Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

Thanks! I’m trying to be as objective as possible and I know I’m sampling from a very biased and flawed dataset. Only Lucid would know the true state of things.
I guess that’s one downside of me being excited enough to be watching this forum for months :)

I’m definitely not letting the loudest voices dictate how I perceive things(it goes both ways actually).
I think it’s just those few critical functions that I expect to be flawless. Hearing that it’s nearly 100% reliable with the fob is definitely reassuring. The silence on some issues is just not reassuring though. I wonder if owners are hearing back from Lucid but are not at liberty to share.

The plan right now is to make a decision after my second test drive tomorrow. I’ll report back after we do it.
Current plan is to form a new opinion on(Importance in braces):
1. New Nav (Low)
2. General state of software (High)
3. AC function/heat from the windshield (Low - to decide if we need to setup a tint appt)
4. Sound system (High)
5. Luggage capacity (Low - We’re gonna carry some luggage and see what it can fit)
6. Profile switching (Med)
7. Random fit and finish things from the forum delivery checklist (Med)

It’s really just going to come down to the car not having a hiccup during a 1.5 hour test drive.
I’m super excited and generally very lenient towards new tech. Thanks to all the owners to try and keep the story straight.
I would say to temper your expectations. Most of the testers are still preproduction cars (I believe), so the software may still be many versions behind and some of the functions may not be enabled. If you really want to get a sense, find someone local to you that already has a car and see if they will let you check it out.

I would say to temper your expectations. Most of the testers are still preproduction cars (I believe), so the software may still be many versions behind and some of the functions may not be enabled. If you really want to get a sense, find someone local to you that already has a car and see if they will let you check it out.
Good point since all except 1 & 3 can be checked out without even driving the car. While an owner might not be willing to let you drive, they might take you for a ride and you can check out #1 & 3. Post a request in the San Diego thread to see if anyone is willing to do that. I know that SD has a production car for test drives but I don't know if the software has been kept up to date..

Order confirmation May 31 2022
Vin assigned Sept 16 2022
Just talked to DA CAR is ready to deliver to Houston Delivery and Service Center to pick up.
Got two Loan approval and waiting for another two and finalize soon out of which BOA said they can close it by 2-3 days. Credit Union will take time about week
Expecting to get the Car delivery by the week Sept 26 or Max Oct 3rd week.

Just got back from Southern Cal. My GT is to be delivered tomorrow to my house. Optimistic that there will be no issues bad enough for me to not accept delivery. But then again my 2021 Model S had a few uneven panel gaps and windows not flushed and I drove it for a few months before repairs. I guess the small details doesn't bother you after a while.

Reactions: Joe
Contacted on 9/19 with a GT available with exact build spec. Confirmed purchase and Vin assigned 9/21, delivery scheduled for 9/26.

Pictures coming soon.
I replaced the floor mats with the WeatherTech generics
1663853931280.jpeg
1663853979026.jpeg
1663853994402.jpeg

1663854068745.jpeg
1663854084820.jpeg

Attachments

• 1663854048485.jpeg
    1663854048485.jpeg
    2 MB · Views: 73
No. They said if I want it Friday, it's in Short Hills, NJ. If I wanted to wait potentially a week or two, I could have had home delivery.
Please let me know how the process at Short Hills goes. I’m hoping to do that process next month there. Thanks

Suuuurre…Cosmos Silvers start delivery 2.5 weeks after I take delivery of my alternative color, Stellar White. Please…someone tell me the paint color and the platinum finish roof margins don’t quite match…. 🥲
You know, I read your post earlier and thought...( he's waited this long and gives up right at the moment...) yea, I had been tempted myself. I drove the white Cruz version and loved it. White is a good "blend" color (I do not want attention of strangers)...but I've waited 10 years for this car. The Little Fox: the little fox comes to a cold river and pauses, cosidering how he can cross without getting wet. He carefully plots a course leaping from stone to stone, and when he finally arrives at the last stone just a small step to the dry shore, he relaxes, and lets his tail drop into the cold stream. It's not over until it's over.

This is inaccurate; it is selection bias.
exactly.
People come here to gripe and complain, and look for solutions.
exactly
It is rare that someone simply posts how much they love the car,
because we are still waiting
because most people feel much more compelled to share when something has gone wrong. The same phenomenon often exists in online reviews, which is why business will explicitly hire people to respond to reviews hoping to change them from negative to positive, and incentivize people to leave positive ones (with free meals, etc.). You have to take that into account when reading these forums.
we're still getting used to social media ... humans were not evolved for this...our awareness is still expanding
Moreover, people tend to “dump” their issues on every forum thread,
I feel terrible about some of my early posts that I so wish I could, if not delete, at least edit. Somehow I don't see my BS until it's up there, permanently, for all the world to see. Often my post is just venting or sorting out frustration when I'm overwhelmed by emotion.
I know this, and again, somehow posting/venting makes me feel powerful in the moment. All this waiting and not knowing and reacting to "news" leaves me feeling powerless. Then my rational lobes engage and say. "WTF did you do?"
I do not like that Sam I Am.
even if someone does post about how much they love the car, they certainly don’t do it on every single thread.
Noted. I will post how much I love my car (currently a silver hot wheels) in every post going forward.
Also, angry people tend to lean toward assuming malice rather than mistake
sadly, this is all too often human default mode. it takes awareness of one's emotional state to take steps to "get back to reason".
@Joe @hydbob maybe we could have a monthly poll posted that gets emailed to all the forum users and asks the general questions of overall happiness with the car? Similar to an NPS score? That might help address some of the otherwise overwhelming bias toward negative issues here?
This is a good idea, or something like this.
I came here because this is an historic moment. We are posting our diaries. We are the champions of the integrated electrical grid.
This is a huge change in human society.
I want to be a promoter. This is a very good thing. This is an epic car. Complaining doesn't mean ship. We've already shown we will wait and cope with frustration, and pay mightily for the future we want.

Update delivered 9/19
timeline
reserved 1/31
confirmed 3/10
vin 8/16
for those in central Florida I had the car delivered directly to Empire Auto Spa in Longwood Florida (exit 94 off of I4). Mine will be the 4th Lucid for PPF. Shawn the owner assisted on the vehicle inspection. Commented that the build was much tighter than some of the others he had seen. Small piece of loose molding and the charging port door needs a minor adjustment.
Bryan Holly handled the delivery, he was great. Spent about two hours with us. Hard part was leaving the car behind. Can’t wait to drive it.

Great pics , thanks
I like the mats, my DA recommended the Motor Trend ones and I ordered a set in tan. Once I have them in we can compare notes.
Here is a picture of mine out in the sun during some errands today.
The car did one odd thing. I received a call when driving, after hanging up the radio did not come back on. When I got back home I was able to get it playing but it seemed a bit wonky (I picked another station to play but it played the station I had been listening to).
Driving the car in traffic is so easy and maneuvering is great.

Attachments

• IMG_0877.jpg
    IMG_0877.jpg
    3.6 MB · Views: 79
You know, I read your post earlier and thought...( he's waited this long and gives up right at the moment...) yea, I had been tempted myself. I drove the white Cruz version and loved it. White is a good "blend" color (I do not want attention of strangers)...but I've waited 10 years for this car. The Little Fox: the little fox comes to a cold river and pauses, cosidering how he can cross without getting wet. He carefully plots a course leaping from stone to stone, and when he finally arrives at the last stone just a small step to the dry shore, he relaxes, and lets his tail drop into the cold stream. It's not over until it's over.
It really wasn’t a matter of impatience. I saw how many times deliveries were delayed and just didn’t want risk having mine pushed into 2023 and missing out on the EV rebate. The silver over white is also a very nice look. Just a few more bug splats to deal with. And the car itself is fantastic. The only issue so far that isn’t a first world problem is the driver’s door failing to latch on one occasion. Temporarily solved by a good hard slam and they’re coming out armed with a new latch (if needed) shortly.

It really wasn’t a matter of impatience. I saw how many times deliveries were delayed and just didn’t want risk having mine pushed into 2023 and missing out on the EV rebate. The silver over white is also a very nice look. Just a few more bug splats to deal with. And the car itself is fantastic. The only issue so far that isn’t a first world problem is the driver’s door failing to latch on one occasion. Temporarily solved by a good hard slam and they’re coming out armed with a new latch (if needed) shortly.
IMO it was totally reasonable to be worried about Silver deliveries. Silver VINs and deliveries started to seem hopeless for 2022.

Stellar White is much nicer on the Lucid anyway ;)

Received my car yesterday, home delivery, Red/Santa Fe, order confirmed 03/27/2022, looks great, real attention grabber, can't believe how many people have taken pictures just in 1 day, will post more detailed review and pictures later

I bought the Motor Trends, they fit great but the smell is totally unacceptable! OMG, they made the car almost unusebale. No exaggeration.

They are sitting outside and I'm hoping they will de-gas or whatever they need to do to work. If they don't, Ill buy the Weather tech generics. Can someone please share the model number for the Wethertech generics? Oh and BTW, do the WT smell when they are first installed? Thanks.

Back