EA Rant!

Tesla2.0

Verified Owner
Cars
Lucid Air Grand Touring
Referral Code
F0ZQ8SWA
I’m not driving my AGT, but rather my F-250 today to move boxes for my daughter. I happened to stop by Madisonville Texas Buc-ee super gas station to pee and saw what look like massive wall of 30 Tesla supercharger stalls in the back of station.

C’mon, EA! You can do more in Texas!

I’m not driving my AGT, but rather my F-250 today to move boxes for my daughter. I happened to stop by Madisonville Texas Buc-ee super gas station to pee and saw what look like massive wall of 30 Tesla supercharger stalls in the back of station.

C’mon, EA! You can do more in Texas!
EA needs to do better everywhere. 4 to 8 stalls per location isn't going to cut it! Most locations in CA on the interstate have 6 chargers where they should have 20 minimum. Put 6 stations in the burbs and larger counts on the freeways.

There are Tesla to J1772 adapters (on Amazon of course), and Elon did say he was going to open up his charging network later this year, and I didn't hear him say any EV except for Lucid Airs. The techcrunch.com article said that the Tesla app would need to be installed on your cell phone in order to use Tesla's charging stations. Hmmm... I wonder what he meant by later this year?

There are Tesla to J1772 adapters (on Amazon of course), and Elon did say he was going to open up his charging network later this year, and I didn't hear him say any EV except for Lucid Airs. The techcrunch.com article said that the Tesla app would need to be installed on your cell phone in order to use Tesla's charging stations. Hmmm... I wonder what he meant by later this year?
I ordered that converter last night for future long distance travel. It only support up to 50 amp. So L2 charger at hotel ok, just not Tesla Supercharging stalls.

Big sign at you pul into Supercharger locations "Most Welcome, NO LUCIDS!!" 😂

Coming back to Houston stopped by this same Buc’ee station again. This time I remember to take a picture.
17FAB5E0-6822-45A3-9BC1-E9FD369696FD.jpeg

Wednesday + scattered rain is slow here today at this station. Last time I was here on Monday noon, 64 petro stalls were packed and Tesla electric stalls too mostly filled too. EV is becoming mainstream in Texas.

My charge level is set to a little over 80%. The last couple of times I was at EA charging it went to about 53% then the station said charging done unplug. Am I doing something wrong or is it just another of EA's problems?
Scott

My charge level is set to a little over 80%. The last couple of times I was at EA charging it went to about 53% then the station said charging done unplug. Am I doing something wrong or is it just another of EA's problems?
Scott
Definitely not normal. I’d report either to EA or to Lucid (if problem persists at multiple different EA stations).

EA is a disaster......

Kyle is going to install his own 360Kw charger out of frustration

I wouldn’t hold out on being able to access superchargers consistently in the near future. They have a new v4 charger that will accommodate both the Tesla and CCS ports but they won’t start manufacturing until late this year…so may start being deployed Q2 2023 (due to construction and permitting) for new locations under the infrastructure bill.

My assumption is that new locations from 2023 will be dual connector and existing locations may be converted over to dual purpose as charger replacement cycle comes around. I also assume they will open up on a case-by-case basis similar to Europe…ie starting with the locations that don’t already see heavy use.

Yeah did EA do some software update or something recently? Their reliability seems to have gone from so-so to almost total epic failure in the last month.

Yeah did EA do some software update or something recently? Their reliability seems to have gone from so-so to almost total epic failure in the last month.
I doubt it. It's probably the result of more and more people using them and they're just dying more quickly because the network is being held together by bandaids. When VW is backed into a corner they take the approach of blaming the hardware and then just think by replacing the hardware with different models will solve the issue. Until VW admits that Infrastructure and Software is not their thing I have no hope that EA will improve.

Audi was notorious for just upgrading hardware components when the MMI didn't work properly. Funnily enough, the bugs didn't disappear because the software you run on top of the hardware is just bloated shit. If Lucid was Audi, they'd be upgrading the hardware in the car to fix the UI\UX issues not rewriting the software to work with the hardware like Lucid appears to be doing.

ABB chargers are used all over the world and yet EA had so many issues with them that they moved to Signet. The Signet chargers i've used are more unreliable than the ABB ones they have. So don't sit there and tell me its the hardware that's the problem. It's EA \ VW and the shitty team of software developers they have

I went an extra 11 miles to a different EA station and it worked fine. One out of four chargers at both stations working. Get your **** together EA
Scott
which chargers have you been going to and which worked and which didn't? There are a lot of us in Arizona so this is good info.

D690E6A2-EEF7-4FDB-B2DC-4F6893686D74.jpeg
10005077-C592-4383-BB6B-3369B0DFBC98.jpeg
05FA7DD3-1A22-411C-B370-A0C8DED36820.jpeg

0A378F51-841A-4EC7-93B1-8DA391B1C164.png
C8E1169E-6AF0-4B9A-932B-512D0B622949.png
0D5E7266-0A00-4245-910C-35142D689C09.png

Screenshot_20220822-171525_Lucid.jpg

I’m much happier with Wallbox charger in garage until my next road trip that I would be planning ahead.

OK, I'm stumped. Where in the app do I get the status of each charging unit at the EA geographic location? Thanks for your help!

Back