Fun Issue: What Do You Call The Gas Pedal in an EV?

DJL

Verified Owner
I am having fun with this and want to get input from the Forum. I was questioning what one calls the gas pedal in an EV and did some surfing. I discovered that some are saying we should call it the Accelerator Pedal. However, I really don't like that suggestion simply because I do 1-pedal driving so I am using the same pedal to accelerate and decelerate. I saw that Nissan is calling it the "e-pedal" and they supposedly invented 1-pedal driving. Hmmmm? I also saw that InsideEV picked up on Nissan's term and wrote an article on it. I think "e-pedal" has potentiall but it sounds a little too "hipp" to me. Do you folks have any suggestions or insights?

I am having fun with this and want to get input from the Forum. I was questioning what one calls the gas pedal in an EV and did some surfing. I discovered that some are saying we should call it the Accelerator Pedal. However, I really don't like that suggestion simply because I do 1-pedal driving so I am using the same pedal to accelerate and decelerate. I saw that Nissan is calling it the "e-pedal" and they supposedly invented 1-pedal driving. Hmmmm? I also saw that InsideEV picked up on Nissan's term and wrote an article on it. I think "e-pedal" has potentiall but it sounds a little too "hipp" to me. Do you folks have any suggestions or insights?
I've always called it the accelerator pedal. Even before I switched to EVs.

Even with regen and 1-pedal driving, I just think of that as negative acceleration.

Fred

I've always called it the accelerator pedal. Even before I switched to EVs.

Even with regen and 1-pedal driving, I just think of that as negative acceleration.
Love your thinking!

I would call it in tech speak bi directional accelerator or in simple speak single pedal 😊

EFC - Electron Flow Controller. :cool:

I knew I was floating this fun subject to the right crowd. You guys are so creative!

Back