Follow up/update on the "downgrading then upgrading to keep original pricing" from SA

Impatient7536

Not sure how many of you here ended up downgrading their GT reservation to a T or P in hopes of being able to upgrade in the future to keep the original pricing. I was just told that if I upgrade from a P to GT and want to keep the original price, it needs to be done by 6/30. If I go from a P to T and want to keep the original price, I still have 30 days from the P invitation to order.

Hope this helps

Been told that you can upgrade from P to T and keep the pre increase price. Haven’t been given any timeframe. Been told you cannot downgrade from T to P currently and keep the old price. Didn’t ask if again there is any grace period.

You can also change anything about the trim and keep the same price pre-increase, meaning upgrade DreamDrive pro, etc...

Been told that you can upgrade from P to T and keep the pre increase price. Haven’t been given any timeframe. Been told you cannot downgrade from T to P currently and keep the old price. Didn’t ask if again there is any grace period.
yah, i think a few of us ended up downgrading from GT to P in hopes of being able to upgrade back to GT in the future and keep the old pricing. but this new piece of info puts us on the clock again

P to T doesn't change, since we won't be getting the invitation anytime soon, so they'll still honor the old pricing.

P to T doesn't change, since we won't be getting the invitation anytime soon, so they'll still honor the old pricing
Oh good, that's the one upgrade I'm considering making

My Sales rep sent an email to me which I posted below. 6/30 is the deadline to change trim level and keep the old pricing. I also spoke to him and asked about an extension and he said it's corporate policy and the answer is NO!
I have a Touring reserved and can't decide if it's worth it to upgrade to the GT? I live in Florida and am a little nervous about the glass roof but on the other hand really would like the 516 mile range. I've tried to explore the differences between the 2 trim levels and beyond what has already been listed, does anyone know what the differences might be such as brakes, soundproofing, suspension, double insulated glass and other less publicized things? I understand about the massage seats, interior trim, leather etc but I'm more concerned about things that would affect the driving and enjoyment of the car. Below are the difference in options that was communicated to me but I want to know more detail. My rep told me the glass, suspension etc would be the same.

• Massage seats only available on Grand Touring and above
  • Cooling seats only available on Touring trims and above
  • The 21 speaker Dolby Atmos stereo (Touring comes standard with a 12-speaker stereo)
  • Leather dashboard trim
  • Glass Canopy (it is an add-on option for the touring)
  • 900 volt charging system (vs a 700 volt in the Touring)
  • Grand Touring has additional horsepower and range
  • Grand Touring comes standard with Dream Drive Pro where Touring has Dream Drive and you would need to pay for Dream Drive Pro
  • Wheel options. The Touring comes standard with 20-inch wheels and the Grand Touring comes standard with 21-inch wheels
  • Paint selection. The touring comes standard with Stellar White or Infinite Black. If you want Cosmos Silver, Zenith red or Quantum Grey that will be $800 additional. The Grand Touring comes with any of those paint options included.
Additional pricing I received:
  • Cost for Dream Drive Pro option will be $9,000 for the touring. This is included on the Grand Touring.
  • Cost for Glass canopy option on the touring will be $4,000
  • Cost for the surreal Sound System option will be $2,900
  • Cost for 19” Aero Range wheels w/ all season will be included in the cost of the Touring and Grand Touring. The 21” Aero Blade wheel with summer tires will be $1,500.

Hi Joseph,

Hope all is well and you are having a great week.

As you may already know, pricing for Lucid Air has recently increased due to global supply issues.

As an Air Touring reservation holder, I wanted to let you know that this month is the last opportunity to upgrade your trim to the Air Grand Touring for the original price of $139,000. Are you interested in upgrading?

The last day to upgrade at the original price will be June 30, 2022. Once you are invited to place your order, you will have 30 days to confirm.

If you plan to remain with your current Air Touring trim level starting at $95,000, you will also have 30 days to place your order once you are invited. After the 30 days, it will be subject to the new starting price of $107,400.

I also wanted to share some exciting news. Lucid Financial Services has officially launched, offering leasing and financing options.

If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me directly.

Have a great day and rest of your week.

Michael Perez

Studio Advisor – Brickell City Centre

I gotta be honest given the pending price increases I can think of zero reason to not upgrade to GT at the pre-increase price. If you got DD pro plus sound system plus canopy post-price increase you’re looking at about $124k before tax if you choose a paint color not black or white. So post increase touring costs $15K less that pre-GT price, but with GT you get massaging seats, 100 miles more range, 900v and 200 more HP. It makes the GT at the current price point a no brainer, the glass canopy really isn’t a problem because it’s tinted so well.

I gotta be honest given the pending price increases I can think of zero reason to not upgrade to GT at the pre-increase price. If you got DD pro plus sound system plus canopy post-price increase you’re looking at about $124k before tax if you choose a paint color not black or white. So post increase touring costs $15K less that pre-GT price, but with GT you get massaging seats, 100 miles more range, 900v and 200 more HP. It makes the GT at the current price point a no brainer, the glass canopy really isn’t a problem because it’s tinted so well.
But if you‘re in a position to do this upgrade, you wouldn’t pay the post-increase Touring price. You’d pay the pre-increase Touring price.

Also, stop temping me. 😉

Last edited:
Not sure how many of you here ended up downgrading their GT reservation to a T or P in hopes of being able to upgrade in the future to keep the original pricing. I was just told that if I upgrade from a P to GT and want to keep the original price, it needs to be done by 6/30. If I go from a P to T and want to keep the original price, I still have 30 days from the P invitation to order.

Hope this helps
I simply upgraded from touring to AGT on 6/8, got an order confirmation on 6/9, just because I was told about the 6/30 deadline. I have a very convenient way to rationalize the upgrade. Since the Touring price increased to 126,900 after price increase, it was $12,100 difference, and with that I get 200+ hp, 100+ more range, upgraded interior, etc. Works for me !

I am going through the exact same mental gymnastics at the moment. Currently holding an early Touring reservation but seriously considering upgrading to GT. The other issue is timeline. Even with the old Touring pricing, if you don't want any of the extras (DD Pro, Surreal Sound Pro, etc) then you are going to be further delaying the purchase as there is still no concrete timeline on when those cars will ship, though I think we all believe it will delayed vs purchasing a Touring with all options. And a Touring with all options is now pretty close to AGT in terms of the market value proposition us reservation holders can get.

Wish they would give some indication of Lease program rates. I could easily see myself leasing this time, given the rapidly changing EV market, and the lease options will likely be more affordable than straight financing (in terms of monthly payment at least).

Hmmm. Decisions, decisions....

6/30 is the deadline to change trim level and keep the old pricing.
Just want to clarify, that deadline only for P/T to GT upgrades. someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

My P to GT upgrade will still be at the old pricing, until P confirmation emails start going out. When that happens, I'll have 30 days to confirm and keep the old pricing. After that, new pricing starts.

I also spoke to him and asked about an extension and he said it's corporate policy and the answer is NO!
I asked if there was a way to confirm the order, but tell the factory to NOT start production until I'm ready, even if it'll take another 3-6 months after giving the OK to start. The answer was no. It seems like they are really trying to convert all existing orders to confirmations or bump them into the new pricing category.
Wish they would give some indication of Lease program rates. I could easily see myself leasing this time, given the rapidly changing EV market, and the lease options will likely be more affordable than straight financing (in terms of monthly payment at least).
agreed. really need that leasing calculator to come out so we can play around with the options before deciding what to do. i prefer to lease, but the price increase is influencing me to consider just buying the GT.

The temptation to upgrade from Touring to Grand Touring is starting to gnaw at me as well. I’ll need to crunch the numbers again. I also wonder how quickly I’d be able to pull in my November 21 reservation for delivery (I’m in So Cal, not too far from the service center)

The temptation to upgrade from Touring to Grand Touring is starting to gnaw at me as well. I’ll need to crunch the numbers again. I also wonder how quickly I’d be able to pull in my November 21 reservation for delivery (I’m in So Cal, not too far from the service center)
My reservation for the Touring was dated 10/8/21, but since I upgraded to AGT, my order confirmation date of 6/9/22 basically puts me at the end of the line for AGT production, as the original reservation date no longer applies. I hope I get it by end of year.

My reservation for the Touring was dated 10/8/21, but since I upgraded to AGT, my order confirmation date of 6/9/22 basically puts me at the end of the line for AGT production, as the original reservation date no longer applies. I hope I get it by end of year.
I expect the same for me. I think that there is a thread somewhere with the original price breakdown for all trims and options. I can’t find it at the moment… anyone have the link? Need to crunch the numbers! Lol!

Pre-increase pricing for T options are:
Glass Canopy $4000
SSP $2900
DDP $9000
21" Wheels $1500
Colors other than White and Black $800

I expect the same for me. I think that there is a thread somewhere with the original price breakdown for all trims and options. I can’t find it at the moment… anyone have the link? Need to crunch the numbers! Lol!
DDP 9000
SSP. 2900
Paint. 800
21 wheels. ?
glass roof 4000

I got all of the above originally, so the upgrade made a lot of sense to me after the price increase.

What is the actual difference to upgrade to GT from Touring before price increase? Wish the Touring got over 500 miles per full charge, as that is the only thing I really like about GT. All the other stuff is nice, but on Touring would get silver cosmos color, SSP and glass roof. Would like DDP for the all around camera, but besides that not much else.

What is the actual difference to upgrade to GT from Touring before price increase? Wish the Touring got over 500 miles per full charge, as that is the only thing I really like about GT. All the other stuff is nice, but on Touring would get silver cosmos color, SSP and glass roof. Would like DDP for the all around camera, but besides that not much else.
It’s about an $18k difference for the features I want. Could be slightly less if you want 21-inch wheels and a color other than white or black.

A bit too much for my purposes.

Someone said it before on this forum ,"buy the biggest range you can afford"

Back