EzPass mounting g

Isn't that just held on my tape and velcro?

There are two forms of EzPass interior and exterior. The interior one cannot be mounted on the interior of the vehicles windshield as it has a integrally imbibed UV coating. The exterior is the only option but usable real estate is limited because of cameras and radar. That’s why I asked if someone has found an affective area.

The Mercedes EQS has an optional EZPass function built into the car (cost $250 if I remember correctly). I suppose Lucid would have mentioned that on some features list if the Air had such a thing.

Re EQS EZPass: The EQS online configurator lists the "Integrated toll payment system" as an option (apparently via https://www.itmsignup.com/) but the dealer I was (at the time) working with said this was not actually available as a configurable option (but that it might be later in 2022).

Supply chain, chips, yada yada yada

Meaning it can later be gotten with a software update?

I assumed that the issue was a hardware supply issue, so a software update wouldn't be sufficient, but I don't really know; all I know is the option wasn't configurable by the dealer.

There are two forms of EzPass interior and exterior. The interior one cannot be mounted on the interior of the vehicles windshield as it has a integrally imbibed UV coating. The exterior is the only option but usable real estate is limited because of cameras and radar. That’s why I asked if someone has found an affective area.
If this is the case, it brings up an interesting question. I have monthly car wash passes (small interior windshield stickers) that are read by the car wash scanner. The only car I’ve had where this was impossible, was the Jaguar I-Pace.

The reason was a heated windshield (I will never get that again for a variety of reasons) where the heating elements interfered with the scanner. The only solution was for the owner to give me, reluctantly, the sticker to mount on a small piece of clear plastic that I held outside the window. Not convenient.

So would this UV coating create the same issues for any scanned windshield mounted sticker?

My Etron has an integrated toll system. It works flawlessly (once you use the antiquated website to sign up). I wish my Air had it, but I ordered an EZ-Pass instead. I rarely use it, but I certainly don't love waiting in long cash lines the 10-15 times/year I need to take a toll road. So it's worth it, I think.

My Etron has an integrated toll system. It works flawlessly (once you use the antiquated website to sign up). I wish my Air had it, but I ordered an EZ-Pass instead. I rarely use it, but I certainly don't love waiting in long cash lines the 10-15 times/year I need to take a toll road. So it's worth it, I think.

I think our system out here can use license plates. I hope so since I may be stuck with waving my hand out the window. I think the blank area is too far to the right.

Back