Grand Touring Air in Idaho.

Wganz

Cars
Lucid Air , Grand Touring
I
My Lucid Air Grand Touring clock did not switch to standard time last weekend. Does anyone know how to change the clock?

Where in Idaho are you?
I am in Idaho Falls.
I would check my clock, but it’s in the shop getting PPF and ceramic coating.

That’s like a different country.😉

Glad you enjoy it.

I will check my clock when I get the car back in a couple days.

I
My Lucid Air Grand Touring clock did not switch to standard time last weekend. Does anyone know how to change the clock?
I know it’s in the settings, and that there’s an option to either have it change automatically or you manually change it. Sometimes it gets stuck and a simple toggle between manual will allow the auto function to work again. Sorry, don’t know exactly where in settings but that info is in the manual!

I know it’s in the settings, and that there’s an option to either have it change automatically or you manually change it. Sometimes it gets stuck and a simple toggle between manual will allow the auto function to work again. Sorry, don’t know exactly where in settings but that info is in the manual!
I figured out the issue: the software automatically chose Mountain Standard Time. The northern half of Idaho is Pacific Standard Time. I am surprised that the vehicle does not use the cellular network to set the time zones. I did manually reset my clock to PST. I did notify the Lucid representative of this glitch.

That’s like a different country.😉

Glad you enjoy it.

I will check my clock when I get the car back in a couple days.
Stratus,
What is PPF and what is the ceramic coating for? I read that certain coatings on the car can affect some of car's multiple sensors.

Stratus,
What is PPF and what is the ceramic coating for? I read that certain coatings on the car can affect some of car's multiple sensors.

It’s paint protection film to protect against damage, like rock chips or unintended scratches. Ceramic coating is also protective but acts more as a hydrophobic agent to make the vehicle easier to clean.
You are correct about the sensor issue. I think as long as you have an expert detailer, any sensor interference can be avoided. I went over this carefully with my detailer prior to moving forward.
Not everyone applies coatings, I did it for peace of mind.

It’s paint protection film to protect against damage, like rock chips or unintended scratches. Ceramic coating is also protective but acts more as a hydrophobic agent to make the vehicle easier to clean.
You are correct about the sensor issue. I think as long as you have an expert detailer, any sensor interference can be avoided. I went over this carefully with my detailer prior to moving forward.
Not everyone applies coatings, I did it for peace of mind.
Thank you for the information. It might be a good idea for vehicles here with all the gravel that they put on the roads for traction in the winter. Did you contact Lucid asking for recommendations regarding your detailing? I am not sure who I would contact locally to get an estimate.

Thank you for the information. It might be a good idea for vehicles here with all the gravel that they put on the roads for traction in the winter. Did you contact Lucid asking for recommendations regarding your detailing? I am not sure who I would contact locally to get an estimate.

Yes, we have a plethora of rocks!!

I didn’t contact Lucid; I do not think they would know.

I have some friends and colleagues here in Idaho Falls that recommended a shop to me, as they had prior excellent service. I am actually going to pick up the car tomorrow.

I would start with a local google search and try to get recommendations.
If an adequate place cannot be found locally you could theoretically travel to the nearest larger community ( Spokane maybe?) .

Tomorrow when I pick up the car I will ask the owner if he knows anyone in your area.

Back