Electric Ferrari coming in 2026

DeaneG

Verified Owner
Reaction score
Cars
Air GT, XC40 P8 EV
Referral Code
3OKY7YGA
A story in NYT about Ferrari's new factory for its first fully-electric car. Perhaps as Lucid also chose, Ferrari's CEO mentioned “The electric engine will not be silent... There are ways to make sure that the emotion comes through from driving an electric Ferrari that is the same as when you drive a hybrid or when you drive a thermal Ferrari.”

1720367008962.png

Gross... especially that front end!

(But really, I'm shocked nobody has explored this yet. EV motors can sound great and have emotion to them, but this noise has mostly been stifled by manufacturers. It is easily possible to create a beautiful sound that is NOT fake, and I hope Ferrari does that here. Lucid's whine is already pretty good, so if Ferrari can make it even more prominent, that would be amazing!)

Sad days. I don’t know how Ferrari and other exotics will differentiate themselves from other powerful EVs. The flat plane crank v8 and v12 noise was so signature of Ferrari. I hope the answer is not just active sound😢

Sad days. I don’t know how Ferrari and other exotics will differentiate themselves from other powerful EVs. The flat plane crank v8 and v12 noise was so signature of Ferrari. I hope the answer is not just active sound😢
One differentiation will be axial flux motors as opposed to radial flux that every other volume EV maker uses, but axial more difficult to manufacture, expensive.

One differentiation will be axial flux motors as opposed to radial flux that every other volume EV maker uses, but axial more difficult to manufacture, expensive.
Another, IMO more important, is handling. Yes...all electric cars will be pretty similar going 0-60. But how do they go around the bends? How do they handle traffic humps? Etc.

Back