Feedback after 1st month

MFchicago

Cars
Lucid Grand Touring
I have been driving my Grand Touring for approximately one month. The following is feedback an suggestions which I will also send to Customer Care

Customer service from the time order was placed until vehicle arrived at delivery center- the sales personnel at the Oak Brook center showroom are very knowledgeable and helpful. However, once a purchase is made, the customer service is horrific. It takes numerous requests and/or days to receive responses to communications. Despite requesting responses and communications by email, I continued to receive phone calls not answering questions and requesting I call back. When I did receive email responses, they were regularly evasive in answering straight forward questions such as delivery times. There does not seem to be any accountability, and there seems to be a high turnover of staff. I requested contact information for supervisors and regional manager numerous time, each time ignored.

Delivery of vehicle- I was encouraged to take delivery at the Goose Island facility. This would require getting a ride or I was offered to have an uber sent. Fortunately I was able to have the vehicle delivered to my home. The process was smooth. However, I later learned that I was not given copies of the necessary documents to file for an IL Tax rebate. Nor was I informed how the program works. It took me numerous requests and days to the delivery team to obtain proper documents.

Service center staff- I had some problems with my charging, which appears to be related to my circuit breakers. However the same breakers worked fine for my Tesla S for 5 years. At any rate, the service center staff was very responsive in both coming to my home to assess the problem and in bringing the vehicle back to me after it was serviced/assessed. It appears that the service center is short staffed and they are tight for space, as they not only service vehicles for the Chicago region; but also they take delivery for same. There were lots of vehicles arriving. Interestingly, I saw every color except Silver. One of the staff informed me they have yet to see a Silver vehicle.

Customer Service- for the most part, when you call Customer Service the response time is very good and the staff are helpful and polite. They seem to understand that when you purchase a vehicle for 150,000 you expect it to work well and for the customer service experience to be high level. However, on multiple occasions the follow through was not good. I was told I would receive call backs and I did not. Emailing customer service is not as reliable. Response times varied and at times no response was received. Not all items were followed through. By the way, the customer service email listed in the manual (both e version you access on the panel, and in the booklet) have the wrong contact email. The correct one is [email protected]

Vehicle- the finishes, speed, handling are all spectacular and as advertised. All better than Tesla. The battery range also excels over Tesla. However, I do not believe it will achieve over 400 miles in most conditions. The following are items that need improvement in my opinion:
1. Start up time- the vehicle takes approximately 30 seconds to warm up after you enter it before the displays function and you can drive the vehicle. When you use the phone app (if you remember to do so), you can prep the care but it still takes about 15 seconds before it is ready to drive.
2. Home Link- when leaving a garage, the rear camera display prevents access to the Home Link. You have to manually exit the rear camera then manually press the home link then again manually press the garage link. In Tesla and other vehicles much cheaper, all of these functions are automated.
3. Center cockpit screen- there is unusable/wasted screen space to the left and right of center where the cameras pop up when engaging the turn single. It would be preferable if when the cameras are not in use, these spaces could have various app functions such as music, nav, phone etc. Additionally, there is no ability to change the functionality of "trip info".
4. The Right Cockpit Screen and the lower Pilot screen must have the same applications as each other , in other words only navigation or only music. They should be able to operate independently . This is a huge flaw in my opinion and results in the user having to go back and forth between screens way too often.
5. Software has been slow and flakey and does not function at times until vehicle is stopped and restarted- including adaptive cruise, song advance and rewind, voice, window lock, spotify loading
6. AC- the efficiency is very poor. On hot days in the 80s, requires setting the fan on 10 and temperature all the way down. Cooling seats barely noticeable. I do not have a black interior.
7. Center console heats up very fast , this gives off heat which exacerbates the cooling. It does not seem to have adequate fan/cooling
8. Autonomous driving- it is NOT available yet nor do we know when it will be. I used this extensively with Tesla and this is the biggest feature I think Lucid lacks over Tesla.
9. The front fender has a very low clearance maybe 6 inches or less. There is no ability to raise the vehicle. I am very concerned that this will be a big problem in winter time. I think its the biggest design flaw.
10 Mats- most mats available are very light colors. There is a light gray and a dark gray but no black. Also will be a problem in winter and muddy weather

Wow factor- I regularly have people come up to me when I'm parked stating that the car is beautiful, and wanting to know more about it.

Bottom Line- customer service needs significant improvement. Software needs improvement. HVAC and vehicle clearance are significant concerns. Drive and handling excel.

Sorry you've had the issue with service. It seems to be regional because I've never had a problem out here in California.

Regarding your software complaints - from what has been reported, the big 2.0 update that's coming in the next few weeks (supposedly) is supposed to fix all the slowness and software glitchiness, so hang in there.

Regarding 'autonomous' driving - no car is autonomous, even Tesla. Lucid's highway assist is supposed to be out by the end of the year, which combines ACC with lane centering. Definitely no promises by Lucid ever of autonomous driving anytime soon.

I got the Motor Trend mats and am ready for Chicago winter on the inside of the car
I have to contact Customer Care about getting winter wheels and tires
Regarding the IL rebate, my delivery was probably a couple of weeks after you
The only person I spoke with who was at all familiar with the rebate was Edward at the Goose Island facility and he provided the form to me at delivery
These folks are not going to be able to walk customers through a Regulatory process
It was pretty easy to assemble the documentation to apply for the rebate, now I just have to see if the State has any issues with what I submitted

All of the software issues that you describe have been discussed at length and lucid is addressing all of them. A lot of people have also taken the position of “if I’m paying 150k, I expect instant perfection”. The truth is, the car cost $139,000 and people receiving it this year will get a $7,500 tax credit. The people paying $154,000 without the tax credit will receive their cars without the majority of these issues.

I knew exactly what I was buying and was happy to be patient with the software, knowing that I was receiving an early adopter discount and that the car would get better over time. In my opinion, only the Dream Edition buyers made a purchase without the benefit of understanding the software experience. Nobody else should be surprised about the software challenges and those who are should have done better research or waited if a more complete software experience on day one was the goal.

Sorry that your customer service experience has been sub par. There is no excuse for that.

I have been driving my Grand Touring for approximately one month. The following is feedback an suggestions which I will also send to Customer Care

Customer service from the time order was placed until vehicle arrived at delivery center- the sales personnel at the Oak Brook center showroom are very knowledgeable and helpful. However, once a purchase is made, the customer service is horrific. It takes numerous requests and/or days to receive responses to communications. Despite requesting responses and communications by email, I continued to receive phone calls not answering questions and requesting I call back. When I did receive email responses, they were regularly evasive in answering straight forward questions such as delivery times. There does not seem to be any accountability, and there seems to be a high turnover of staff. I requested contact information for supervisors and regional manager numerous time, each time ignored.

Delivery of vehicle- I was encouraged to take delivery at the Goose Island facility. This would require getting a ride or I was offered to have an uber sent. Fortunately I was able to have the vehicle delivered to my home. The process was smooth. However, I later learned that I was not given copies of the necessary documents to file for an IL Tax rebate. Nor was I informed how the program works. It took me numerous requests and days to the delivery team to obtain proper documents.

Service center staff- I had some problems with my charging, which appears to be related to my circuit breakers. However the same breakers worked fine for my Tesla S for 5 years. At any rate, the service center staff was very responsive in both coming to my home to assess the problem and in bringing the vehicle back to me after it was serviced/assessed. It appears that the service center is short staffed and they are tight for space, as they not only service vehicles for the Chicago region; but also they take delivery for same. There were lots of vehicles arriving. Interestingly, I saw every color except Silver. One of the staff informed me they have yet to see a Silver vehicle.

Customer Service- for the most part, when you call Customer Service the response time is very good and the staff are helpful and polite. They seem to understand that when you purchase a vehicle for 150,000 you expect it to work well and for the customer service experience to be high level. However, on multiple occasions the follow through was not good. I was told I would receive call backs and I did not. Emailing customer service is not as reliable. Response times varied and at times no response was received. Not all items were followed through. By the way, the customer service email listed in the manual (both e version you access on the panel, and in the booklet) have the wrong contact email. The correct one is [email protected]

Vehicle- the finishes, speed, handling are all spectacular and as advertised. All better than Tesla. The battery range also excels over Tesla. However, I do not believe it will achieve over 400 miles in most conditions. The following are items that need improvement in my opinion:
1. Start up time- the vehicle takes approximately 30 seconds to warm up after you enter it before the displays function and you can drive the vehicle. When you use the phone app (if you remember to do so), you can prep the care but it still takes about 15 seconds before it is ready to drive.
2. Home Link- when leaving a garage, the rear camera display prevents access to the Home Link. You have to manually exit the rear camera then manually press the home link then again manually press the garage link. In Tesla and other vehicles much cheaper, all of these functions are automated.
3. Center cockpit screen- there is unusable/wasted screen space to the left and right of center where the cameras pop up when engaging the turn single. It would be preferable if when the cameras are not in use, these spaces could have various app functions such as music, nav, phone etc. Additionally, there is no ability to change the functionality of "trip info".
4. The Right Cockpit Screen and the lower Pilot screen must have the same applications as each other , in other words only navigation or only music. They should be able to operate independently . This is a huge flaw in my opinion and results in the user having to go back and forth between screens way too often.
5. Software has been slow and flakey and does not function at times until vehicle is stopped and restarted- including adaptive cruise, song advance and rewind, voice, window lock, spotify loading
6. AC- the efficiency is very poor. On hot days in the 80s, requires setting the fan on 10 and temperature all the way down. Cooling seats barely noticeable. I do not have a black interior.
7. Center console heats up very fast , this gives off heat which exacerbates the cooling. It does not seem to have adequate fan/cooling
8. Autonomous driving- it is NOT available yet nor do we know when it will be. I used this extensively with Tesla and this is the biggest feature I think Lucid lacks over Tesla.
9. The front fender has a very low clearance maybe 6 inches or less. There is no ability to raise the vehicle. I am very concerned that this will be a big problem in winter time. I think its the biggest design flaw.
10 Mats- most mats available are very light colors. There is a light gray and a dark gray but no black. Also will be a problem in winter and muddy weather

Wow factor- I regularly have people come up to me when I'm parked stating that the car is beautiful, and wanting to know more about it.

Bottom Line- customer service needs significant improvement. Software needs improvement. HVAC and vehicle clearance are significant concerns. Drive and handling excel.
Excellent synopsis ...curious, did they deliver to the city or suburbs?

What a thorough review! It sounds like most items needing improvement are ones that will be addressed with OTA updates, so that’s good news you won’t be stuck with them for the life of the car.

Hopefully Lucid will read about the CS issues in your area and make some needed adjustments, because CA has been doing a great job.

I don’t drive in snow, so not sure what the limitations are. Maybe a DE owner in snowy areas can shed some light? I must say that the low profile is what makes it aesthetically appealing to me. I was worried I’d scrape my driveway when pulling in, but it actually clears it.

I’ll be driving in the snow, I think the lower trim could have issues but it’s also flexible, same clearance as my Mercedes with the AMG aero front had and that went through 3 winters without damage except for rock chips cuz I didn’t PPF that car.

As far as service goes, the method I’ve had the most success with is text. Obviously this depends on how busy they are when you text them but I’ve never gone longer than 15 minutes without a response, and a few hours without them coming up with a plan. Once the request is put in a work order is created for the local service center, and then depending on the urgency/severity of the issue and availability of parts, they schedule a service visit. For example, when I was in Boston yesterday and the TeslaTap charger broke inside my charging port (I was conveniently a couple blocks from the Lucid studio when it happened) so I popped into the Lucid studio and even though they weren’t service people, they were super helpful, and one of the SA there looked me up right away and showed me my pending work order for some trim issues I need fixed but they’re waiting on parts. Because this issue was more serious, they put in a service request, service called me within 30
Minutes and was well aware of everything I had described to the sales associate, including pictures the SA took. They arranged a mobile visit to my house for tomorrow which I ended up not needing because I was able to extract the broken part myself when I got home. So when you make a service request, they’re not just like “yeah whatever we’ll get to it whenever we get to it”, the have a work order that’s prioritized. It does sound however that some regions have worse service communication than others, so I do hope they improve that for you.

Customer Service has been my #1 complaint so far. Many of the vehicle issues are in the process of being addressed and likely will be addressed. But customer service…

Back