Feedback/improvements for the Air!

I would like geo-location assistance to locate the vehicle
It's there, on the map tab in the app there is a location icon and a car location icon if you happen to be in different spots

Here’s some positive feedback. My SA Jacques and DA Mariam were excellent. Communicative, reachable by text, email, phone, whatever. If they had information for me, I got it. If not, they told me they didn’t know but would look into it and if they got an answer they’d give it to me. The same goes for Markus the NorthEast service associate.
Same for me, both SA (Ed) and DA (Felipe) were excellent.

Same for me, both SA (Ed) and DA (Felipe) were excellent.
Felipe is my DA, too. Really excellent. Literally every time I’ve called him he’s answered the phone. I’ve never had to wait for a callback. And he’s always been straightforward and easy to talk to.

Plus the bidirectional power flow.
I would love to see a milestone schedule from Lucid. After all, a lot of these were stated as being available years back when most of us placed the order.
That was one reason I am buying it.

Feedback is great, but a consolidated list of improvements would be an easy place for Lucid to look for feedback.

• CarPlay
  • Android Auto
  • Charge scheduling
  • Dashcam ability
  • Sentry mode
  • Camera while driving ability
  • Nav + music screen active at the same time, or just mutli-use
  • Better route planning
  • Ability to filter for EA charging stations
  • V2G, V2V, V2H charging capabilities
  • Mix & match steering, suspension, and throttle
  • Homelink auto-trigger
    • Add bottom navigation and a side panel with Homelink buttons to the pilot panel Park/Camera screen
  • Hardwire USB data capabilities
  • Improved cabin temp hold (aka dog mode)
  • Satellite radio, either integrated or as an application
  • Max cabin temperature (like Tesla Cabin overheat protection where if the cabin gets above 105f, it controls it regardless as long as you have enough battery. Tesla created this due to component failures, but it’s honestly a wonderful feature)
  • Make the freaking cars in the UI match my car color. The car in the UI is a silver DE, which isn’t even possible
  • Navigation
    • Remember settings and history
    • Google earth map overlay
    • Slow to find destinations
    • Short interruptions in cell signal confuse or lock up system
    • No volume control or voice prompt customization (on/off)
    • Is a reminder every time that I would rather be using an app on my phone
    • Improved offline nav
  • More visualizations in Gauge Cluster
  • Turn on anti-aliasing. Lines are jagged on the speedometer
  • Faster car startup
  • Let the music page remain in place in the lower screen once it’s dragged there
  • Auto high for headlights/adaptive lighting
  • Seats
    • Comfort access/easy in out
    • Passenger Seat Memory
    • Heat/cool seats + steering wheel from app
  • Regen settings and drive mode linked to profile
  • Make Lock/Unlock more consistent with both Mobile Key and Key Fob
    • Customization of Unlock/Lock
    • Proximity lock - on/off
    • Unlock - Driver door/all doors
    • A way to turn off the car (Press park a second time)
    • Comfort access (seat moves back for exit) This helps many drivers with exit and helps if drivers of significant height differences share the car.
  • Faster Loading for profile changes
  • Improved wireless charging dock
  • Auto Wipers setting with variable speed
  • Use a combination of key proximity and rear camera/sensors to open the trunk Ala foot trunk/tailgate opening
  • Allow "work" address to be removed or changed to a different title i.e. son's house
  • Trunk opening with foot motion (boot kick)
  • Apple Car key
  • Park system/Camera
    • The cameras have a lag. The lag from reality to the screen inside the car is enough to be nauseating.
    • The graphics overlays cover the portions of the image you most need to see. The car is not represented on the screen accurately to where it is in the outside world. The audio alerts are annoying vs informative and often go to full tone when you are in fact not that close to anything.
    • The Park distance camera screen UI doesn’t even match up well with the rest of the UI in the car. Lower navigation panel is not there. The Autopark and Surround view links as well as the “x” and “mute” can be easily lost in the image.
  • charge points need to adjust / adapt based on current consumption rate and not just when the route is first planned. (https://lucidowners.com/threads/enhancement-request-gps-must-be-dynamic-regarding-range.1065/)
  • left hand display in addition to the current mileage/average mile/kWh must have a 5 mins running average mile/kWh (https://lucidowners.com/threads/enhancement-request-energy-usage-needs-a-5-min-average.1066/)
  • Valet Mode/Young driver mode to limit acceleration/top speed
  • Drive-in Movie Mode - Keep the climate on but have interior lights and exterior lights off when doors open
  • Ability to turn off running lights
  • Delay on regen braking when disengaging cruise control
  • Auto-precondition when destination is set as a charging station
I hope you have shared these with Lucid…

Maybe I just get a skewed view from online sources but from posts it seems like Teslas seem to take a lot of jealousy infused vandalism. But I definitely am only aware of it from social media posts and not first hand knowledge. If it is true, I assume lucid might attract the same unwanted attention when parked in public.
Haters are everywhere. I already posted where my Infiniti Q45 was keyed where someone walked all around the car with the key. The lines could,not be removed by buffing.

This works for me!
That is great to know so SIRI works off the iPhone App but Car does not have Airplay. Got it.

Seems like just about everything on the list comes from what Tesla has already done.

Why not use face recognition, or some unique hand sign on the pillar camera to unlock car if you don’t have your phone/fob? Why not auto start and prep vehicle settings when it “senses” you moving towards it after 90 minutes at a restaurant?
Why not tell you why it’s suggesting navigation that doesn’t make sense? “There’s an accident/construction on i95, taking exit 5 will save you 7 minutes”
Instead of saying “Alexa…” why not just look at the screen and say your command? “Skip song”.

Be leaders, be imaginative. Don’t just do what Tesla has already done.
That guy Peter, does he really look like he has any imagination…lol

The mobile key has been working great for me since 1.2.1.
I would think the Mobile key would be the default for most people. Everyone has a cellphone.

Questions
  • With a spare lucid wheel and tire onboard can any technician change a flat, and Is the TPMS negatively affected?
  • Is it okay to have PPF added by a shop familiar with the Air and it’s sensors?
  • Does having a radar detector system installed affect the warranty?
  • Is a tire repair kit included and does it wreck the TPMS?
  • Are the bomber jackets in the studios yet?
  • Are there plans for a Tesla charger adapter?
Thanks!

Why is everyone talking about flat tires? Is that a thing. Knock on wood but I have not had a flat in 10 years. Is this car jinxed or what 😂? I guess these are vagaries of high end cars that I am not used to. Those tires with bulges, you guys must be saints to be this patient.

Why is everyone talking about flat tires? Is that a thing. Knock on wood but I have not had a flat in 10 years. Is this car jinxed or what 😂? I guess these are vagaries of high end cars that I am not used to. Those tires with bulges, you guys must be saints to be this patient.
These are unusual tires and many or most shops may carry them. Several owners have had tires replaced. Ill buy the EZ spare to always keep in the frunk and a full spare in the garage. Ill put the the full spare in the trunk for long weekend long trips. If you get a flat tire or more common sidewall buldge and especially on holidays you may be on a flatbed 300 miles home or wait for fedex shipping from Lucid two days destroying the entire mini vacation.

These are unusual tires and many or most shops may carry them. Several owners have had tires replaced. Ill buy the EZ spare to always keep in the frunk and a full spare in the garage. Ill put the the full spare in the trunk for long weekend long trips. If you get a flat tire or more common sidewall buldge and especially on holidays you may be on a flatbed 300 miles home or wait for fedex shipping from Lucid two days destroying the entire mini vacation.
Thanks for that explanation. So does that mean they do not even give the EZ Spare with the car and it’s Extra? How much is the full spare?

Questions
  • With a spare lucid wheel and tire onboard can any technician change a flat, and Is the TPMS negatively affected?
  • Is it okay to have PPF added by a shop familiar with the Air and it’s sensors?
  • Does having a radar detector system installed affect the warranty?
  • Is a tire repair kit included and does it wreck the TPMS?
  • Are the bomber jackets in the studios yet?
  • Are there plans for a Tesla charger adapter?
Thanks!
Someone brought this to attention in one of the other threads (checklist for delivery or something I believe). I personally purchased the 80amp one as well.

Thanks for that explanation. So does that mean they do not even give the EZ Spare with the car and it’s Extra? How much is the full spare?
There is no spare, as with most new cars. EZ Spare is a separate company you can purchase a compact spare from. You can buy a tire repair kit that injects sealant into the tire from Lucid directly (and they may be providing them now with new cars, I’m not sure)

Search function in the top corner can often answer a lot of questions. There is a whole thread about the spare tire, but here's my thread about things to buy, with a link to the ez spare tire:

Cost is somewhere in this forum. Dont remeber exactly but hydbob bought EZ ~$400 and perhaps $100 for jack and wrench. Full spare is $1000-$1700 also somewhere in this forum. I think sealant repair kit is $100-200. Ill buy all of this.

There is no spare, as with most new cars. EZ Spare is a separate company you can purchase a compact spare from. You can buy a tire repair kit that injects sealant into the tire from Lucid directly (and they may be providing them now with new cars, I’m not sure)
Has anybody looked into what type of jack is needed to lift a 5000+ lbs car to change a tire. The typical car jack that I am familar with is limited to about 3000 lbs.

Has anybody looked into what type of jack is needed to lift a 5000+ lbs car to change a tire. The typical car jack that I am familar with is limited to about 3000 lbs.
The one coming with EZ tire for extra $ is i think 2.5 ton or 2 ton. Hydbob bought one and has photos somewhere on the forum. Its also on amazon. I found a little large one also on amazon. 2.5 ton is ok, but think for stability replacing the tire a dark evening in the rain more robust is better. IMAYCC Scissor Jack for Car/SUV/MPV -Thickened Max 3.0 Ton (6614 lbs) Car Jacks with Hand Crank Trolley Lifter , Portable Emergency Car Jack Kit with Wheel Wrench. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08TBWMZZW/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_A2584SDCW4JVB139N1XR

To answer my own qurstion, I was able to find a 6000 lbs hydraulic jack that only weighs 29 lbs. It is the Powerbuilt 620471 Unijack - 6000 lb. Capacity, and costs just $121 on Amazon.

The one coming with EZ tire for extra $ is i think 2.5 ton or 2 ton. Hydbob bought one and has photos somewhere on the forum. Its also on amazon. I found a little large one also on amazon. 2.5 ton is ok, but think for stability replacing the tire a dark evening in the rain more robust is better. IMAYCC Scissor Jack for Car/SUV/MPV -Thickened Max 3.0 Ton (6614 lbs) Car Jacks with Hand Crank Trolley Lifter , Portable Emergency Car Jack Kit with Wheel Wrench. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08TBWMZZW/ref=cm_sw_r_awdo_A2584SDCW4JVB139N1XR
Great info, thanks

Back