Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

Ok.. this thread caught fire last week with assignments and deliveries. I need another hit of that to keep my optimism high.

Lookin' sparse this week!

Mildly (or maybe wildly) off topic but I have now seen TWO Rivians in Columbus Ohio.

Nary a Lucid, not even my GT confirmed on 2 March (and apparently fell into a black hole.)
I had seen only one Lucid Air on Long Island (and possibly a second one that flew past me on the LIE) . When I received mine I was told it was the 23rd one delivered on the Island. As for Rivians, I saw 2, but none in the last few months. I guess they are all out there. Just not at the same time we are. Hope you receive word soon. The car is definitely worth waiting for.

If you haven't heard back, set up a call thru their email signature. That's been the easiest way for me. The DA's must be inundated these days, so best to put it on their calendar to get any questions answered...
The calendar appointment worked for me after weeks of frustration with non-responses to emails and voicemail.

I had seen only one Lucid Air on Long Island (and possibly a second one that flew past me on the LIE) . When I received mine I was told it was the 23rd one delivered on the Island. As for Rivians, I saw 2, but none in the last few months. I guess they are all out there. Just not at the same time we are. Hope you receive word soon. The car is definitely worth waiting for.
Saw one Rivian truck once few months ago at Flushing, Queens. It was green and very different than everything in the road.

Updated: 17 Aug 2022. Changes to last update (Jul 21) in bold italics.

GT, Black, Mojave, 19"
Dallas, TX
Reservation Date: 21 Jan 2022
Order Confirmation Date: 09 Mar 2022
Initial Contact from DA: 22 Mar 2022
VIN Assignment: 05 Jul 2022.
Estimated Delivery: Delivered! WAS: Within 10 days
Delivery: 03 Aug 2022

Sorry for the delay in reporting this, had to manage things not related to Lucid. But all are now healthy or well on the way there. The within 10 days from 21 JUL probably could have happened but I had to push it back to 03 AUG. Will offer vehicle comments after it's been driven about 500 miles. Will offer delivery comments now. Actually let me change that....in the DFW area with 105 degree sunny no clouds weather that roof needs some tinting! Air conditioning cannot keep up, especially in non-highway driving. So if anyone reading this has gotten their Lucid tinted in the DFW area please let me know.

Had home delivery and it went very well....arrived 3 minutes before they said it would. The DA did a very good job for someone who was just on his second day of the job. Two questions he couldn't answer he indicated he'd get back with 24 hours and he did. I don't know if he could answer my wife's questions because when she asked a question I answered it...thank you to everyone here for training me so well about the car....and thank you all for that checklist!

Pleasantly surprised by fit and finish. Paint finish was an eyeball test and it looked good....didn't measure gaps but the eyeball said the gaps were consistent and acceptable. Never expected it to be so good, at least as good as the 2015 S Class it is replacing. All the time I spent convincing my wife.....explaining new car, new company, etc...don't be disappointed by cosmetic issues that can be fixed...etc...a waste of my time. It was excellent. I tried every feature to make sure it was working and just ended up with one item needing correction....drivers seat left side bolster did not work. As soon as I get 500 miles to discover other service correctable issues I will schedule a service call.

Thanks again to everyone for their comments since I first signed onto the Board.

Updated: 17 Aug 2022. Changes to last update (Jul 21) in bold italics.

GT, Black, Mojave, 19"
Dallas, TX
Reservation Date: 21 Jan 2022
Order Confirmation Date: 09 Mar 2022
Initial Contact from DA: 22 Mar 2022
VIN Assignment: 05 Jul 2022.
Estimated Delivery: Delivered! WAS: Within 10 days
Delivery: 03 Aug 2022

Sorry for the delay in reporting this, had to manage things not related to Lucid. But all are now healthy or well on the way there. The within 10 days from 21 JUL probably could have happened but I had to push it back to 03 AUG. Will offer vehicle comments after it's been driven about 500 miles. Will offer delivery comments now. Actually let me change that....in the DFW area with 105 degree sunny no clouds weather that roof needs some tinting! Air conditioning cannot keep up, especially in non-highway driving. So if anyone reading this has gotten their Lucid tinted in the DFW area please let me know.

Had home delivery and it went very well....arrived 3 minutes before they said it would. The DA did a very good job for someone who was just on his second day of the job. Two questions he couldn't answer he indicated he'd get back with 24 hours and he did. I don't know if he could answer my wife's questions because when she asked a question I answered it...thank you to everyone here for training me so well about the car....and thank you all for that checklist!

Pleasantly surprised by fit and finish. Paint finish was an eyeball test and it looked good....didn't measure gaps but the eyeball said the gaps were consistent and acceptable. Never expected it to be so good, at least as good as the 2015 S Class it is replacing. All the time I spent convincing my wife.....explaining new car, new company, etc...don't be disappointed by cosmetic issues that can be fixed...etc...a waste of my time. It was excellent. I tried every feature to make sure it was working and just ended up with one item needing correction....drivers seat left side bolster did not work. As soon as I get 500 miles to discover other service correctable issues I will schedule a service call.

Thanks again to everyone for their comments since I first signed onto the Board.
I had that issue also! Get the service call in because they had to replace my entire front seat and it took 2 weeks to get the seat.

I saw 2 Rivians last week on LI. One on the LIE and one near Brookville. I have not seen any Lucids. Meanwhile I’m cruising around in my 911 TTS waiting for my electric car to offset my carbon footprint 😳🤣

And my DA responded saying no update but they are ramping up and they are seeing deliveries closer to 2 weeks after VIN assignment.

Zoom zoom zoom makes my heart go boom boom

Build​

Model: Air
Trim: Grand Touring
Color: White
Interior: Tahoe

Timeline​

✅ Reservation made: 2021-11-27 (day 0)
✅ Order confirmed: 2022-03-01 (day 94)
✅ VIN assigned: 2022-06-09 (day 194)
✅ Assembly complete: 2022-06-21 (day 206)
⚠️ Inspection delay
✅ Shipment:
2022-07-20 (day 235)
✅ Goose Island: 2022-08-11 (day 257)
✅ Pick up: 2022-08-17 (day 263)

Hannah was awesome even though I was like 45 minutes late to the pickup because I spent the morning thinking it was Tuesday.
I looked very hard for body panel issues, but nothing worse than a small scuff on the underside of the front bumper which a wet cloth handled.

cc @mnewber1

Last edited:

Build​

Timeline​

⚠️ Inspection delay
✅ Shipment:
2022-07-20 (day 235)

Hannah was awesome even though I was like 45 minutes late to the pickup because I spent the morning thinking it was Tuesday.
I looked very hard for body panel issues, but nothing worse than a small scuff on the underside of the front bumper which a wet cloth handled.

Congratulations!
I confirmed my order 1 day after yours and still no word on a VIN; original order 2021-05-29. SIgh.

I confirmed my order 1 day after yours and still no word on a VIN; original order 2021-05-29. SIgh.
what was your configuration? I wish they'd be more upfront about the fact that they manufacture in batches of the same color/trim/interior.
If you're flexible on the config, you can ask your DA about claiming a vehicle from a cancellation.

Or on the off chance you're near Chicago, swing by and you can give mine a test drive!

Build​

Timeline​

⚠️ Inspection delay
✅ Shipment:
2022-07-20 (day 235)

cc @mnewber1
Congratulations and enjoy it in the best of health
I haven’t seen one on the road in Chicago yet (Saw a red DE at the former collector’s car garage)
Where in the city are you (I am in E Lakeview)
My GT P will be the same color scheme

what was your configuration? I wish they'd be more upfront about the fact that they manufacture in batches of the same color/trim/interior.
If you're flexible on the config, you can ask your DA about claiming a vehicle from a cancellation.

Or on the off chance you're near Chicago, swing by and you can give mine a test drive!
Thank you for the generous offer - Ironically, I was IN Chicago last weekend :)

We did a test drive at the Tyson's Corner location when we were in the DC area back in April (at which time we were told "you'll definitely have your car by June").

In any case, waiting on our Zenith Red, Santa Cruz with 19" wheels. Some day....

Congratulations and enjoy it in the best of health
I haven’t seen one on the road in Chicago yet (Saw a red DE at the former collector’s car garage)
Where in the city are you (I am in E Lakeview)
My GT P will be the same color scheme
Apparently, there was one Dream in the city for the last few months. I'm in the West Town (walking distance from the Goose Island facility).
I'll shoot you a DM if you're free this weekend to give it a go? It fits well with the F/A-18s flying around the city lol

GT, Red, Tahoe, 19"
Reservation: 03/16/2022
Confirmation: 04/01/2022
VIN assigned: waiting
Waiting, waiting, waiting... ....
I too confirmed on 4/01/22-GT, Red, Tahoe 21". Hopefully those VINs arrive soon!! Best of luck to all of us waiting :)

Back