Discrepancy between % battery remaining and kW used

Halodde

Cars
Lucid Air Touring
I've noticed lately that my % battery remaining does not align with kW used on the pilot panel. As an example, I was charged to 100% when I started this trip. After a couple hundred miles, I was showing 16% battery remaining but had only used 68 kW. If I had actually used 84% of the battery, that would be over 77 kW used. Does this mean that I'm losing some of the usable battery over time?

Yes. The battery is used for HVAC.

The HVAC should be in the 68kWhr used. Yes, you have lost a little bit of your battery. The loss is much steeper at first so I would not get worried about it.

If I remember right, the entire battery is not available for use.

If I remember right, the entire battery is not available for use.
Maybe not. But the % remaining used to match up pretty closely with kW used. At least much better than what I'm seeing now

The HVAC should be in the 68kWhr used. Yes, you have lost a little bit of your battery. The loss is much steeper at first so I would not get worried about it.
That's kind of what I thought. But last night (not at 100% yet) I toggled to miles remaining and the mileage remaining matched up well with the %. It showed 407 miles and 96%. (Touring with 19" wheels and inserts)

I think I read in a post on this forum that when you lose some of your usable battery, that the mileage remaining adjusts accordingly. So with a battery that has lost 15% of its capacity, when charged to 100%, the mileage remaining would show 15% less than it did when new. Is that correct?

I
That's kind of what I thought. But last night (not at 100% yet) I toggled to miles remaining and the mileage remaining matched up well with the %. It showed 407 miles and 96%. (Touring with 19" wheels and inserts)

I think I read in a post on this forum that when you lose some of your usable battery, that the mileage remaining adjusts accordingly. So with a battery that has lost 15% of its capacity, when charged to 100%, the mileage remaining would show 15% less than it did when new. Is that correct?
We do not know how Lucid treats this in the miles remaining display. What you are saying is logical but it may not be the way Lucid displays it. We do know that in a recent OTA added battery degradation into the miles remaining at destination while using navigation.

Back