Differences between the 19" and 20/21" Wheels on the same tire

windscar911

Verified Owner
Cars
Air, 911
Main takeaway is that as long as you use the right tires, in every day(non-track) usage you lose very little performance by choosing the 19"s over the 21"s. In this video, around a track in the dry, there's about 1.5% difference in raw performance. Let's be honest, that's basically irrelevant on the Lucid Air.

What's interesting, what you stand to lose in performance (1.5%) is exactly what you gain in range on the 19"s :)
Just reaffirming more of what some of us already know.
(I have the 21"s on order, they're just so good looking)

Thanks for posting the video. I will stay with 19"s for my AGT and plan to fit Michelin PS4's in warmer weather and trust that the stopping distance will be better than 130' from 60-0 that was reported in a couple of road test reviews on the Pirelli All-Season tires from the factory. I favor the higher aspect ratio of the 19"s given the road surfaces in NE, but would have gone with the 21"s if they were forged wheels and if I could have been certain that winter compound tires, either Michelin or Pirelli would be available for this winter.

I think most of us choose the 21’s for the looks. Any alleged performance increase over the 19’s is secondary.
All I’ll say is I’ll launch on the 21s whenever. I will never launch on the 19s again, lol.

All I’ll say is I’ll launch on the 21s whenever. I will never launch on the 19s again, lol.
Yeah I've heard the stock tires on 19"s aren't amazing for grip. But with a more grippy summer compound it'll be totally fine.

any way to get 19" tires but change the wheels to make it better looking? not a car guy, so idk if there's compatibility issues

any way to get 19" tires but change the wheels to make it better looking? not a car guy, so idk if there's compatibility issues
I believe there are many aftermarket 19" wheels that will fit. I haven't verified personally but many say that wheels that fit a Tesla Model S will fit a Lucid Air.

Back