Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

I bought the Motor Trends, they fit great but the smell is totally unacceptable! OMG, they made the car almost unusebale. No exaggeration.

They are sitting outside and I'm hoping they will de-gas or whatever they need to do to work. If they don't, Ill buy the Weather tech generics. Can someone please share the model number for the Wethertech generics? Oh and BTW, do the WT smell when they are first installed? Thanks.
Yeah.. leave them out in the sun or run them in the shower under hot water

For the tracker: Took delivery at home today. See signature below for timeline.

I was offered a plane ticket and hotel stay to fly to Chicago to pick up my car, but I declined. Tyler from the Oak Brook Studio flew to Minneapolis and then drove 90 minutes to my home. The covered trailer traveled separately, had two cars and arrived early. The second car was scheduled for later today back in Edina (suburb of Minneapolis).

No build issues whatsoever. SOC was 100% with about 20 miles on the odometer. Software version 1.2.185 (the latest AFAIK). Tyler had not done the HomeLink set up before and that took two tries before it worked. One minor issue setting up the Home address setting as our neighborhood is pretty new and was not recognized. It took only a few minutes to get the hang of one pedal driving and went for a spin - an amazing ride.

Pictures coming soon.
Congratulations on the new car. Enjoy the ride and share your experiences. I lived in Edina long back, winter is arriving fast with lots of salt on the roads to manage snow. What's the plan for protection under the car from salt?

Received my car yesterday, home delivery, Red/Santa Fe, order confirmed 03/27/2022, looks great, real attention grabber, can't believe how many people have taken pictures just in 1 day, will post more detailed review and pictures later
Congratulations and enjoy it in the best of health

Congratulations on the new car. Enjoy the ride and share your experiences. I lived in Edina long back, winter is arriving fast with lots of salt on the roads to manage snow. What's the plan for protection under the car from salt?
I had the same question about road salt for the tech who came this week. He said the undercarriages was well sealed/protected, but (forgive me, not a car mechanic) where the ball joints and other exposed metal may be, there is a wax application that can be done to help protect them from winter road applicants. If anyone knows of any specifics to point me in the right direction, that is one item I want to tick off the list before the snow flies here in New England. The tech did not believe it would have any adverse impact on the car/systems.

Yesterday got a call from LUCID to give me an update, turned out it was a call to gauge my interest in an early lightning delivery of my order (maybe someone canceled). I agreed to take the delivery. Got my VIN today and the car is ready for delivery in Miami, FL as I write this. Excited to meet the GT in Red. :)

Received my GT Zenith Red Tahoe 21 today. Love it so far!
Any issues in this car that are bothering you as a first-time user? I'm getting mine next week.

I bought the Motor Trends, they fit great but the smell is totally unacceptable! OMG, they made the car almost unusebale. No exaggeration.

They are sitting outside and I'm hoping they will de-gas or whatever they need to do to work. If they don't, Ill buy the Weather tech generics. Can someone please share the model number for the Wethertech generics? Oh and BTW, do the WT smell when they are first installed? Thanks.
Those Motor Trends mats were probably made in Bangladesh, where they have no worker protection laws. Those 12 year old's sometimes forget to add the "new car smell" chemical to the rubber mixing vats.

Weather tech had a temp worker who allegedly killed a co-worker, problems everywhere

Lucid has ramped up production of the GTs which all of us waiters can celebrate. The increased production is forcing more waiters to complete the transaction or cancel. It is D-Day for the confirmed buyers. This has led to many cancellations of orders, though my DA says the cancelation rate has not changed, there are more cancels because more cars being completed each day. Also, the time from VIN to delivery is now the shortest it has ever been, roughly 3 to 4 weeks, with the many cancellations shortening the timeline to 2 weeks or less for some. My vehicle, with an August 9 VIN, still at the factory, not complete, not ready for shipping. Did it fail inspection? Is it missing some parts? Does it have the dreaded 12V battery issue? Doesn't matter, as I will not be purchasing that vehicle. Today, I was offered a different vehicle, completed 2 days ago, with the same configuration, to replace the original. Now awaiting transport to Riviera Beach.

The Red Baron took a clandestine flight from Casa Grande AZ at 0900 on 09/12 to Riviera Beach FL, landing at 1000 on 09/16. He went through his PDI and successfully passed his bill of health, awaiting the go ahead for the next leg of his journey. He then went through the owner's additional inspection, following the owner's "CHECKLIST FROM HELL" and is currently awaiting final approval before take-off. ETA is 1100 on 9/27 at an undisclosed location north of Charlotte, NC, where he will receive instructions for his sorties on the roads of NC.

Watch out Snoopy, the Red Baron is coming!

I absolutely love how we are getting more flair in posts and deliveries. There has definitely been a shift in sentiment towards Lucid in the last few weeks. Very excited for all new owners and soon to be owners!

Can you let me know which floor mats you ordered, from where?, I need them too
The floor mats in black look good, but if you want to match the Tahoe interior, the Motor Trend mats in beige are almost an exact match to the carpet and interior leather.

Back