Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

Correct me if I'm wrong, but you took it upon yourself to apply early with Bank of America with just a VIN number and no vehicle in PDI.

That's a bit different than a DA asking someone to apply directly with their new inhouse financing.

Regardless, a sales order should be written up before any financing steps are taken.
No, I applied early with a VIN, statement that my car is in production, and should be delivered in 2-4 weeks. Also I applied with Lucid financial as well as BoA to compare rates. Turned into about 8+weeks. But my car is here finally. To be delivered next week. All is good now.

strange flurry of activity from my DA. I was told car left the factory to goose island for PDI. He called earlier this week to say I needed financing in place to get to the next step. I was concerned because commitments don't last more than 30-45 days. He still did not have an update on delivery. He had me apply through Lucid financing just to move process along as Lucid will not move the car unless you are ready. . Now I hear that the car is ready to leave PDI in one or two days. They will want payment in full but I do not have a sales agreement or anything other than a Vin number to present to my bank. I know there are growing pains but is this what you guys went through?
As others have stated, you *should* be having a sales agreement in place.

Have you checked your portal? Your DA should have uploaded the dox there. There should be an Order Agreement there.

Once you line up financing, and you can do this with anyone or pay cash, they will get you a Purchase Agreement Final Price Sheet. And I think this also gets uploaded to your portal, reflecting the cash down, loan amt, etc ...

G'luck.

You should have been given the Sales Agreement from Lucid to sign around the time the car was sent to the service center for pre-delivery inspection. That has the total price with taxes, registration, etc. I wasn't asked to make the final payment for the car until it had completed pre-delivery inspection. But, yeah, they don't seem to want to schedule delivery until you've paid off the car. I believe some owners may have paid Lucid with a certified check once the car was delivered.
I am not sure when my Air GT will make it to me but I can guarantee that I will not hand over a 150k+ check to them before I see the car in person. I can see a non disposable deposit but not full payment. I did not pay for my Tesla in full until it arrived so not sure why I would do it for Lucid.

The delivery story of Luci comes to an end, finished arranging all financing and sent a wire yesterday afternoon. Well as stated, that opens the door for the delivery team to schedule you in. We took delivery at 11AM today (8/3) at the Torrance Studio/Service Center. Luci was perfect and my wife even let me drive her around some. A BIG shout out to the team at Torrance, a real pleasure to work with. Luci's basic timeline for those interested: Confirm 3/29, VIN 7/5, Delivery 8/3. The car will forever be known as Luci due to all the fun had on this forum. Any suggestions on which thread(s) to follow now?
20220803_111228.jpg

The delivery story of Luci comes to an end, finished arranging all financing and sent a wire yesterday afternoon. Well as stated, that opens the door for the delivery team to schedule you in. We took delivery at 11AM today (8/3) at the Torrance Studio/Service Center. Luci was perfect and my wife even let me drive her around some. A BIG shout out to the team at Torrance, a real pleasure to work with. Luci's basic timeline for those interested: Confirm 3/29, VIN 7/5, Delivery 8/3. The car will forever be known as Luci due to all the fun had on this forum. Any suggestions on which thread(s) to follow now?
View attachment 3856
That's a real beauty. Thanks for once again reaffirming my choice in the Stellar White.

Got an email my car has finally left the factory doors & is in the 'wild'. Elvis has finally left the building.

Hoping for delivery sometime next week.

For anyone interested, the last 4 digits of the VIN is 1975.
:-( ... Update ... not the best news ... :-(

Car supposedly has reached SEA but rear window was damaged during transport & will require additional 2 weeks to repair, validate & delivery. :-( ... And the wait goes on ...

I am not sure when my Air GT will make it to me but I can guarantee that I will not hand over a 150k+ check to them before I see the car in person. I can see a non disposable deposit but not full payment. I did not pay for my Tesla in full until it arrived so not sure why I would do it for Lucid.
I don’t blame you. I paid for my car last Friday and it’s scheduled to be delivered tomorrow. Yet, the Riviera Beach service center has yet to confirm to me that will actually happen. They were supposed to confirm delivery this afternoon, but the silence has been deafening.

I’m hoping that tomorrow morning I’ll get a call from them that “we’re on the way,” but I’m not feeling very optimistic.

In retrospect, I think your approach is the correct one.

:-( ... Update ... not the best news ... :-(

Car supposedly has reached SEA but rear window was damaged during transport & will require additional 2 weeks to repair, validate & delivery. :-( ... And the wait goes on ...
You could be like @Coltonw011 and just take delivery unless it totally got fubared

You should have been given the Sales Agreement from Lucid to sign around the time the car was sent to the service center for pre-delivery inspection. That has the total price with taxes, registration, etc. I wasn't asked to make the final payment for the car until it had completed pre-delivery inspection. But, yeah, they don't seem to want to schedule delivery until you've paid off the car. I believe some owners may have paid Lucid with a certified check once the car was delivered.

I was told "no certified check". only wire transfer or financing.

Q2 conf call said 679 delivered in Q2, my quick scan of GT tracker shows about 65 in April/May/June. So now we are up to 10% of orders on the forum?

so if they’re producing 20/day, ramping quickly to 30+ by September ( only way to hit 6,000 for the year), we should be seeing 2 to 3 VINs per day, no?

Q2 conf call said 679 delivered in Q2, my quick scan of GT tracker shows about 65 in April/May/June. So now we are up to 10% of orders on the forum?

so if they’re producing 20/day, ramping quickly to 30+ by September ( only way to hit 6,000 for the year), we should be seeing 2 to 3 VINs per day, no?
Not so sure about that. Forum has 1300 users and they have 37,000 reservations. Reduce that by 25% for people who doubled up, 27,000. This forum is now only representing 5% of owners/reservation holders. I think we would be lucky if we saw reports of 1 every other day.

View attachment 3856
Looks great! Kept going back and forth between red and white. I may tell my DA that if they have a cancellation in white, I’ll take that over waiting for the red I have ordered

At least for Q2, because we have hard numbers for what Lucid said they delivered, and whats in the tracker, we had roughly 10% of actual deliveries. So maybe the forum skews towards earlier order holders? I spend time here mostly because I thought I’d have a car months ago.

At least for Q2, because we have hard numbers for what Lucid said they delivered, and whats in the tracker, we had roughly 10% of actual deliveries. So maybe the forum skews towards earlier order holders? I spend time here mostly because I thought I’d have a car months ago.
The good news in the numbers is that, despite Musk’s prediction, Lucid is not on the path to bankruptcy. They burned through 800M in cash last quarter. Barring another supply chain disruption, they won’t run out of money if they keep ramping up at the same pace as they did between Q2 and Q3

The good news in the numbers is that, despite Musk’s prediction, Lucid is not on the path to bankruptcy. They burned through 800M in cash last quarter. Barring another supply chain disruption, they won’t run out of money if they keep ramping up at the same pace as they did between Q2 and Q3
I meant Q1 and Q2 (where is that edit button anyway)

MY CAR IS FINALLY ARRIVING AT HOUSTON TONIGHT! WOO
Congratulations! The Houston service center does a great job with delivery and service.

Congratulations! The Houston service center does a great job with delivery and service.
I'm in DFW but i cant decide if i want to pick up the car and drive it back or have it delivered. I plan to get it wrapped so not having it exposed on the drive woudl be nice, but i kind of want to do the drive and experience the car

View attachment 3856
Amazing, congrats!

I'm in DFW but i cant decide if i want to pick up the car and drive it back or have it delivered. I plan to get it wrapped so not having it exposed on the drive woudl be nice, but i kind of want to do the drive and experience the car
I understand. I bought two cars in Dallas and had them shipped to Houston but really wanted to drive them home. I know a very reliable car transport guy that has an enclosed trailer, probably $950 from Houston to the Dallas area. We drove the DE from Houston to Rowlett and it was a lot of fun on the highway. I had a radar detector installed before the trip. :cool:

Back