EA chargers are a fail so far

pbloomst

Cars
Air Grand Touring
First road trip today in my new Lucid. EA was a huge disappointment at both locations I stopped. I’ve been spoiled by Tesla over the years. I’m sure things will improve but wanted to vent while waiting for the one functioning charger to free up. Love the car though and am hooeful

What was the issue?

What was the issue?
First stop (Bushnell, FL) the account with Lucid was messed (and continues to be) so that took a phone call and 20 minutes. Had to change chargers twice. 350kW charger never did over 140.

In Tallahassee, only 1/4 chargers online and that one only did 100.

Not looking for advice. Just whining.

First stop (Bushnell, FL) the account with Lucid was messed (and continues to be) so that took a phone call and 20 minutes. Had to change chargers twice. 350kW charger never did over 140.

In Tallahassee, only 1/4 chargers online and that one only did 100.

Not looking for advice. Just whining.
Frustrating…no advice here, but I did find this article interesting about the difference between 350kw & 150kw charging:

Was at Harris Ranch today. First charger - authentication error. Moved to 2nd spot and worked but had to initiate through Lucid app.

Was at Harris Ranch today. First charger - authentication error. Moved to 2nd spot and worked but had to initiate through Lucid app.
glad it worked for you and you're able to charge. Safe travels.

In addition to the charging curve, it's really important to precondition for 20-30 minutes if you want to get full speed on the 350s.

Yeah EA is a pain in the ass and seems to follow Murphy’s law rather than Ohm’s law. Weirdly the worst station I know of now works great, but maybe that’s because it’s not on complimentary charging anymore.

Back