Finally a successful session with EA

Ampere

Verified Owner
Cars
Honda Accord Hybrid
I pulled into the EA charger at the Target on Larrabee St. in Chicago. I believe it has eight chargers. I had to plug in twice, but the second time was an immediate success. I was down to 50 percent and had preconditioned. The charger, rated at 150 kw, looked like one of EAs older models, but it began pumping out about 90 kw. By the end of my session 25 minutes later at 80 percent it was charging at 49 kw. Great place to charge because it's in a covered parking garage.
Seven of the eight chargers were in use. The fellow next to me charging his Chevy (I think the Bolt EUV?) excitedly came over to chat with me and asked me if I like my Lucid. I ecstatically said, "Yes, I love it." He was quite envious.
However, the really funny thing with the exception of his Chevy and my Lucid, every other charger was plugged into a gray Kia EV (Niro? 6?) all identical.

Glad to know that one works well. The one in Glenview only had 1 "working" one (station 1), stations 2 and 3 are godawful... And the one in Aurora is generally pretty good for all 3 stations.

Back