Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

Thanks! Yes, I’m in the Sacramento area a few miles from one of their new service centers. It’ll likely be taken there for the final inspection and then driven to my house. That would work very well, obviously, but I also offered to pick it up in the Bay Area if it would be faster.
I have a Red/Santa Cruz on the list and hoping they can get it out to VA before the end of the year, but one never knows how the trip through the Midwest is going to be this time of year. 🤷‍♂️

Mathematically, it’s concerning that so many have been told middle of Dec VIN assignment, which is less than three weeks away, but only a handful of Silver and White AT orders have actually received one over the last three weeks.

Has anyone else with reservations for the Touring received an email from Lucid requiring the order be confirmed within 10 days or lose out on the original pricing?

Has anyone else with reservations for the Touring received an email from Lucid requiring the order be confirmed within 10 days or lose out on the original pricing?
I believe it‘s supposed to be 30 days from the invitation to finalize, right? Makes sense.

For the Air touring tracker log: reserved 5/15/22 converted to firm order 8/10/22
White/Tahoe, full glass roof, 19" wheels

Reactions: Joe
Just spoke to my DA in Costa Mesa, she said that she hasn’t seen any Quantum Gray VINs come in yet, but told me to check back in a week. This is gonna be a butt clenching ride till December 31st! 😬

I'm so ready to get my VIN. I'm obsessively checking my order on the LUCID website. I have a Cosmos Silver, Santa Cruz with all options and 20" wheels so I feel like it should be soon. I would love to get it in December. I'm ready to join the club! It's been a long time since I reserved in March!

Does anyone have a contact within the delivery advisor group in Scottsdale? Today is the second time I’ve had a call scheduled with DA Brandon only to be completely blown off. Last time I tried calling and texting after not receiving a call. Didn’t hear from him until the next day; said he had a delivery in Tucson. Now today I blocked off time for our call and blown off again. Tried reaching out but no response.
Tired of this treatment. It’s a pain for me to block off time in the middle of the work day. Maybe I should just buy a Tesla.
You can always escalate. If you read the GT delivery thread, there are several DA's that were guilty of the same type of behavior causing the same frustration.

Quantum Grey
Mojave Interior
No Stealth
Glass Roof
20" Wheels
Surround Sound Pro
No DreamDrive Pro
State - CA

Joe, apologies, add me back. The downgrade to Pure wasn't allowed due to a technicality, so I'll be finalizing my Touring. Same as above but with DreamDrive Pro.

Reactions: Joe
Just got back from Millbrae and was able to get a couple pictures of a showroom Touring they now have.
- Touring seats are slightly different than GT's. Leather is different, but also more limited adjustments as seen in the UI. Obviously no massage, and looks like headrest has limited adjustment too.
- Got pic of back seat depth, definitely substantial and looking from driver's side you definitely notice the depth.

Lot of cars in the parking lot, spilling out from the back into the customer area and crammed into the garage.

Attachments

• 20221130_173832.jpg
    20221130_173832.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 198
  • 20221130_173740 (1).jpg
    20221130_173740 (1).jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 183
  • 20221130_173729.jpg
    20221130_173729.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 182
Just got back from Millbrae and was able to get a couple pictures of a showroom Touring they now have.
- Touring seats are slightly different than GT's. Leather is different, but also more limited adjustments as seen in the UI. Obviously no massage, and looks like headrest has limited adjustment too.
- Got pic of back seat depth, definitely substantial and looking from driver's side you definitely notice the depth.

Lot of cars in the parking lot, spilling out from the back into the customer area and crammed into the garage.
Did you get the chance to sit in the seats?

I got the most detailed update to date from my DA today, which was production schedule had vin assignment estimate 3-4 weeks out. Would be a range of dec 20-27. Would be down to the wire to deliver by EOY. I had a August 2020 reservation and Oct 26 2022 confirmation on a zenith red / tahoe fully loaded.

Seems like Red is going to be one of the later batches. Only other color is black that we haven't heard about??

You are correct, in comparing your pic to a pic I found of AGT UI, there are a few missing adjustments:

Backrest Width and Headrest

Lucid should really prove a complete spec breakdown for all models. These are minor, but what else is missing?

229F705A-84E5-408F-AF03-6A14FE6D9CA9.jpegCB5B41DB-4F8F-4692-911C-0F2A9B5FB119.jpeg

Did you get the chance to sit in the seats?
Unfortunately no, I didn't want to push it. My SA generously let me in the back room (they were prepping for a media event so all the cars were moved to the crowded cluster) where a customer Touring and a fleet Touring ("Millbrae Touring") were. We took a look around and inside the fleet Touring which presumably was for test drives, but didn't ask to sit in as he said it wasn't available just yet.

I got the most detailed update to date from my DA today, which was production schedule had vin assignment estimate 3-4 weeks out. Would be a range of dec 20-27. Would be down to the wire to deliver by EOY. I had a August 2020 reservation and Oct 26 2022 confirmation on a zenith red / tahoe fully loaded.

Seems like Red is going to be one of the later batches. Only other color is black that we haven't heard about??
I talked with my DA about my Black/Tahoe fully loaded Touring yesterday. He called to let me know I should get my VIN somewhere 12/12 - 12/16. Production could take anywhere 2 - 4 weeks. Add in delivery time during the holidays and he was realistically thinking I could get it during the first two weeks of January... Bummer.

After expressing my displeasure for a second instance of not receiving a call from my delivery advisor, I did get a call back from another advisor at the Scottsdale studio. He let me know that my car is built and awaiting transport from Casa Grande to Scottsdale. Despite it being so close, he still didn't provide any assurance it would be delivered this year. He mentioned how closely the Scottsdale delivery center will go over the car, and if they find issues, it would push out the delivery. I told him that while I understand and appreciate their thoroughness, there's $7,500 riding on the delivery, and unless there was something major, I'd be fine taking delivery with minor issues that could be addressed in 2023.

He did update the account with a link to make payment. I'll probably hold off a bit until I hear the delivery is imminent.

I have to say, the communication issues with the delivery folks has soured me a bit on the car. That, combined with the quick depreciation of the GTs, and the issues with the charging infrastructure, has me doing a review of my decision-making. I do have a Model S on order, scheduled for delivery in mid to late December. While buying a car is not a wise investment, I am struggling with the huge depreciation and now immediate availability of GTs, compared to the very low depreciation on Teslas and seemingly lower availability for their cars. The Touring doesn't seem like a popular model, and I'm expecting it to quickly lose value just like the GTs.

At the end of the day, I'll probably click on that payment button. Now that delivery/payment is more real, I just need to convince myself I'm making the right decision.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2022-12-01 at 6.04.16 AM.png
    Screenshot 2022-12-01 at 6.04.16 AM.png
    615.2 KB · Views: 121
Back