DuPont Registry Review of Air GT stacks up to German luxury autos

"The Lucid Air GT has no physical buttons inside. Instead, you rely on a combination of screens for all its functions."

Ummm....
Forgiven considering most other things were spot on. Apple Carplay exists now. Who knows what car with what software version he got.

True indeed. The article is dated 4/12 and CarPlay came out OTA 3/23, but given lead times etc it's possible the two just missed each other, which is a shame. If I ran comms at Lucid (hint, hint ... ;) ) I'd ask them nicely to add a postscript to the piece confirming that CarPlay is now available.

And apparently the Tahoe interior has "dark blue leather up front" ... :D

All in all it's a nicely-written piece though. I like how it (rightly) compares the Air with the i7 and EQS, not those things from Fremont ...

Forgiven considering most other things were spot on. Apple Carplay exists now. Who knows what car with what software version he got.
Agreed. I only take issue with the buttons comment because that was one of the design elements that Lucid highlighted when they released the Air: Just enough switchcraft to do the most common things with muscle memory. It shows they were thinking of driver ergonomics from the beginning. I wish that hadn't been glossed over in the review. (Side note, anyone remember the Delta Flyer cockpit from ST: Voyager and it's conception?)

Back