Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

Joe - You can remove me from the Tracker. I just emailed my DA to let him know that I will be passing on purchasing my reserved Touring model at this time. Financials for 2023/24 were such that postponing this purchase made the most sense. Bit of a bummer, but it does give me a ton of breathing room/flexibility going forward.

Well perhaps the communication lines are starting to open up a bit... Just heard from my DA who said I should get my VIN assignment for my IB AT nlt 12/16. While it's possible it could be delivered to TX (Houston SC) by the end of the year, he said more likely would be the first two weeks of January (bummer for the EOY miss!). If they can't make it by the EOY, I will have them bring it from Houston to the Plano studio for my final acceptance. My situation is a bit compounded by them reassigning me back to my initial DA who had been out sick. Hope he can keep the pedal to the metal and knows how to use his cellphone!
Oh, dang. I have the same configuration so I’m hoping that getting it to SoCal isn’t too hard for them.

I talked to my DA yesterday and he indicated I was still on track for EOY delivery. The DAs must have relatively detailed information on their end about each person’s car, the way they are talking about everything.

Oh, dang. I have the same configuration so I’m hoping that getting it to SoCal isn’t too hard for them.

I talked to my DA yesterday and he indicated I was still on track for EOY delivery. The DAs must have relatively detailed information on their end about each person’s car, the way they are talking about everything.
I definitely think DAs have more info than they reveal. But the thing about info is that it may be true today, but not tomorrow. This time of year, with winter storms, holidays, etc. Plus driver shortages, and on and on. I think it's wise for them to be a bit cautious about what they promise. Especially when $7,500 is on the line.

I found out that my Touring with Mojave will not be delivered in 2022. If you ordered Mojave on Touring or Pure, it is not available until 1Q2023. I asked for an upgrade and discount on the Grand Touring with Mojave, and I just received confirmation that my Grand Touring is being allocated and I should receive the VIN in a couple of days. So, please delete my Touring from the Tracker and I will add it to the GT tracker.

I found out that my Touring with Mojave will not be delivered in 2022. If you ordered Mojave on Touring or Pure, it is not available until 1Q2023. I asked for an upgrade and discount on the Grand Touring with Mojave, and I just received confirmation that my Grand Touring is being allocated and I should receive the VIN in a couple of days. So, please delete my Touring from the Tracker and I will add it to the GT tracker.
Congratulations!

Being located in PIttsburgh, it has been tough as there has not been any personal connection with any DA. I did a test drive in Miami, have been talking to folks at VA studio to arrange for eventual car delivery, all my own effort!! I have been moved around to different DAs, I guess.. until now. Finally, got a call from my "newly" assigned DA today. He told me that I will likely get VIN assigned only in last week of Dec. I finalized Gray/Tahoe/19"/DDPro on 11/10/22. But I had requested change to Silver a week later. He doesn't think my change request has anything to do with it. I am out of country last 2 weeks of Dec so not sure if that factored in their decision. He said they are producing cars, that too different colors and interior colorss. Not sure if this is a shipping problem. This is hugely disappointing. I will likely cancel my reservation if I am not guaranteed delivery EOY. Maybe it was meant to be that way. Look again in another 6-9 months in secondary market, perhaps pricepoint will be better, or buy used GT.

My DA continues to be responsive to emails but he has continued the party line that he “expects my white/Tahoe to be delivered in the last two weeks of December”. I’ve expressed my concerns that without some “official” status (ie VIN assignment, production status, official delivery window) it is hard to be confident about EOY delivery. I’ve also expressed my concern with the tax credit as that has been “baked in” to my financial plans since I placed my initial reservation.

I can't wait to start moving more people into that "delivered" section. Woot.
It was going to be today for me but I got a call saying the newest update did something causing them to have to reinstall everything again so maybe Friday if I can get out of work in time

I wonder if they wil allow me to downgrade to Pure with old pricing ?
Check the Pure thread. Many have done this already and got their deposits back if I recall.

Just heard from my DA. He said my VIN should be assigned in the next 3-4 weeks. Delivery last week of Dec maybe, but Jan is more likely. Red/Tahoe

Just heard from my DA. He said my VIN should be assigned in the next 3-4 weeks. Delivery last week of Dec maybe, but Jan is more likely. Red/Tahoe
Congrats! Are you on the short side in terms of distance from Casa Grande?

Does anyone have a contact within the delivery advisor group in Scottsdale? Today is the second time I’ve had a call scheduled with DA Brandon only to be completely blown off. Last time I tried calling and texting after not receiving a call. Didn’t hear from him until the next day; said he had a delivery in Tucson. Now today I blocked off time for our call and blown off again. Tried reaching out but no response.
Tired of this treatment. It’s a pain for me to block off time in the middle of the work day. Maybe I should just buy a Tesla.

Does anyone have a contact within the delivery advisor group in Scottsdale? Today is the second time I’ve had a call scheduled with DA Brandon only to be completely blown off. Last time I tried calling and texting after not receiving a call. Didn’t hear from him until the next day; said he had a delivery in Tucson. Now today I blocked off time for our call and blown off again. Tried reaching out but no response.
Tired of this treatment. It’s a pain for me to block off time in the middle of the work day. Maybe I should just buy a Tesla.
Try contacting your studio manager. Before I finalized my design my studio manager took over as my SA. She even took me on my second test drive after I expressed some issues on my first test drive. Do you have your DA cell phone? He should respond to your texts.

Upgraded my pure reservation to Touring to try and get it before the end of the year.

Reservation Date: October 8, 2021
Finalized: November 30, 2021
Stellar White
Santa Cruz interior
21” wheels
Glass Canopy
SS Pro
DD Pro

Reactions: Joe
Try contacting your studio manager. Before I finalized my design my studio manager took over as my SA. She even took me on my second test drive after I expressed some issues on my first test drive. Do you have your DA cell phone? He should respond to your texts.
Good advice. Just called the studio, spoke to a very nice lady there. She was very apologetic. I expressed my displeasure, told her I'd like to work with somebody else. She's logging in my complaint and someone else there will be reaching out to me shortly (I hope).

I know they're all busy and things come up, but this is the second time this has happened. If something has come up and you can't make the meeting time, send a meeting cancel/reschedule, call me, or text me. Don't leave me hanging like a chump, having rearranged my day to accommodate the call. And I do have his cell, and texted when the meeting time came and went. Radio silence so far.

Congrats! Are you on the short side in terms of distance from Casa Grande?
Thanks! Yes, I’m in the Sacramento area a few miles from one of their new service centers. It’ll likely be taken there for the final inspection and then driven to my house. That would work very well, obviously, but I also offered to pick it up in the Bay Area if it would be faster.

Good advice. Just called the studio, spoke to a very nice lady there. She was very apologetic. I expressed my displeasure, told her I'd like to work with somebody else. She's logging in my complaint and someone else there will be reaching out to me shortly (I hope).

I know they're all busy and things come up, but this is the second time this has happened. If something has come up and you can't make the meeting time, send a meeting cancel/reschedule, call me, or text me. Don't leave me hanging like a chump, having rearranged my day to accommodate the call. And I do have his cell, and texted when the meeting time came and went. Radio silence so far.
You really need a new DA.

You're not alone. My original DA was assigned to me out of HQ in CA. I scheduled calls through their online appointment only to get stood up twice! I was finally reassigned to another DA who has been my PoC and he informed me that my original DA was out on medical LOA. After a call from DA #2 today I found out I should be getting my VIN nlt than 12/16. The bad news is DA #2 is leaving the company and I'm now reassigned back to the original DA only to find out he will still be out until 12/6!

Back