Dream edition video reviews

Ovfitbob

Cars
2016 Honda accord EXL
I haven’t seen any video reviews yet from the new owners of the Dream edition. Hopefully soon.
Looking forward to hearing their opinions.

Hopefully, they're all big people though, busy and all with their schedules surely filled.

Unlike with Tesla model introductions, I suspect there aren't a lot of YouTubers among the people buying Dream Editions. I think the video reviews will come more from the established video review channels that manage to connect with those Dream buyers who will lend them their cars.

At least three of the twelve Saturday deliveries went to people with Lucid company connections, so I think that leaves only nine potential sources of independent reviews from this first batch, anyway

Out of the several hundred members of the two Lucid internet forums, only one has identified himself as taking delivery on Saturday. He has given his initial impressions and will soon give more, I'm sure. However, while he might post pictures, he has no plans of which I know to post a video review or to lend his car to a video reviewer.

So that leaves only eight potential volunteers . . . .

Tesla2Lucid is active on Twitter and has posted a few videos of the software and lights. I'm hoping he posts some driving impressions soon. From what I can gather from his Twitter account, he drove the car from the Bay Area to Los Angeles. I wonder if he could be convinced to be an active forum member.

He joined the other forum a month ago but has not posted anything there for the past week. It seems Twitter and Instagram are his preferred venues.

Along with Ashoka8350, that makes at least two of the twelve car recipients who are members of the other forum.

Here's a video posted by one of the Saturday recipients. Interestingly, she's a big Tesla fan and the founder and president of the Delaware Valley Tesla Owners Club. (Pay attention at 1:48 for a bit of an inside swipe at Tesla, though.)

I don't know any of the auto review/BEV news Utube channels that have ordered a Lucid. Several have ordered a Rivian.

Kyle from Out of Spec Motoring has been promised access ASAP from a Dream reservation holder in South Florida who happens to be good friends with his dad.

Kyle from Out of Spec Motoring has been promised access ASAP from a Dream reservation holder in South Florida who happens to be good friends with his dad.

Oops. If you mean me, I don't know Kyle Conner's dad. When I offered Conner the use of my car for a full test drive, he said he comes to my area often, as his parents live nearby.

lucid-air-dream-rally-woodside.jpg

I do wonder if this is @ashoka8350, The sheer joy in his stance reminds me of the enthusiasm in his forum postings. Clearly a super cool and wonderful gentleman.

Soooo, let me check stock price
lucid-air-dream-rally-woodside.jpg

I do wonder if this is @ashoka8350, The sheer joy in his stance reminds me of the enthusiasm in his forum postings. Clearly a super cool and wonderful gentleman.
That is my guess, I've seen him in a few videos including the one from Casa Grande.

He may not be posting much here, but Tesla2Lucid has been posting some Dream stuff on his Twitter account.

So in that thread it shows the car allowed about 80 kWh in 31 minutes. That’s quite close to the charging rate for my e-Tron. However I thought the Lucid charging rate would be much faster since this charging session took place at a 350 kW charger and its charging architecture is supposed to allow for much higher charging speeds.

Is Lucid simply being conservative at the outset? It would be nice to get clarification on this since charging speed is a very significant feature of the Lucid. Many BEV owners know that charging speed is almost as important as battery capacity.

So in that thread it shows the car allowed about 80 kWh in 31 minutes. That’s quite close to the charging rate for my e-Tron. However I thought the Lucid charging rate would be much faster since this charging session took place at a 350 kW charger and its charging architecture is supposed to allow for much higher charging speeds.

Is Lucid simply being conservative at the outset? It would be nice to get clarification on this since charging speed is a very significant feature of the Lucid. Many BEV owners know that charging speed is almost as important as battery capacity.

I noticed that, too, but is there any clue about what the battery charge was when it started? In the video, there's an idle time of 17 min on the display. Does that mean the battery was close to full charge?

Yes, typically when the charger & vehicle are in an ‘idle’ state, the charging session is complete. That might mean 100% or whatever the owner preset as the charging limit. Many owners, like myself, put 80% as the limit unless I’m taking along trip.

Since Electrify America charges for idle time, maybe that 17 minutes of idle time was included in the register of time spent plugged in?

(I think Lucid owners get a partial waiver of the idle charge fee, but I don't remember exactly how it's structured.)

Since Electrify America charges for idle time, maybe that 17 minutes of idle time was included in the register of time spent plugged in?

(I think Lucid owners get a partial waiver of the idle charge fee, but I don't remember exactly how it's structured.)
No, idle time is segregated from actual charging time. So the 31 minutes was the actual charging time.

Back