Door Trim Contact

lcidson

Verified Owner
Referral Code
NB3K323Q
Not sure if this has happened before but I was closing the rear passenger door as the soft close was activating for the front passenger door. I heard a loud pop and saw a chip in the lower of the rear door. I'm guessing the trim piece contacted the inside of the front door which caused the chip. Just wondering if anyone's had a similar experience.

Attachments

• PXL_20221229_230947095.jpg
    PXL_20221229_230947095.jpg
    4.1 MB · Views: 119
  • PXL_20221229_174012428.jpg
    PXL_20221229_174012428.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 130
Not sure if this has happened before but I was closing the rear passenger door as the soft close was activating for the front passenger door. I heard a loud pop and saw a chip in the lower of the rear door. I'm guessing the trim piece contacted the inside of the front door which caused the chip. Just wondering if anyone's had a similar experience.
I think I have similar experience when I first walk thru the car at Service Station. Immediate, SA brought to the back and 10 minutes later drove out the car and all resolved to my satisfaction.

That was really minor in your case (needs to be fixed of course). I had a whole piece of that black trim break off. In my case, they had to replace the black trim and also realign the rear driver-side door.

I had this happen several months ago, in the summer; back then I was told they had never heard of it happening. To me it seemed like simple geometry... They replaced the trim on both sides with different sized trim to prevent future mishaps.

This identical thing happened to me, it snapped the trim on the rear passenger rocker panel. Service fixed it, just had to wait a few weeks for the part.

Attachments

• F351122B-AEA2-4EFC-BCCA-7F0D06011E8B.jpeg
    F351122B-AEA2-4EFC-BCCA-7F0D06011E8B.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 98
Back