Range Experiences

About how long would you take? And I have high regen on, creep is off, and I’m not speeding or pushing the car
If you accelerate gently and maintain speed of 65 mph or less, you will see better efficiency. Also, as the motors break-in, they will become more efficient over a couple thousand miles.

My lifetime efficiency is about 3.1. I’m perfectly happy with that, the way I drive this thing.

If you accelerate gently and maintain speed of 65 mph or less, you will see better efficiency. Also, as the motors break-in, they will become more efficient over a couple thousand miles.

My lifetime efficiency is about 3.1. I’m perfectly happy with that, the way I drive this thing.
It’s hard not to drive it kinda hard. The thing just wants to get up and go.

Much has been written here about how to maximize efficiency and range. It is entirely possible to get 4.7 mi/KWh in city driving and 4.5 on the highway. It takes tactical skill and driving style discipline. Most people don’t want to drive that way because it is quite frankly too much fun to punch it and utilize the power the vehicle has to offer. On flat terrain at 70 deg I find it easy to get upwards of 3.8.

I don't drive like a grandpa nor like a race car driver and my lifetime, with only about 1400 miles, is 4.3. Very happy with that and better than I expected.

Typically I get between 3.9 and 4.2, but today was a gorgeous day that didn't require AC and I took the slow scenic route - ended up with 5.5 for almost 30 miles of travel. Of course, I killed that on the way home....
1695753603507.png
1695753603507.png

I just finished up a 110.5 mile trip from Greeley, CO up to Estes Park Colorado. The elevation gain to Rt 36 and Rt 34 ( pretty much the heart of Estes ) was 3,416 ft. The mi/kWh at this point had dropped to 3.0 I did continue slightly farther into RMNP after stopping for coffee. Did not take the cutoff to Trail Ridge Rd but, rather, exited the park VIA Beaver Meadows welcome center and then returned home. Naturally, I regained much of what I lost on the return trip. I didn't gouge her to much on this trip as traffic was heavy and the lay of the terrain would've allow much of this.

Attachments

• estes1.png
    estes1.png
    729.4 KB · Views: 63
  • estes 2.jpg
    estes 2.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 61
I just finished up a 110.5 mile trip from Greeley, CO up to Estes Park Colorado. The elevation gain to Rt 36 and Rt 34 ( pretty much the heart of Estes ) was 3,416 ft. The mi/kWh at this point had dropped to 3.0 I did continue slightly farther into RMNP after stopping for coffee. Did not take the cutoff to Trail Ridge Rd but, rather, exited the park VIA Beaver Meadows welcome center and then returned home. Naturally, I regained much of what I lost on the return trip. I didn't gouge her to much on this trip as traffic was heavy and the lay of the terrain would've allow much of this.
Nice. How are the leaves up there? Are the Aspens turning yellow yet?

HI Joe, there are some areas where the Aspens are turning, not necessarily to the point I've seen in the past. Maybe it is too late. Heard several Elk bugling. One of the greatest sounds in nature.

HI Joe, there are some areas where the Aspens are turning, not necessarily to the point I've seen in the past. Maybe it is too late. Heard several Elk bugling. One of the greatest sounds in nature.

In the Tetons yesterday; colors are very muted this fall, perhaps from excessive moisture. Nice drive though!!!

Typically I get between 3.9 and 4.2, but today was a gorgeous day that didn't require AC and I took the slow scenic route - ended up with 5.5 for almost 30 miles of travel. Of course, I killed that on the way home....
View attachment 15103View attachment 15103
Wow that 4.3 for 1.2k miles is very impressive. Any idea on average speed for all of that?

Wow that 4.3 for 1.2k miles is very impressive. Any idea on average speed for all of that?
It's a mixture of backroads (80%; 35-55 MPH) and highway (20%;70-75 MPH) and either flat or slightly rolling topography.

It sounds to me like that the optimum speed, the sweet spot for the best efficiency is at 65 mph, on relatively flat terrain, in relatively mild to warm weather. But, 65 mph, who wants to drive this car like that?

Not actually. It would be nice if the car had that figure. It would really vary a lot. Around Greeley where I live some posted speeds are 35, others are 50 and 55, driving over to Loveland is 65, I-25 is 75 but I usually do 70. I do like to mash the peddle occasionally like most of us, It's so darn fun and then look in the rear view mirror. Speaking of rear view mirror, after 5 months of ownership I just noticed yesterday there's no night day feature. Driving west early in the morning the sun had just come above the horizon and it was really bright. I hadn't had the screen up so I reached to flip the angle of the mirror and was shocked as I searched all over the back of the mirror.

Not actually. It would be nice if the car had that figure. It would really vary a lot. Around Greeley where I live some posted speeds are 35, others are 50 and 55, driving over to Loveland is 65, I-25 is 75 but I usually do 70. I do like to mash the peddle occasionally like most of us, It's so darn fun and then look in the rear view mirror. Speaking of rear view mirror, after 5 months of ownership I just noticed yesterday there's no night day feature. Driving west early in the morning the sun had just come above the horizon and it was really bright. I hadn't had the screen up so I reached to flip the angle of the mirror and was shocked as I searched all over the back of the mirror.
The mirror auto darkens in low light. Pull into your garage during the day time and you will see it darken in the middle portion.

The mirror auto darkens in low light. Pull into your garage during the day time and you will see it darken in the middle portion.
Thank you hybob. I usually don't drive at night and I always watch the camera view for frontend distance so hadn't noticed this.

Back