Supporting Member
Cars
Dream P
DE Number
Referral Code
R0YBCKIJ
Screenshot_20221023-214326_Drive.jpg

Where are Dream Drive Pro controls? 🤔

Well, since right now it's just highway assist its there!

Is adaptive cruise control smart enough to change the speed limit setting based on speed limit posted +/- what we specify. For example, can we say that we prefer +5mph over the speed limit and just steer the car with a foot on the brake pedal just in case?

Is adaptive cruise control smart enough to change the speed limit setting based on speed limit posted +/- what we specify. For example, can we say that we prefer +5mph over the speed limit and just steer the car with a foot on the brake pedal just in case?
Not yet, but when it detects a new speed limit it prompts you if you want to change the cruise speed.

Not yet, but when it detects a new speed limit it prompts you if you want to change the cruise speed.
I like that even better than changing without me knowing.

I found the new speed limit prompt annoying so I turned it off

Quick question: Is there a NON-adaptive cruise control? The old-fashioned variety where you simply set the speed and the car maintains that until you decide otherwise?

Quick question: Is there a NON-adaptive cruise control? The old-fashioned variety where you simply set the speed and the car maintains that until you decide otherwise?
I don't think so....

Why would you want that? The C8 Corvettes have it and I find it very annoying that I have to manually turn it on and off or adjust the speed in traffic.

Why would you want that? The C8 Corvettes have it and I find it very annoying that I have to manually turn it on and off or adjust the speed in traffic.
Honestly, after years of struggling with my Tesla’s phantom braking, I would have been happy to have had the option of a “dumb” cruise control that just maintained a set speed. At least then I could give my right foot a rest without worrying about anything on long road trips.

Honestly, after years of struggling with my Tesla’s phantom braking, I would have been happy to have had the option of a “dumb” cruise control that just maintained a set speed. At least then I could give my right foot a rest without worrying about anything on long road trips.
Ah, I get it, sorry. I have had the ACC in the Lucid slow down, not brake hard, when it shouldn't because a car moved out of my lane but was still in the ACC's view.

Does Lucid's highway assist switch lanes or does it just keep you in the lane you are in?
No, it does not switch lanes, yet. The EQS does.

But how you make it switch? You signal to let it happen or you tilt steering wheel?
In the current software version, you manually turn the steering wheel any fight the Highway Assit which will recover once you are in the new lane.

In the current software version, you manually turn the steering wheel any fight the Highway Assit which will recover once you are in the new lane.
Interesting.
I like Highway Assist alot in low traffic condition. In highway construction area, I totally don’t trust yet. I think I trust Auto-Park more than Highway Assist at this point.

ACC with radar is rock solid and reliable on my 2005 Sienna XLE Limited. With so many cameras and sensors, I hope ACC works very reliably in Lucid because I find that it really takes the pressure away.

Interesting.
I like Highway Assist alot in low traffic condition. In highway construction area, I totally don’t trust yet. I think I trust Auto-Park more than Highway Assist at this point.
Can you post some videos of Auto-Park in action. Does it park your car in the garage from the driveway and pull it out?

Can you post some videos of Auto-Park in action. Does it park your car in the garage from the driveway and pull it out?
I never used it in home garage. I used it in shopping center parking lots. It parks backwards perpendicularly, so easy to get out later.

Back