Get excited - What’s coming soon for your Lucid

Nice. Very short on specifics but it resets any anxiety over the long spaces of time between significant OTAs. I feel much better that they have a good team that is really trying to do significant things.

It is also clear now why car play came first as Mike Bell is from Apple and he brought in a lot of other Apple (former) employees. They are obviously more comfortable with Apple but I am sure AA will come.

He obviously loves his work at Lucid and is very excited about the future.

He talks mostly Apple history until about 10 minutes in. It is very short on specific things coming but the pure joy and excitement he exudes is very clear.

Nice. Very short on specifics but it resets any anxiety over the long spaces of time between significant OTAs. I feel much better that they have a good team that is really trying to do significant things.

It is also clear now why car play came first as Mike Bell is from Apple and he brought in a lot of other Apple (former) employees. They are obviously more comfortable with Apple but I am sure AA will come.

He obviously loves his work at Lucid and is very excited about the future.

He talks mostly Apple history until about 10 minutes in. It is very short on specific things coming but the pure joy and excitement he exudes is very clear.
It's an interview for an Apple-centric web site. So it makes sense they talk a lot about Apple. But I agree, it's clear Bell is happy to be at Lucid. He worked for Apple at exactly the right time for his stock options to have been worth boatloads, so the man clearly doesn't need to be still working. And he pulled his old team out of retirement as well. So the expertise and willingness is there for sure. I continue to believe, given Lucid already has the best hardware on the market, once their software comes into its own, Lucid should be an unstoppable force. It's just going to take some more time.

It's an interview for an Apple-centric web site. So it makes sense they talk a lot about Apple. But I agree, it's clear Bell is happy to be at Lucid. He worked for Apple at exactly the right time for his stock options to have been worth boatloads, so the man clearly doesn't need to be still working. And he pulled his old team out of retirement as well. So the expertise and willingness is there for sure. I continue to believe, given Lucid already has the best hardware on the market, once their software comes into its own, Lucid should be an unstoppable force. It's just going to take some more time.
I have NEVER seen any Lucid employee, regardless of position, not be extremely dedicated and loving the company. Right from leadership, to the SA's, and even the studio staff.

I wanted to get excited, but the first 10 minutes was all about what he did at Apple and the rest contained zero deliverables, just discussions about what they already did, but through rose colored goggles. My dream is that some day we see a podcast like this that gives actual information about what they are working on fixing and delivering. Something that would generally excite current and future customers without hyperbole.

I especially didn't like that he was celebrating adding the USB option to listening to music without acknowledging that it needs work to make it a usable feature.

Sorry to be that guy but that was 35 minutes of my life I won’t get back.

Last edited:
I wanted to get excited, but the first 10 minutes was all about what he did at Apple and the rest contained zero deliverables, just discussions about what they already did, but through rose colored goggles. My dream is that some day we see a podcast like this that gives actual information about what they are working on fixing and delivering. Something that would generally excite current and future customers without hyperbole.

I especially didn't like that he was celebrating adding the USB option to listening to music without acknowledging that it needs work to make it a usable feature.

I actually really enjoyed it. He seems like a genuine nice guy and has worked on a number of projects that turned out some amazing results.

I understand the desire for more detail. But it was a fluff piece for an Apple rumors site. The fact they interviewed him at all is great news for getting the word out about Lucid.

So as PR campaigns go, this was a huge win for Lucid, even if some hungry owners like us are left a bit underwhelmed.

I found the discussion worthwhile; he does seem to like his job. My takeaway was "...really cool features...in a very small number of weeks".

Please Sweet Baby Jesus, make this come true.

It gives me hope that Lucid will be one of the first in line to get Carplay 2.0. I would love to be able to customize the dashboard and what information is presented to me.

I understand the desire for more detail. But it was a fluff piece for an Apple rumors site. The fact they interviewed him at all is great news for getting the word out about Lucid.

So as PR campaigns go, this was a huge win for Lucid, even if some hungry owners like us are left a bit underwhelmed.
I didn’t realize that it was for Apple Rumors. Ok, I get it, good PR for an audience who may not really know Lucid.

It gives me hope that Lucid will be one of the first in line to get Carplay 2.0. I would love to be able to customize the dashboard and what information is presented to me.
I look forward to this, too. With hope. Especially if I can customize it with just some elements of CarPlay along with the built-in stuff. I'd likely use Lucid's spedometer and battery stuff, for instance, but then replace that Air logo on the right with a current track playing widget, or turn-by-turn from CarPlay navigation. Maybe a couple of other widgets on the left.

You won't get back the time that you wrote this either!

Saw this post too late, other thread I made wasn't necessary.
Thanks mods!

He did say new features coming soon that are great, and so that's something for us to look forward to.

Back