Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

I'm in DFW but i cant decide if i want to pick up the car and drive it back or have it delivered. I plan to get it wrapped so not having it exposed on the drive woudl be nice, but i kind of want to do the drive and experience the car
Next door Of Houston Service Center is PPF wrap shop and Tesla service center. That is where I got mine done, then drove back home. Pretty good job they did!

I'm in DFW but i cant decide if i want to pick up the car and drive it back or have it delivered. I plan to get it wrapped so not having it exposed on the drive woudl be nice, but i kind of want to do the drive and experience the car
Won't Lucid deliver it to you in DFW?

Won't Lucid deliver it to you in DFW?
They will. That's not the problem. I just wouldnt mind picking it up at the service center to get the whole "experience" and also get a nice break-in drive. But it's deciding if it's worth it or just have them deliver to my house and get it wrapped to make sure it's protected. Also I can probably take delivery quicker if I pick it up

Next door Of Houston Service Center is PPF wrap shop and Tesla service center. That is where I got mine done, then drove back home. Pretty good job they did!
How long did it take them to wrap?

Mine took (3) days, but XPEL had to scan the car first to make a pattern. Should be faster now.

They will. That's not the problem. I just wouldnt mind picking it up at the service center to get the whole "experience" and also get a nice break-in drive. But it's deciding if it's worth it or just have them deliver to my house and get it wrapped to make sure it's protected. Also I can probably take delivery quicker if I pick it up
You can have that experience at service center or at home, or you can do both of you don’t mind go there to get preliminary orientation like I did before wire.
I did the whole 9 yards, PPF, ceramic coating, all windows tint and canopy coating tint. they were busy with cars ahead of me, about 7 days.

When my car was done in their show room, it attracted a lot of Tesla owners into the shop from next door Tesla Service Center.

Bear's Flyover and seeing wrapped cars in the middle lot, which is weird.

View attachment 3707View attachment 3708
Impossible to tell if wrapped cars are moving out and being replaced with new wrapped cars, or if those same cars have been sitting there a while. Those who complain about no car carriers need to remember there is lots of time in the day when the drone is not flying overhead. The video of the parking lot is good for seeing the number of cars at a moment in time, but for movement of cars over a period of time it means next to nothing.

This morning from my DA:

“At this point your VIN can be assigned any week now. Cars have been delivered very soon after VIN assignment, in some cases as quickly as 2 weeks. I will let you know as soon as it is assigned, and if it sounds ok to you I will follow up in the last week of August if it isn’t assigned by then.”

I want to feel encouraged, but we’ll have to see. Grey, Mojave, 19”, order confirmed March 2.

This morning from my DA:

“At this point your VIN can be assigned any week now. Cars have been delivered very soon after VIN assignment, in some cases as quickly as 2 weeks. I will let you know as soon as it is assigned, and if it sounds ok to you I will follow up in the last week of August if it isn’t assigned by then.”

I want to feel encouraged, but we’ll have to see. Grey, Mojave, 19”, order confirmed March 2.
Looking at how many cars are wrapped and "ready to be delivered" in that lot, I wouldn't be surprised if that ends up being true. At least for a while. They could be seeing bottlenecks both with transport to the Service Centers, and then with too many cars sitting in Service Centers waiting on delivery.

Perhaps because of that, they are holding back on VIN assignments (or at least revealing VIN assignments to customers) until the car is close to ready to be shipped out, as opposed to at the beginning of production? Maybe they've found customer frustration is worse when there's a long delay between VIN and delivery?

They could also be shuffling around a lot of VINs due to cancelations?

My car was scheduled to be delivered today. This morning, I got a call from the Riviera Beach service center saying the car would be delivered to my house today, but between 8:00 and 9:00 pm tonight! Sun goes down at 8:14 pm today here, so there's a good chance it will be dark when it shows up. Good thing my garage is well-lit.

This morning from my DA:

Sounds good to me.. you got a ballpark idea of what to expect, confirmation of ultra-quick VIN to Delivery time (something we've seen on the forum but haven't confirmed is a new norm) and worst-case scenario you'll get a direct update at the end of August.

Wish I had your DA!

Sounds good to me.. you got a ballpark idea of what to expect, confirmation of ultra-quick VIN to Delivery time (something we've seen on the forum but haven't confirmed is a new norm) and worst-case scenario you'll get a direct update at the end of August.

Wish I had your DA!
A quick VIN to delivery is the new norm only because of cancellations, not because the system has all of a sudden become more efficient.

A quick VIN to delivery is the new norm only because of cancellations, not because the system has all of a sudden become more efficient.
Or .. they have stopped issuing VINs at stamping/production/etc and straight up assigning cars when AZ PDI is done & ready for delivery. And I think the delivery times are given based on transport schedules.

Is that just a forum theory or confirmed? I've seen more quick deliveries than I have cancellation reassignments.

My car was scheduled to be delivered today. This morning, I got a call from the Riviera Beach service center saying the car would be delivered to my house today, but between 8:00 and 9:00 pm tonight! Sun goes down at 8:14 pm today here, so there's a good chance it will be dark when it shows up. Good thing my garage is well-lit.
Well, now it's scheduled for tomorrow morning (August 5). Service center called and said they were delayed again, if I wanted it today the Air would arrive at my house at 11:00 pm! They offered tomorrow morning, and I said that's fine.

Impossible to tell if wrapped cars are moving out and being replaced with new wrapped cars, or if those same cars have been sitting there a while. Those who complain about no car carriers need to remember there is lots of time in the day when the drone is not flying overhead. The video of the parking lot is good for seeing the number of cars at a moment in time, but for movement of cars over a period of time it means next to nothing.
Adding to this. Supposedly most of the haulers come and load up at night

Back