[RESOLVED] Faraday Pouch Expectations

mraschko

Verified Owner
Cars
Air Touring; Audi Q7
After reading some of the threads here, I decided to buy a faraday pouch for my key fobs. Specifically, I got TICONN two pack off of Amazon. It came yesterday and I immediately popped my fob into one, left my phone in the house, and walked out into the garage. The car promptly woke up. I expected it to block the signal. Are my expectations out of whack? Should I send the TICONN back and try another brand?

Make sure you have it in the right pocket. There are two. The front one is not a Faraday pouch. Took me a while to figure that out. The back one (tan colored in mine) is. if you look in the photo on the Amazon site, you will see that the key is halfway inside the back tan pocket. If I have the key in the back pocket, I can be right up to the car and it will not unlock, but will if I have it in the front one.

711gEeD53YL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Make sure you have it in the right pocket. There are two. The front one is not a Faraday pouch. Took me a while to figure that out. The back one (tan colored in mine) is. if you look in the photo on the Amazon site, you will see that the key is halfway inside the back tan pocket. If I have the key in the back pocket, I can be right up to the car and it will not unlock, but will if I have it in the front one.
That was it. I didn't even notice the second pouch. Thank you!

Back