Ford's Remarks on the Mustang Mach-E

Not "totally botched" or a "failure". Ford's CEO said they could have done more engineering on the Mach-e to reduce product cost. Hyperbole is exciting but we're not after clicks here.

The Mach-e was the third largest-selling EV in the USA in 2022, and Ford is significantly increasing its production volume for this year. They're #2 in EV shipments in the USA behind Tesla.

As Farley conceded on the call,

“Ford has been the #1 in recalls in the US for the last 2 years.”

"They aren't high-value recalls, but we make it up in volume. "

The model s and the Lucid are pleasing to the eye. Every other EV turns me to stone.

The model s and the Lucid are pleasing to the eye. Every other EV turns me to stone.
I have to agree with this. The Taycan is maybe okay? Although I think it gets dinged for looking too much like a 911. Which makes me just want to get a 911 instead.

The S is a nice-looking car. Although I’m still not thrilled with that nose. Better than the original, but not quite right. Also, it’s getting long in the tooth. The reason the 911 is timeless is that they keep subtly altering it to keep up with the times.

The Air is the only EV I’ve ever seen that got the entire front of the car right. Took a minute to get to like the back as much as the front, but it grew on me.

As Farley conceded on the call,

“Ford has been the #1 in recalls in the US for the last 2 years.”

"They aren't high-value recalls, but we make it up in volume. "
Even the so-called most reliable Toyota had recalls and their first EV had the potential for wheels falling off. It can happen to any car in the first model year.

This just shows you why none of the old automakers are competitive when it comes to EV’s and lack the efficiency compared to Tesla and Lucid. Discovering 1.6km of unnecessary wiring harness is just one item on a list of many no doubt.

Ford left $2 billion on the table with that mistake alone. I think there is a video on Munro live comparing the Mach E wiring harness compared to the Tesla’s. It was probably how Ford was made aware of it…..

This just shows you why none of the old automakers are competitive when it comes to EV’s and lack the efficiency compared to Tesla and Lucid. Discovering 1.6km of unnecessary wiring harness is just one item on a list of many no doubt.

Ford left $2 billion on the table with that mistake alone. I think there is a video on Munro live comparing the Mach E wiring harness compared to the Tesla’s. It was probably how Ford was made aware of it…..
If you don't know/believe that Ford would have bought at least one Tesla and broken it down I have some wonderful ocean front property in Phoenix I want to sell you. I am sure they had the wiring harness early in the process.

I'll bet that is 1 mile of extra copper wire rather than 1 mile of extra wiring harness, which is a bundle of wires. Still a lot.

If you don't know/believe that Ford would have bought at least one Tesla and broken it down I have some wonderful ocean front property in Phoenix I want to sell you. I am sure they had the wiring harness early in the process.
There was a Ford engineer who did a AMA on Reddit. He admitted they ripped apart a Model 3 while designing the Mach-E

I’m going to be bias, I think the best EV out there are made by Rivian and Lucid with Tesla coming in 3rd. My judgement is based on features/value/efficiency/performance/luxury. I have tried F150 Lightning, PS2 Kia EV6 and passenger for MachE and checked out Ioniq5.

I think best value manufacturer is Hyundai/Kia for offering 800 volt charging at that price range. The worst value imo is Porsche Taycan. Toyota and Honda sadly cannot make EVs with proper profit margin, they are just going to fade away. In 2 years, I predict top 3 EV manufacturers will still be Tesla, Ford and Hyundai/Kia.

That definitely doesn’t sound right. They manufactured 78k MachE’s in 2022. At $2B that would put the cost of unnecessary wire at $25k per car!!

That definitely doesn’t sound right. They manufactured 78k MachE’s in 2022. At $2B that would put the cost of unnecessary wire at $25k per car!!
It’s about cost average down. At Q1 2022, Lucid only delivered 360 cars, it calculated about $680k cost per car, DE and GT was bargain sale before they can scale up.

I’m going to be bias, I think the best EV out there are made by Rivian and Lucid with Tesla coming in 3rd. My judgement is based on features/value/efficiency/performance/luxury. I have tried F150 Lightning, PS2 Kia EV6 and passenger for MachE and checked out Ioniq5.

I think best value manufacturer is Hyundai/Kia for offering 800 volt charging at that price range. The worst value imo is Porsche Taycan. Toyota and Honda sadly cannot make EVs with proper profit margin, they are just going to fade away. In 2 years, I predict top 3 EV manufacturers will still be Tesla, Ford and Hyundai/Kia.
Don forget GM. They will dominate the budget market with equinox and blazer.

I feel that lucid should have done what Fisker did to raise cash for the pre production. 5000 x 5k non refundable deposit. They should do that with future models but deliver on time and all the promised features. No excuses.

come on.. we all know the BMW i3 is the most pleasing to the eye 🤣
iu
iu

I loved that car- perfect for cities and was very forward looking when it came out. I’m sure they lost a ton of $ on it (carbon fiber chassis!). If they kept a focus on developing EVs, rather than seemingly forgetting about them for almost 10 years, they could have been a real leader now.

Back