DFW Area Lucid Tinting

LuciPearl

Cars
Air Grand Touring
Just got the Air GT and am in the process of adapting to it. No doubt the first change is tint that glass roof and everything other glass surface that can be tinted. Sunny, cloudless days of 105 degrees are not that comfortable. Has anyone in the DFW area gotten their Air tinted, and if so, would you mind sharing who did the job. Thank you in advance.

Just got the Air GT and am in the process of adapting to it. No doubt the first change is tint that glass roof and everything other glass surface that can be tinted. Sunny, cloudless days of 105 degrees are not that comfortable. Has anyone in the DFW area gotten their Air tinted, and if so, would you mind sharing who did the job. Thank you in advance.
One thing I've started noticing (not all the time), but occasionally enough is around when the air doesn't seem to be coming out of the vents as forcefully as I'm used to. The general symptoms are that the fan noise sounds like it cranking but the air flow seems pretty week out of the vents. When this has happened, I will hit the defrost button to turn it on, and then turn it off. For some reason, every now and then, the defrost seems to kick on without indicating that it's on.

Probably not your issue, but you should be getting a pretty decent air flow out of the vents.

Thanks Maverick! We’ve thought air flow is weaker so we will try your suggestion. Thank you!

One thing I've started noticing (not all the time), but occasionally enough is around when the air doesn't seem to be coming out of the vents as forcefully as I'm used to. The general symptoms are that the fan noise sounds like it cranking but the air flow seems pretty week out of the vents. When this has happened, I will hit the defrost button to turn it on, and then turn it off. For some reason, every now and then, the defrost seems to kick on without indicating that it's on.

Probably not your issue, but you should be getting a pretty decent air flow out of the vents.
I've asked service about this, it's a known bug in the software. Added to the list...

I did get the car tinted and it made a world of difference with heat. Did every glass surface to the legal limit for surfaces that have a legal limit, and where there is no limit I did it to match the other glass. It looks great on a black car.

Same here @tkhan456, only my ppf was front facing surfaces only. They did a great job. I was also impressed with the cleanliness of their shop. Some upscale cars in there when I went.

Same here @tkhan456, only my ppf was front facing surfaces only. They did a great job. I was also impressed with the cleanliness of their shop. Some upscale cars in there when I went.
DFW Clear Bra is not bad but they are expensive and he is an interesting individual. They also do the XPEL film and same nano tint. I only have the Front PPF and test Ceramic Coated all around.

Did you get the impression XPEL Dallas has done Airs before (not their first rodeo)? Obviously they have done at least wo now... If you're comfortable with sharing I would love to hear what they charged you both... TIA

Did you get the impression XPEL Dallas has done Airs before (not their first rodeo)? Obviously they have done at least wo now... If you're comfortable with sharing I would love to hear what they charged you both... TIA
They did a great job. I had to have a panel on my lucid replaced actually and went back to get a new wrap for that panel. They gave me a good discount and treated me well. They do a good job. It is a pre-cut template so there are seams on some areas of the trunk which are a little obvious but I think because of all the curves, it’d be hard to do so I don’t hold it against them

I totally noticed this in my new AT. Does hitting defrost increase vent flow?

Hi There

About to get my Air touring!! Anyone else have any recent window tinting experiences to share?

Tried calling and left an email. No response. Are they are to contact?
I didn’t have any problems getting in touch. Believe their office manager Morgan had moved on to another job so they could be short handed. Jovani seemed quite responsive so I expect reach back to you soon.

Update: I used Xpel Dallas and was nothing but great service. Jovani was very nice and gave me a tour of the other cars getting done to see what they have to offer. Highly recommend since they have had experience with Lucid Air and having to deal with the Window tint issues.

Hi all, anyone find a good place to place their tolltag with metal roofs? I was thinking just right to the big camera bump that is on the front windshield, sounds like the metallic coating issue of the front window has been resolved.

I went to Xpel Dallas based on the recommendations here. It was a fantastic experience and I recommend the shop wholeheartedly. Thank you to those who gave the recommendations.

2A5373DE-2019-4647-957E-9F938FCA1AFD.jpeg

Hi all, anyone find a good place to place their tolltag with metal roofs? I was thinking just right to the big camera bump that is on the front windshield, sounds like the metallic coating issue of the front window has been resolved.
I placed mine behind the driver’s visor. I use it to access two separate properties. It always works for one, while for another I have to reverse a time or two to get it to pick up and open the gate. My preference is for it to be hidden from view inside the cabin which is why I selected that space. But it’s not ideal.

Hey all. Just another shout out to jovani at xpel Dallas. Had some issues with the ppf on the mirror peeling. One side was my wife's fault for tagging a garbage can. He took care of it all in no time at all. Great service.

Back