Drive System Warning

Took my first real road trip today in my Touring, 140 miles roundtrip from Phoenix to Superior, AZ. Driving down US60, about 30 minutes from my destination, I got the Drive System Warning - contact Customer Care. I was going about 75 at the time, in the dark, while my son and I kind of freaked out discussing what to do. After about 30-45 seconds, the message disappeared from the left side of the cockpit panel, replaced by the small amber warning in the lower right. Then that too went away after another 15-30 seconds.

I completed the trip without any further warnings and have reported the issue to Customer Care via email, with an approximate time range as to when it happened.

I'm not sure I'm cut out for this. The faults and warnings I read about on this forum really give me pause as to whether I made the right decision. If we had been stranded out there in the dark, not making our destination on time (a trail race we were all looking forward to), I know my wife would be telling me to sell it immediately. Fortunately she was asleep in the back at the time and doesn't know about it.

We'll see if Lucid is able to pull anything from the logs. Seems strange it just went away without any reboots/resets. I saw someone posted about getting the warning driving near a radar installation? But even in that case, I think it required a reset to make the warning go away.

Took my first real road trip today in my Touring, 140 miles roundtrip from Phoenix to Superior, AZ. Driving down US60, about 30 minutes from my destination, I got the Drive System Warning - contact Customer Care. I was going about 75 at the time, in the dark, while my son and I kind of freaked out discussing what to do. After about 30-45 seconds, the message disappeared from the left side of the cockpit panel, replaced by the small amber warning in the lower right. Then that too went away after another 15-30 seconds.

I completed the trip without any further warnings and have reported the issue to Customer Care via email, with an approximate time range as to when it happened.

I'm not sure I'm cut out for this. The faults and warnings I read about on this forum really give me pause as to whether I made the right decision. If we had been stranded out there in the dark, not making our destination on time (a trail race we were all looking forward to), I know my wife would be telling me to sell it immediately. Fortunately she was asleep in the back at the time and doesn't know about it.

We'll see if Lucid is able to pull anything from the logs. Seems strange it just went away without any reboots/resets. I saw someone posted about getting the warning driving near a radar installation? But even in that case, I think it required a reset to make the warning go away.
Yeah that was me that got that warning. Also very early on in ownership of the car I got severely reduced power at 30mph too, but then it fixed itself, no service required. I’ll be honest owning this early version of the car does require a bit of forgiveness, but then it’s just such a great thing to drive, that I often forget the car entirely and just fly on a cloud listening to music. There might be these stressors from time to time, I won’t deny it, but unless you get a Lexus or something you’re rolling the dice with any car these days, so why not drive something amazing and not boring (Lexus).

After having drive system fault twice and being stuck I unfortunately had to make the decision to trade my car for this bad boy..

Will I miss the car somewhat, yes! But this is just to early for me, they have a long way to go to be taken seriously IMO. Good luck everyone and maybe will see you in a couple of years. Peace ✌️!!!

Attachments

• DAAF51FD-43D0-49CB-8363-A5C6FCAA1080.jpeg
    DAAF51FD-43D0-49CB-8363-A5C6FCAA1080.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 202
  • 7BA1ED99-CA3A-4BBF-AAAB-9D0E42ED0493.jpeg
    7BA1ED99-CA3A-4BBF-AAAB-9D0E42ED0493.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 192
  • 4E9CDC67-9E78-4F7B-8CFA-A273A996A5BC.jpeg
    4E9CDC67-9E78-4F7B-8CFA-A273A996A5BC.jpeg
    3.8 MB · Views: 188
After having drive system fault twice and being stuck I unfortunately had to make the decision to trade my car for this bad boy..

Will I miss the car somewhat, yes! But this is just to early for me, they have a long way to go to be taken seriously IMO. Good luck everyone and maybe will see you in a couple of years. Peace ✌️!!!
To each their own! Good luck on your motoring adventures!

Yeah sorry those bad experiences were too much for your situation.

I had a similar situation when I started getting the same DS Warning message around 800 miles every time I pull the car in gear. The Mobile Tech came out and uploaded my complete data logs to Engineering. To make a long story short, I was told some of the recent 2.5x OTA updates are "more sensitive" to variabilities in the High Voltage battery pack performance. The Service Center ended up replacing my HV Battery Pack and I haven't had any issues since.

As in your case, my car seemed to run fine other than the persistent amber warning. Could this have been a precursor to a more serious problem such as Turtle Mode? Don't know, but perhaps the latest HV Battery Pack version is improved... The good news is Lucid proactively took care of me..

I had a similar situation when I started getting the same DS Warning message around 800 miles every time I pull the car in gear. The Mobile Tech came out and uploaded my complete data logs to Engineering. To make a long story short, I was told some of the recent 2.5x OTA updates are "more sensitive" to variabilities in the High Voltage battery pack performance. The Service Center ended up replacing my HV Battery Pack and I haven't had any issues since.

As in your case, my car seemed to run fine other than the persistent amber warning. Could this have been a precursor to a more serious problem such as Turtle Mode? Don't know, but perhaps the latest HV Battery Pack version is improved... The good news is Lucid proactively took care of me..
Good to hear about the proactive replacement. Interesting thing about mine is it happened about 30 miles into a 140 roundtrip. Warning was only on for about a minute total. (First part was the large warning on the left of the cockpit panel, then that moved to small amber warning) After that minute, all warnings disappeared and I finished up about another 110 miles without it reappearing. Have driven the past couple of days with no further issues.
I already had a service scheduled for tomorrow for the rear deck creak (Please sweet baby Jesus, let them get that resolved). They're going to scan the logs to look for any codes too. (John was nice enough to call me from the service center late on Saturday to discuss. This was after I sent customer care an email describing the issue and with timestamps)
If it is the battery pack, I'd have hoped since I had a November 2022 build Touring I'd have v2 of that, but perhaps not. I'll report back on their findings.

Nice!

Hi, Isbuffs.

Thank you for sharing. I just dropped you a DM.

Marqie

Quick follow up to this. The Scottsdale Service Center worked with Lucid Engineering to review the logs. It took a couple of days as I believe the initial log review was sent to another group responsible for whatever component may have been flagged in the data. It was determined that the warning was nothing to be concerned with and we'd just keep an eye on it.

Thanks to Marqie for reaching out and to John at the Scottsdale SC for keeping me updated through the process.

Quick follow up to this. The Scottsdale Service Center worked with Lucid Engineering to review the logs. It took a couple of days as I believe the initial log review was sent to another group responsible for whatever component may have been flagged in the data. It was determined that the warning was nothing to be concerned with and we'd just keep an eye on it.

Thanks to Marqie for reaching out and to John at the Scottsdale SC for keeping me updated through the process.
This is similar to what I experienced at 800 miles upon start-up when putting the car in gear. The warning went away after about 30 seconds and car seemed to drive fine. After reviewing the logs (required the Mobile Technician to send to Engineering), they decided to replace my HV Battery pack. I was told the newer software (2.0.5x) was more sensitive to monitoring HV Battery performance resulting in intermittent warnings. Keep an eye on it!

I had a Drive System Warning pop up on my GT a few weeks back. Car seems to run completely normal. BTW, this is not the Drive System Fault warning light that I have seen discussed on this thread.

I called Lucid and they asked me to take it in ASAP. The car has been at the Costa Mesa service center for about 2 weeks. No one knows whats going on yet. They said they were discussing with the engineers back at HQ.

Anyone else have an idea of what's going on or have had similar issues?

View attachment 9603
This just happened to me. They said I could still drive it

I got the drive system warning orange color warning about 3 weeks ago. Then it went away and didn’t reappear until this week. Now it pops up every few minutes while driving it. Customer care said a mobile care member will come by but it’s safe to drive. The mobile care guy was supposed to come today but now he said the Houston service center said it needs to be serviced. I’m waiting for SC to call me to figure out rental car as I need a car for daily life.

Anyone know if it’s safe to drive in the meantime? I’m getting the sense that it’s due to recent update and making it sensitive since it constantly pops up at random times. I actually have to pick up someone from airport today and this is the only car I have to do that so a bit nervous driving 60-70 miles round trip.

Also, anyone know what kind of rental car we can get? Paying 1500 per month for a car I probably won’t have for a few weeks is pretty frustrating so hoping to get a comparable car in that time.

Some service centers have loaners but they’re still ramping that up so yours may not yet. For rental they allow $100/day reimbursement. Did you try any of the reboots to see if the warning went away? As long as you’re not getting turtle limited power mode then it’s not as serious.

Some service centers have loaners but they’re still ramping that up so yours may not yet. For rental they allow $100/day reimbursement. Did you try any of the reboots to see if the warning went away? As long as you’re not getting turtle limited power mode then it’s not as serious.
I forgot how to do that lol. I've only done it once. I'll look it up and try that. customer care said theres no limit on car rental cost

I forgot how to do that lol. I've only done it once. I'll look it up and try that. customer care said theres no limit on car rental cost
You’d better get that in writing, as there has been a hard cap on rental cost and I haven’t heard any changes to the policy other than some centers having loaners.

Yeah maybe they changed the rental rule. In any case when I needed on they reimbursed me pretty quick. I just emailed the service rep the receipts. Try the logo reset, open the settings menu then on the About screen where there’s the Air Logo, press and hold that for a very long time until it says powering down. It’s a pretty long reboot process so be patient.

Yeah maybe they changed the rental rule. In any case when I needed on they reimbursed me pretty quick. I just emailed the service rep the receipts. Try the logo reset, open the settings menu then on the About screen where there’s the Air Logo, press and hold that for a very long time until it says powering down. It’s a pretty long reboot process so be patient.
thanks for that info! I tried the logo reset and it didn't change anything. I did get another update so i'm doing that right now. I noticed this issue popped up after my last update so I'm hoping this one fixes it. If not, I'll try a hard reset. I will definitely confirm via e-mail regarding the rental cost limit. I just want something comparable in terms of quality of car considering how much the monthly payment is on the Lucid. I love the car, but reading how others have had to wait weeks to get their car back is frustrating.

I had this happen pretty regularly last October - they took it in and couldn't reproduce it. Over the winter it pretty much stopped happening - only to surface for the first time in months this last weekend.

Last time I had it in, they claimed there wasn't any telemetry that would help them narrow it down (?!). I had given them specific times the warning had alerted over the past few days. I hope they have more experience with diagnosing & root-causing it this time around.

I had a Drive System Warning pop up on my GT a few weeks back. Car seems to run completely normal. BTW, this is not the Drive System Fault warning light that I have seen discussed on this thread.

I called Lucid and they asked me to take it in ASAP. The car has been at the Costa Mesa service center for about 2 weeks. No one knows whats going on yet. They said they were discussing with the engineers back at HQ.

Anyone else have an idea of what's going on or have had similar issues?

View attachment 9603
I have a similar issue and the car is being picked (from South Carolina) and taken to Richmind, VA.

Back