Front end ground clearance ?

Charley

Cars
RivianR1T, Sapphire
DE Number
Tried a search but here I am. My Porsche I can hit a button and the front end lifts about 2" so I can clear speed bumps and steep incline transitions. Does Lucid have that ?

Nope, because no air suspension

Attachments

• giphy.gif
    giphy.gif
    558.2 KB · Views: 184
Tried a search but here I am. My Porsche I can hit a button and the front end lifts about 2" so I can clear speed bumps and steep incline transitions. Does Lucid have that ?

In the same vein, anyone recommend a good parking stop for garage? I have concrete ones they use in parking lots, but due to unknown Lucid clearance I want something that has lower profile. The concrete blocks we have are held in place by rebar. Something that will stay put when rolled against without drilling and rebar would be excellent.

In the same vein, anyone recommend a good parking stop for garage? I have concrete ones they use in parking lots, but due to unknown Lucid clearance I want something that has lower profile. The concrete blocks we have are held in place by rebar. Something that will stay put when rolled against without drilling and rebar would be excellent.
For what it is worth I use fishing line with a plastic practice golf ball (holes in it) that I hang from the ceiling so that it just hits the front of the hood at the right spot. I put a piece of ribbon about halfway up the line and when I see it vibrate I know I'm perfect.

The Lucid can clear a standard concrete stopper

I use the parking lot stopper in my garage. If you hit it hard, you may have to place it back on a rare occasion. Works fine for my wife’s Odyssey. This is the wider one which is more stable.

The Lucid can clear a standard concrete stopper

Same with ours. It clears standard concrete stoppers but can hit certain curbs. Pay attention to the front camera.

What is the ground clearance? I don’t see it listed
It's been posted a few times on the forum - 5" with 21s, fractionally lower with 19s. It's listed in the owners manual which has also been posted multiple times. I have no idea where that is measured - lowest point, middle, front?

It's been posted a few times on the forum - 5" with 21s, fractionally lower with 19s. It's listed in the owners manual which has also been posted multiple times. I have no idea where that is measured - lowest point, middle, front?
Thank you. Looked on website specs but didn’t think to look for an owners manual.

There is an airfoil in front of each front wheel. I just measured the clearance to the floor: 3 1/8".

Without knowing it, I had torn both foils off my car. They discovered this at the Service Center Saturday when I took the car in to have the ADAS recalibrated after the radar/laser installation. And I'm not the first person who has done so.

(My radar/laser installer had to call Lucid a few times to get some information/assistance with the install. He said they were the most helpful service group he's dealt with from any manufacturer.)

IMG_1014.jpg

Last edited:
Back