Feedback/improvements for the Air!

I only saw “intervention” and “intervention + warning” but I’ll check again. I’d love to be wrong about this.
Oh maybe I got it backwards. I think there’s another one that allows warning only, maybe for cross traffic?

Totally agree with the improvements list. My top priorities are:

1. Apple CarPlay
2. Apple CarPlay
3. Apple CarPlay
4. Ability to keep music on the lower pilot panel when nav in use
5. Regen breaking delay when adaptive cruise is engaged. There is no smooth way to disengage.
6. Navigation favorites list -- not just home and work. Also prior destinations.
7. Filter for Electrify America charging locations only (or at least list them at the top).
8. Current drive stats as well as "Since last charge" stats. Both should display at same time.

I would add a better FOB. I know that it is a hardware item, but honestly having had the multitude of cars over the past years, most everyone's FOB's or even keys with control buttons seem to be better than the complaints I have read about the Lucid. The best FOB I have ever had is the one from Maserati. Beautiful and very practical, and the battery lasts for a while. Leave it to the Italians to make a work of functioning art out of the key fob. Maserati cars have a lot of quirks, but the FOB is not one of them.

Not sure I see the point I redesigning the fob unless it's to get trunk opening functionality. The only time I have to touch my fob once it's in my pocket is to open the frunk

Not sure I see the point I redesigning the fob unless it's to get trunk opening functionality. The only time I have to touch my fob once it's in my pocket is to open the frunk
I do find it odd that they didn't include the trunk as well as the frunk on the fob. Personally, I'm very glad they did the frunk, as there's no physical button on the frunk, and I use the heck out of my frunk. But even a different gesture on the same button—triple click, double click and hold, etc. would make sense for the trunk. Maybe something they could add in software?

Totally agree with the improvements list. My top priorities are:

1. Apple CarPlay
2. Apple CarPlay
3. Apple CarPlay
4. Ability to keep music on the lower pilot panel when nav in use
5. Regen breaking delay when adaptive cruise is engaged. There is no smooth way to disengage.
6. Navigation favorites list -- not just home and work. Also prior destinations.
7. Filter for Electrify America charging locations only (or at least list them at the top).
8. Current drive stats as well as "Since last charge" stats. Both should display at same time.
I strongly agree with 1, 2, and 3. #4 is also a want. #5 - I don't have a problem with coming off cruise with Regen on high. I just tap the brake gently and immediately move my foot to the accelerator and control the slow down. #6 and #7 agree.

I strongly agree with 1, 2, and 3. #4 is also a want. #5 - I don't have a problem with coming off cruise with Regen on high. I just tap the brake gently and immediately move my foot to the accelerator and control the slow down. #6 and #7 agree.
Wouldn't it be easier to just hit the accelerator slightly then cancel acc on the button?

This works for me!

Attachments

• 0C787C83-FA66-4E96-8409-C82E3AF50702.png
    0C787C83-FA66-4E96-8409-C82E3AF50702.png
    260.4 KB · Views: 121

I don't think they were lying. I think they just got Tesla mixed up with Lucid. The key fob and mobile key work fine to open our Model S Plaid most of the time. But at least once a week, the car will open with the fob or mobile key but will not start until you rub the valet card over the wireless phone charger pad. Sometimes it will do this several times on the same errand-running trip.

It's been going on since we got the car last August, and my hopes that Tesla would have addressed this by now are long gone.

Remember when Apple first realized the I phone without a keyboard and every body said it was so awesome. But you couldn’t sort your contacts… at all. You only got them alphabetically. And cut and paste was a year away.

If someone releases a fully baked product they waited too long to launch.

But some of Lucids omissions are puzzling.

Not to be a hater but Eugene was my DA also and he was terrible. Absolutely terrible. Lied. I got an email from him about how we had a phone call about him telling me my VIN. I had no such call, have never, ever talked to him. I then called my DA because I realized that I had been assigned a VIN! My DA confirmed it. I then emailed Eugene to let him know that we never spoke and he did not respond with any thing. I switched from him in Feb after total radio silence from him for 3 mo (Dec onwards). Literally he refused to respond to any of my emails or phone calls. Honestly I would complain to Lucid about him if I knew where to complain to. I do not like to write negative things and be a "hater" but Eugene SUX. Absolutely worthless. I am not surprised that others have had bad experiences with him. To moderators, I understand this may be flagged as negative but really this individual makes buying a Lucid so much worse than it already is.

I am now subscribing to this thread.

Let’s keep this thread to feedback only and discussions on feedback to other threads (feel free to make one to discuss feedback here).

From this point on, discussion posts will be moved to their own thread.

Thank you hydbob for the comprehensive list. Definitely gives me pause on my ordered AGT. I must have sentry (or guardian) mode, dash camera, and cannot live without dog mode. The rest of hydbob's recommendations should have by this time been integrated into such an otherwise technically and dynamically brilliant vehicle. Gives me pause on my order, which I intentionally delayed for an expected Sept or later delivery. Most of hydbob's recommendations are OTA changes, I believe, so should have little or nothing to do with manufacturing delays. (I have recent, but limited experience with my son's Model 3 in Denver and the mountains for about a thousand miles and found that its features addressed many of hydbob's suggestions. It was easy for a novice to operate and find charging stations. I expected the AGT to be several steps above Model 3, with the exception of the availability of charging points, as EA has basically zero stations in southern NH or VT.) Free charging will not be an accessible option for me.

I know I and others have mentioned this in other places, but given this is the “official” feedback thread I wanted to call out:

Those of us with touring reservations have been told sometimes that the car will not have the massage seats in the AGT as standard. Please, like every other actual luxury manufacturer, at least make this an option in a 100.000 car… it makes me consider going for the EQS or an Audi/Porsche.

Here’s some positive feedback. My SA Jacques and DA Mariam were excellent. Communicative, reachable by text, email, phone, whatever. If they had information for me, I got it. If not, they told me they didn’t know but would look into it and if they got an answer they’d give it to me. The same goes for Markus the NorthEast service associate.

I would like geo-location assistance to locate the vehicle

I would like geo-location assistance to locate the vehicle
Good idea. Tesla’s app has this, and it’s nice.

If Lucid doesn’t have it, I guess I can drop an AirTag in my trunk somewhere.

Back