Good article re: EV micro leases gain popularity allowing you to try before you buy

CapHillDC

Cars
Air Pure
I'm not sure if this lease-related topic has come up yet. If not, there are some good recent articles about micro leases. Here is one that I like. I wonder if this is something Lucid would consider to get more Airs on the road.

I'm not sure if this lease-related topic has come up yet. If not, there are some good recent articles about micro leases. Here is one that I like. I wonder if this is something Lucid would consider to get more Airs on the road.

That's a really good idea. I have a couple friends with EVs, but the rest of them are very leery about the idea of having anything other than an ICE car. They worry about range, power outages, all kinds of stuff. I think they're just uncomfortable with something different than they know. So giving them a chance to try would be a good introduction.

It is an interesting idea but once one factors in the one time costs and the disposition fee it turns out to be about $1,500/month for the five month period. The down payment is about 10% of the cost.

It would also be an interesting option for someone who wants to wait a short period of time before acquiring a new vehicle: perhaps waiting for a new model to come out, or for someone ordering a factor built vehicle and needs to wait for it to be built to one's specifications. The open ended nature of this arrangement would seem to make it a great option for that kind of buyer.

Congrats to Polestar for doing this.

[weird factoid: in Scottsdale the Polestar and Lucid showrooms are in the same high end mall!]

Lucid is kind of already doing this. It’s not really a “micro” lease, but the 18-month leases are pretty short and really have started to get people interested in trying the Airs

Great to hear! Lucid seems to be making some good progress on the marketing/sales side.

Back