Frist Impressions

DJL

Verified Owner
Like just about everyone else who has experienced the delivery of their new Lucid, mine was awesome! The DA and Service Center manager were remarkable, yielding a process that was welcoming, warm, friendly and very informative. Christine, the service manager, even went back into the shop a number of times to take pictures of parts of the car that was being worked on to show me where various items are, since she did not wish to tear my new Lucid apart to get to them. She will be sending me the pictures she showed me for my files and I will post them when I get them.

The inspection of the fit and trim yielded no issues as far as I am concerned. However, I did ask Zaid if he found anything when he inspected the car prior to my arrival. He surprised me by saying yes. He then showed me the driver’s side rear window quarter panel window. He claimed that it was scratched and they would be replacing it the first time I brought the vehicle in. I had to get very close to it to see a couple of short, hairline scratches that a razor blade made when a sticker was scrapped off.

The car was already loaded with update 1.2.21, the update that just came it.

Every good thing about this car I have read in this forum or saw on YouTube videos, I experienced driving home up in Blaine, WA. Amazing handling response, feeling of the road, smooth ride, power/”zoom” factor, sitting comfort, looks, radio, etc.

What I discovered, and you may find interesting, is that most of the various negative comments, in my opinion, just reflect some feature that is or responds differently than what you are used to. For example, some people feel the steering wheel is to bulky, others feel the air conditioning vents are limited in their directionality or their knobs are flimsy. Other believe the two volume wheels or fan speed and temperature control buttons are flimsy. For me, they are just fine and my concern on these issues fell to the roadside. I even have to laugh at the idiot reviewer for Edmonds who complained about the smell. It just new LEATHER smell, and it is present in all new cars with true leather seats.

I must admit, some of the features are not as intuitive to me and require a different method to use them. For example, the adaptive cruise control feature requires me to use a slightly different procedure to use and then turn off. Also, the high setting of the regen braking takes a bit of time to get use to. The navigation system does take a few seconds to load but once loaded, it pretty responsive.

I need to learn to adjust a few things. For example, Alexa is a bit too load as compared to the music on Tidal I was listening to. I assume I can lower her volume. Also, I made a mistake to allow Alexa to announce notifications as they come it. She cuts off the music when she does and the music stays muted for too long once she is done. It’s a bit annoying but it is my mistake for setting it up that way.

Glad you received your vehicle. Looking forward to us “Washingtonians” getting together for a cruise. Very exciting. Guess its time to a long drive to grab a coffee. Question is, what state.

Reactions: DJL
I must admit, some of the features are not as intuitive to me and require a different method to use them. For example, the adaptive cruise control feature requires me to use a slightly different procedure to use and then turn off. Also, the high setting of the regen braking takes a bit of time to get use to. The navigation system does take a few seconds to load but once loaded, it pretty responsive.
Backing up with regen on and turning the cruise control off without changing speed took the most practice for me. Not difficult, but like you say different from an ICE car.

Reactions: DJL
Back