Earning Call 1.2

Parachute Adams

So the last thread was canceled for unknown reasons, but the subject matter—the substance of the earnings call—remains vitally important to people who own the car (will LCID be around to support it?) and to prospective buyers for the same, and other obvious reasons

One company talking point that grabbed me was the CFO stressing that the company has cash ($4.6 ?..I forget) to “take us well into 2023…”. The obvious question no one asked (or weren’t allowed) is “What happens after that?

There was reference to the “upto X-many units…” deal with the Saudis…but what’s behind that? SA has 10% the population of the USA and staggering inequality…LCID isn’t making commercial vehicles to deliver Saudi mail or FedEx…will the Saudis set up a trading company that buys domestically made Airs and resells them in Asia and Europe?

No matter how I look at it, the Saudis seem in control…third party funding (which needs to close “not-so-well into 2023”) looks remote at best (trivial A/R, specialty inventory, soft order book, etc No real borrowing base for a loan, and a horrible equity market to boot}

Flip Side: notwithstanding the above…and I’m sure much more I haven’t thought of…the company has a value of $30B tonight

Im not long or short, and hope to get a car before the tax credits go away…and hope with all the “quirks“ one reads about here, the company is around to service my car….right now, not at all sure, and happy I’m not being asked to pull the trigger

I hope this provokes thoughtful and honest discussion which is the hallmark of this site IMO. Disagreement, criticism of the company, etc should be fair game. Ridicule and insult toward anyone…no way

So the last thread was canceled for unknown reasons, but the subject matter—the substance of the earnings call—remains vitally important to people who own the car (will LCID be around to support it?) and to prospective buyers for the same, and other obvious reasons

One company talking point that grabbed me was the CFO stressing that the company has cash ($4.6 ?..I forget) to “take us well into 2023…”. The obvious question no one asked (or weren’t allowed) is “What happens after that?

There was reference to the “upto X-many units…” deal with the Saudis…but what’s behind that? SA has 10% the population of the USA and staggering inequality…LCID isn’t making commercial vehicles to deliver Saudi mail or FedEx…will the Saudis set up a trading company that buys domestically made Airs and resells them in Asia and Europe?

No matter how I look at it, the Saudis seem in control…third party funding (which needs to close “not-so-well into 2023”) looks remote at best (trivial A/R, specialty inventory, soft order book, etc No real borrowing base for a loan, and a horrible equity market to boot}

Flip Side: notwithstanding the above…and I’m sure much more I haven’t thought of…the company has a value of $30B tonight

Im not long or short, and hope to get a car before the tax credits go away…and hope with all the “quirks“ one reads about here, the company is around to service my car….right now, not at all sure, and happy I’m not being asked to pull the trigger

I hope this provokes thoughtful and honest discussion which is the hallmark of this site IMO. Disagreement, criticism of the company, etc should be fair game. Ridicule and insult toward anyone…no way
Last thread got locked because it turned towards ridicule and insult.

Same rules apply here:

1) stay civil!!
2) we all know politics get everyone heated, so stay away from it during your discussions

Last thread got locked because it turned towards ridicule and insult.

Same rules apply here:

1) stay civil!!
2) we all know politics get everyone heated, so stay away from it during your discussions
I’m not the Commissar…but outlaw “Politics”? As in the new bill that would eliminate the 7500 credit for every Lucid? You’ve lost me….

I’m not the Commissar…but outlaw “Politics”? As in the new bill that would eliminate the 7500 credit for every Lucid? You’ve lost me….
Talking about it substantively is fine. I think the point is to avoid insults and vitriol.

I have to say, i read the last thread with a bit of amusement because for a moment, i forgot i was reading a lucid forum and thought i was reading the blogs of my college football team after a blowout loss.

Aside from the thread getting a little out of hand, i think it served it's proper functions.

1.) Venting
2.) Good ol Monday morning quarterbacking
3.) Watercooler talk to bring us all back together.

All will be forgiven once if we win the rivalry game. (e.g. you get your car)

So enjoy the ride and have a little fun with it :)

This forums is at the same time educating and entertaining. Love the community in the early stages.

Back