Display flicker?

EricM

Verified Owner
I’ve noticed an intermittent flicker in the screen directly in front of the driver. Almost looks like the bottom inch or so of the display flickers just once every now and then. Has anyone else seen anything similar?

I’ve seen this too and have been meaning to ask here about it. I can’t find a particular pattern, but I think it might happen sometimes when the brightness is being automatically adjusted. Every time I see it I think I might be imagining it…

I’ve seen this too and have been meaning to ask here about it. I can’t find a particular pattern, but I think it might happen sometimes when the brightness is being automatically adjusted. Every time I see it I think I might be imagining it…
My pilot panel does this but only when using nav, but not my driver panel.

I was going to try to capture a video of it but it’s so random.

This exactly! The bottom row on the main screen. Usually when I first start using the car it happens a few times then goes away.

It's been on my short list of things I need to call about and never get around too. I was a little worried it was a loose harness or something revolving around a recall.

I'm actually glad to see others having it as it hopefully means it's software related.

For a while I doubted myself and thought it was a quirk of my peripheral vision but I have since been looking directly at it when it's happened.

I swear I saw that as well in my garage at night while parked. Will need to look at it again more closely

I've experienced the same thing. It's only on the main screen directly in front of the steering wheel. At first I thought it was only when on bumpy roads, so maybe had something to do with a loose display harness(?), but with everyone reporting the same thing, now I'm wondering if it's not the harness itself but just a defect with the display itself?

I've experienced the same thing. It's only on the main screen directly in front of the steering wheel. At first I thought it was only when on bumpy roads, so maybe had something to do with a loose display harness(?), but with everyone reporting the same thing, now I'm wondering if it's not the harness itself but just a defect with the display itself?
I guess it’s software issue(rendering part)

I have the same issue. Bottom part of the screen, no discernible pattern and not sure if it’s related to physical shock (ie bumps in the road). Not reported to service at this point.

I think there‘s an ambient light sensor. I find when I’m coming outside from an underground garage, in particular, the brightness of the screen adjusts, which appears to be a flicker-like effect. Stops after a few seconds. That’s the only flickering I’ve ever noticed.

I had the issue prior to 2.0.55. Haven’t noticed the flicker since.

I have the same issue. Bottom part of the screen, no discernible pattern and not sure if it’s related to physical shock (ie bumps in the road). Not reported to service at this point.
I’ve had the exact same issue starting after 2.055. Couldn’t figure out a pattern. Seems random. Sent to CS but they just suggested service call which I’ll wait on until I have a bunch of issues to get addressed

I've had this flickering happen twice when it was pre-dusk so in my case I'm pretty sure it was an issue with the auto dimmer for the display not being able to read the light correctly. In both cases it went away went it got dark and didn't happen after in daylight.

The bottom of my dash flickers. It does it every time I drive. Service says they're unable to reproduce it, which I find very surprising because it happens all the time. I even have video, and nothing is done about it. At least no answers, or some conclusion/closure.

Here's another video where it happens at the 3 sec mark, and 1:27 mark.

Okay. That looks like a hardware problem to me. I'd definitely get it checked out by service.

Back