For those that got PPF installed.

Rchie

Verified Owner
Cars
2023 Lucid Air Touring
Did you guys have PPF installed on only the front or did you do full body?

Initially I did the entire car except for the four doors and and the trunk lid and then had ceramic coating applied over everything. Sure enough shortly after that I had another car on the freeway throw a small piece of wood at my passenger front door and it put a small deep scratch on the bottom section of the door. It bothered me so I had my detailer remove the ceramic coating from that door (and the other three doors) and fill and buff out the scratch so it was hardly visible. Then I had them put PPF on all four doors and add the ceramic back. Now the only portion of the car without PPF is the trunk lid. I should have just done it all from the beginning.

First and only car I did entire car PPF & ceramic.

Last edited:
I did PPF and ceramic on everything except the trunk lid, which is probably stupid because I tend to put things on it. Really glad I did the full ceramic, though, as the car is so much easier to clean.

My Touring is in for full ceramic impregnated PPF & window tinting. Can't wait to see the finished product. Vendor is using the highest grade of Llumar PPf.

Full body Xpel Ultimate Fusion PPF. I had no idea what PPF (or ceramic coating) was until I started spending time on this forum late last year (2021). This forum has been a really bad influence.
Same...lots of blame to go around these parts.

Full body Xpel Ultimate Fusion PPF. I had no idea what PPF (or ceramic coating) was until I started spending time on this forum late last year (2021). This forum has been a really bad influence.
Yep. Car charger, car mats. PPF, & window tint. I'm lucky I don't have to buy gas as I'm broke :)

Did you guys have PPF installed on only the front or did you do full body?
Only the front - looks fine over the ceramic coat over the whole car. One word to the wise, be sure they cut out holes for the sensors. Upon application of the PPF, it will stick to the sensors and will not seem to be a problem. But, as the PPF cures, it tightens and lifts off the sensors and then generates false reports.

Yep. Car charger, car mats. PPF, & window tint. I'm lucky I don't have to buy gas as I'm broke :)
Same for me - full PPF, charger, mats, window tint and I had the entire car ceramic coated. I’m going to buy better mats once they come out - haven’t decided on 3D mats or Tuxmat. Wish I took such good care of myself! 😆

I only did front PPF, self applied Adams Graphene to the rest. I’m wishing I had PPFd the whole car though. My niece dragged her backpack across the trunk lid and scratched it, also have some longitudinal scratch on the back bumper I have no idea how it got there. After the New England winter totally destroys my current PPF and ceramic I plan on having the whole thing redone with full PPF/ceramic over it by a professional.

Same for me. My car is now at the detailed for front, rockers, rear bumper and ceramic coating exterior and interior. There is always first time for everything.

Same for me - full PPF, charger, mats, window tint and I had the entire car ceramic coated. I’m going to buy better mats once they come out - haven’t decided on 3D mats or Tuxmat. Wish I took such good care of myself! 😆
Did they fully wrap your door handles

Are people get the door handles fully wrapped or hand cut around the edges?

Back