Frunk closing

Is it just my car where the frunk closes like a French guillotine, or are they all like that?
All like that. Theoretically it has a safety sensor but I’ve never had the courage to test it. Haha

All like that. Theoretically it has a safety sensor but I’ve never had the courage to test it. Haha
Go test and record it please 😂

Picture the scene. We're standing over a headless body Telling the gathering crowd, "we frunked him!" The Lucid is gently humming in the background, as if it has just had a very satisfying lunch.
1660153776338.png

Seriously, I am concerned that some little kiddo will press the close button and have that lid come down on him. Not a pleasant thought.

Its a long press, at least on mine
Yea you have to hold it, but kids will figure that out. If someone hasn't tested it, when i get my car back I'll do it.

I was warned at the delivery center to be careful with the frunk when closing because it comes down hard.

Its a long press, at least on mine
Not on mine! The total operation is:
1. Position hand near button
2. Make sure all of your body except your arm/hand is away from the car.
3. Tap the button WHILE simultaneously pulling hand away from the button
4. So Watch the frunk slap down with a noisy thud.

Yea you have to hold it, but kids will figure that out. If someone hasn't tested it, when i get my car back I'll do it.
Just tested with a pool noodle. Yes, the frunk will reopen after hitting it, but it hits it with a good amount of force. For an adult, I don't think it would break an arm (osteoporosis not withstanding), but it would definitely leave a good bruise.

Between the quick actuation once the button responds, as well as the force of the closure, it sometimes seems like I’m throwing a hand grenade: pull pin, release, and get out of the way without being caught up in the explosion.

Reviving and old thread … yes, I do agree that the frunk closes pretty quickly, but I’m also not willing to test the safety feature using an arm! One issue I found when the frunk closes, the latch for the passenger side engages first, followed by the latch for the driver side … maybe about 1-2 seconds in between. Is this normal behavior that others see? I’m making my punchlist for my first service visit. Don’t want to bring up anything that is expected behavior.

Reviving and old thread … yes, I do agree that the frunk closes pretty quickly, but I’m also not willing to test the safety feature using an arm! One issue I found when the frunk closes, the latch for the passenger side engages first, followed by the latch for the driver side … maybe about 1-2 seconds in between. Is this normal behavior that others see? I’m making my punchlist for my first service visit. Don’t want to bring up anything that is expected behavior.
I say if you’re scared about the frunk closing on you, use the fob or the button on the left cockpit to close it. No point in scaring yourself.

I don’t find it that fast, myself. I think it would hit my head before it would ever catch my arm, in any event.

Haven’t noticed one side latching before the other.

I say if you’re scared about the frunk closing on you, use the fob or the button on the left cockpit to close it. No point in scaring yourself.

I don’t find it that fast, myself. I think it would hit my head before it would ever catch my arm, in any event.

Haven’t noticed one side latching before the other.
Lol. I’m not scared, it’s just pretty quick. Surprised that there isn’t a beep like on motorized rear hatches. Thanks for confirming your frunk latching behavior, I’ll add it to my list for my First service visit. So far everything is pretty minor.

I’ve had my thumb nail taken out by the motorized door on my wife’s GLS. Every time I close the frunk when my kids are around I yell “clear”

Is it really 1-2 seconds? That's a long time. Either way, had that issue with my first gen frunk latches, they replaced them.

Back