Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

Congratulations! I just followed exactly the same process yesterday. I flew to PHX from LAS, Lyft to the delivery center on Scottsdale Rd, got a thorough walk through with the folks there, lunch in Old Town Scottsdale, then drove back to LV.
Here is mine in front, and yours might be one of the covered cars behind.
View attachment 2989
The delivery folks thoughtfully charged the car to 91% for the drive; any higher would disable regenerative braking. If I had driven sedately I could have pulled into my garage in LV with 12% charge. As it was, I stopped in Kingman for a top up anyway because I wanted to try out the Electrify America system.
The drive through the Joshua Tree Forest on 93 was particularly enjoyable but the whole way was great. Here is a shot from the Black Canyon overlook south of Hoover Dam.
View attachment 2988
Nice! did they offer any SWAG. The car cover would be nice.

223C770C-1F8E-47B8-8289-45BE944B559B.png

I posted this in the previous thread but am reposting here in the hopes it gets added to the tracker.

I had an order confirmed for a Zenith Red GT on March 29, 2022. It has the Tahoe interior with the 21" aero blade wheels.

I have not yet received a VIN. Though, back in April my SA said I should be expecting one sometime mid-to-late June with a delivery in late September. I'm doubtful on that timeline at this point but I guess we'll see.

The other tricky part is that my Model Y lease is ending. I'm tempted to pick up a used Taycan 4S in the meantime.
I have the same timeline with
My DA told me my car is not yet in production, that is my update and my loading issue...

Right there with you. My middle to end of June VIN estimate is looking iffy at this point.

It may not be ideal conditions with all the construction to have customers walking around picking up their cars at the factory? Or they just don't have the real estate.

Otherwise it would save them a lot of money to have customer pickups at the factory.
I think the factory would have to be capable of doing pre-delivery inspection to pull that off, whereas right now that’s the PDI and service centers that do that, correct?

Is that the first time we've seen unwrapped cars down at the bottom? Strange to see the single file line at the very bottom too.
Very early in December we saw them. Since then, I don't think so.

My guess is the tent will be for those "test vehicles" mentioned by Lucid. Things like the silver and full metal roof cars we saw. Potentially other colors...Blue?

This is not a good sign. They want to hide and protect cars, whether it is new models, test vehicles, or simply inventory that is waiting for final assembly or transport, from our prying eyes.

Didn't someone complain about/question the logic of leaving $140k cars out in the AZ sun and wind for long periods of time? Maybe this is simply the solution.

This is not a good sign. They want to hide and protect cars, whether it is new models, test vehicles, or simply inventory that is waiting for final assembly or transport, from our prying eyes.
I think we're reading into some tents way too much. Could be as simple as them wanting to protect some vehicles for a bit in the baking sun.

I think we're reading into some tents way too much. Could be as simple as them wanting to protect some vehicles for a bit in the baking sun.
That is what I would hope. I have mentioned to my DA several times about my concerns on cars being outside in the AZ sun, blowing sand and heat and those affects on the batteries and the paint.

Those DAMN forum guys. Time to build a giant tent so they can't keep guessing WTF we are doing here!
A giant tent will not stop the guessing. More accurate communication might. I still don’t know what the hell is going on with my car or when to expect delivery, just that it is still in Casa Grande And they hop to have it “completed” by the end of June, whatever that means.

A giant tent will not stop the guessing. More accurate communication might. I still don’t know what the hell is going on with my car or when to expect delivery, just that it is still in Casa Grande And they hop to have it “completed” by the end of June, whatever that means.
It means they can include it in their cars produced count in the Q2 Earnings Report 😜

Or to keep the monsoon rain out and give employees a dry place to work. There is a severe thunderstorm warning for the area today.

I think the factory would have to be capable of doing pre-delivery inspection to pull that off, whereas right now that’s the PDI and service centers that do that, correct?
It seems like the factory is now (and will continue) doing a full QC inspection before cars shop out. I think the service center PDI should really only be to identify and address any issues or damage from transportation, and the final detailing.

It seems like the factory is now (and will continue) doing a full QC inspection before cars shop out. I think the service center PDI should really only be to identify and address any issues or damage from transportation, and the final detailing.
I hope so. After 9 weeks in the factory, I wouldn’t want to wait another 9 for PDI at the service center.

Back