Fording Depth?

I haven’t seen it posted but a safe bet would be to keep it below the center of the wheel hubs or the lowest point of any cooling fan blade, whichever is lower.

The car is so low, I would just avoid driving through any puddles. "Fording" should not even be in your vocabulary ;).

Considering the low stance the words “ford“ and “Lucid” shouldn’t be used in the same sentence. 😊

3 inches

Given all the flash flooding we are having in places that don't normally flood, just trying to be proactive.

Given all the flash flooding we are having in places that don't normally flood, just trying to be proactive.
I actually asked during the factory tour and they said it should be able to go through a flood zone up to the bottom of the pilot panel, but not to test that lol

I actually asked during the factory tour and they said it should be able to go through a flood zone up to the bottom of the pilot panel, but not to test that lol
What's the pilot panel?

I was surprised to read that our XC40 EV has a specified fording depth of 450mm (18 inches). We made full use of it in far northern CA's redwoods! Am not planning to do the same with the Air.
XC40 Swimming.jpg

I was surprised to read that our XC40 EV has a specified fording depth of 450mm (18 inches). We made full use of it in far northern CA's redwoods! Am not planning to do the same with the Air. View attachment 3968
The image is named “XC40 Swimming” while I waited for it to load. Had a chuckle… thanks for that 😂

The image is named “XC40 Swimming” while I waited for it to load. Had a chuckle… thanks for that 😂
There was a BMW sedan stuck on the other side of the river waiting for a tow. Tools need to be appropriate for the job!

That Volvo has an adjustable air shock setting that can lift the whole body almost 3 inches higher than normal. I have used it for extra clearance for snow often. It kicks out at 25mph. But note if that were salt water, corrosion can set in on the undercarriage wiring (think air bag - collision sensors) that can cause a random, dangerous situation down the road. So if a. car was sitting that deep in salt water for any length of time it would be a total for your insurance company.

That Volvo has an adjustable air shock setting that can lift the whole body almost 3 inches higher than normal.
Not our little XC40 EV! Could have used it as the road was extremely rough and pot-holed - a 5mph drive at best.

Back