’t looked back, EA plug-and-charge was seamless this morning, the car has never been unresponsive in the app, etc.
  • Shortly after getting home I installed my Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2 in the front very similar to how @hydbob did.
Driving experience:
  • I absolutely adore this car. Full stop. From the moment I drove off I realized something very special has joined my life and I am over the moon.
  • I may have hit every single 280 on-ramp north of Edgewood at least two times yesterday.
  • The lack of matrix headlights or auto-dimming high beams is a bummer.
  • The big windscreen after hours of driving in low sun and at night really grew on me. Not sure I‘ll ever go back.
  • The navigation defaults to 3d heading-up. I much prefer 2d north-up, but this is a minor pet peeve.
  • Lumbar support with the bolsters really squeezing you is less effective. Adjust the seat width setting if you feel the lumbar isn’t enough.
  • The 19” wheels+tires are very very good, even though I ordered the 21’s for summer fun. The only quibble is they scramble for traction when you punch it on a rougher surface in sprint mode. Otherwise they’re excellent.
  • When test driving I often found myself driving sedately (<75mph) and wondered if that was the car or me being cautious. It was totally me - the car just effortlessly goes nearly any speed you want.
  • I have so far averaged 3.4mi/kwh with a lot of “punch it, Chewie” happening.
  • I keep looking for reasons to go driving and my wife finally just looked at me and said “go play”…so yeah, I’m going to go play now.

• There were only a few follow-ups post delivery - two small door misalignments and my subwoofer isn’t doing full output. Once I’m done with PPF they’ll take the car in for service to fix things.
I can see how you'd notice the doors being out of alignment, but how did you determine the subwoofer wasn't doing full output? I can see noticing that it wasn't working at all, but not sure how I'd tell the output was low.

Congratulations!

I can see how you'd notice the doors being out of alignment, but how did you determine the subwoofer wasn't doing full output? I can see noticing that it wasn't working at all, but not sure how I'd tell the output was low.

Congratulations!
Thanks!

When I measured the stereo with @borski I noticed two distinct output levels on the response graph: one from 150->47hz and one from 47->26hz. This could be the result of two separate subs with slightly different frequency ranges (not surprising with 21 individual drivers), an artificial frequency response shift through the DSP or an artifact of the cabin.

For @borski’s car it would make sense if the DSP was the cause of that shelf. I could still hear the lowest notes without issue (Young by Vallis Alps hits very hard from 34 to 88hz for example) but as soon as I played that in my car it was severely muted. You can tell the note is there, but even with the EQ maxed for bass it is just a whisper instead of a shout.

Before taking it in I’m going to run some frequency response tests to see if I can identify the exact range that’s missing. The most likely cause is the amp simply not receiving enough power for the signal being put through or the driver itself being defective, either of which should be a straightforward fix.

Does anyone know, if not near a delivery center does lucid deliver to you? I’m 3.5hrs east of Seattle.

Thanks!

When I measured the stereo with @borski I noticed two distinct output levels on the response graph: one from 150->47hz and one from 47->26hz. This could be the result of two separate subs with slightly different frequency ranges (not surprising with 21 individual drivers), an artificial frequency response shift through the DSP or an artifact of the cabin.

For @borski’s car it would make sense if the DSP was the cause of that shelf. I could still hear the lowest notes without issue (Young by Vallis Alps hits very hard from 34 to 88hz for example) but as soon as I played that in my car it was severely muted. You can tell the note is there, but even with the EQ maxed for bass it is just a whisper instead of a shout.

Before taking it in I’m going to run some frequency response tests to see if I can identify the exact range that’s missing. The most likely cause is the amp simply not receiving enough power for the signal being put through or the driver itself being defective, either of which should be a straightforward fix.
Guess I'm going to have to more seriously consider downloading Room Equalization Wizard to my MacBook Pro and buy a calibrated mic. Curse you!

Does anyone know, if not near a delivery center does lucid deliver to you? I’m 3.5hrs east of Seattle

Does anyone know, if not near a delivery center does lucid deliver to you? I’m 3.5hrs east of Seattle
Im 80 miles north of seattle and da said free home delivery or pick at service canter -- my choice.

Im 80 miles north of seattle and da said free home delivery or pick at service canter -- my choice.
Thanks Bel! I don’t really want to be trying to go over the pass if my delivery stretches into fall…..

They give you 3 choices depending on circumstances - pick up at service center, home delivery, and Lyft Lux

Guess I'm going to have to more seriously consider downloading Room Equalization Wizard to my MacBook Pro and buy a calibrated mic. Curse you!
135ED2FE-929B-4D10-8025-D4B3DED57293.gif

You’d probably the first Lucid in eastern Washington. Tri-Cities or Spokane?

The problem is that @copper had a point of reference that allowed him to compare to know something was missing without using instrumentation. We don't know if @borski's car is a good reference point or not (exceptional/average/poor). It's a single example. After you get REW and a UMIK, you can compare your graph to what @copper recorded but you would need two people of comparable size seated in the same positions with the mike in the same position and play the same source material. You'll get a reasonable result by yourself.

The ideal environment would be an empty car with the seats set to a replicable position (all the way back or forward) with the mike hung a set distance from the ceiling but that wouldn't have been any fun for copper and borski. Then copper would arrange a meet up for the Bay Area group and test each Air to establish if results across cars is consistent. Then the rest of us can replicate the test and compare. Empty car would also eliminate borski jumping up and down in his seat as the source of the 2nd shelf. ;)

They give you 3 choices depending on circumstances - pick up at service center, home delivery, and Lyft Lux
What is LyftLux?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back