Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Touring

May I inquire about the interest rate offered by Lucid financial?. Thanks
I settled off a rate of 5.0 but I also didnt want hassle so I went with that. Dont qualify for credit unions so, whatever. It's going to be rather short term until a new tax year.
Was able to get a State Farm rate of 1400/yr. Spending lots of money on a car that is clearly want rather than need.

Financing button turned ON today, and later in morning received email from DA with VIN.
ZR/SC combination
Financing button turned ON today, and later in morning received email from DA with VIN.
ZR/SC combination
You are first ZR with VIN. I finalized same car on same day. Hope my VIN is soon.

What is the range with the 20” wheels at 100%?
I have only had the car for 2 days so no data to share. I will say my 20’s ride smoother than I anticipated and turn on a dime. They have more meat on the ground plus a staggered setup. Michelin Pilot sports.

I have only had the car for 2 days so no data to share. I will say my 20’s ride smoother than I anticipated and turn on a dime. They have more meat on the ground plus a staggered setup. Michelin Pilot sports.
Cool….If you ever fully charge it to 100% …if it’s like my Model S..It should give you the distance til empty in cockpit screen?? 🤔
I have a touring on order too but opted not to get the DDPro or the surreal Sound Pro system…My guess I should get mine in the spring of next year 😞

Add me to the VIN assigned. Just got a call from Lucid, got a VIN for my QG/SC Touring. With VIN in hand, I called Connect (Costco) insurance. Replacing my Model S with the Lucid, my insurance will go up by only $52/6 months. I was pleasantly surprised. New rate will be $574/6mo. 500/200 coll/comp

Just got VIN - call then email. DA estimates car shipping next week - not sure beginning or end of. Maybe in my hands in 2 weeks - happy dance.
What color combo did you get? Got my button today red/tahoe but no call with VIN yet.

What color combo did you get? Got my button today red/tahoe but no call with VIN yet.
Ditto. Button, red/tahoe and no vin info yet.

Floored bad. But maybe not as bad as i thought based on Electric AI's $1,800 at StateFarm.

Are you solo on the policy?

USAA is quoting me $1,930 for the year with both my wife and I on the policy
With StateFarm for 10+ years, Clean record and they are charging me $2000/Yr (250K/500K). Looked up on progressive yesterday after friend recommended, its $1400 (250K/500K) or $1220 (100K/300K).

Plus several tenths of a second difference 0-60 between T and GT is not detectable unless measured. This is why I chose touring as the large price Delta for essentially massage seats, more Alcântara and longer range just wasn’t worth it for me
Ha Ha I understand and I thought I did the same and not go with the GT-P vs the GT.

If money was no object I would go with the Sapphire I hope they fix the fit/finish stuff for those guys dropping 240K on a Lucid.

I have only floored mine a couple of times and before I knew it, I was doing 120 without realizing it. It is sad that most of my 1800 miles are on roads with a 40 MPH Speed limit and traffic lights every half mile.

The massage in a car is awesome though 🤪

My DD for the last 5 years has been a sedan, weighs 5000lb and has north of 600hp. It was the highest performance sedan in 2006 when it was made. The reason for my getting the Air Touring was the specs and interior quality are nearly the same as the S65. With 70000 miles of experience driving this kind of performance I know there is no need for more. It is really nice to have the power available but you hardly ever really use it (and don’t get in trouble). I see no value in significantly more than this kind of power/weight, you just can’t use it on a regular road. And I really don’t see the attraction of a Sapphire except for bragging rights if you feel you need them. Who needs a tri-motor?
Now if they came out with a quad motor with > 2000hp that would be different. If you did that and fitted wings and floats so you could do a high speed version of Chitty Chitty Bang Bang without the engine noise I would sign up straight away. 🙃🙃🙃

Was debating if this should go into Driving Dynamics but thought I'd post here instead. I got a chance to test drive that Millbrae Touring vehicle on Friday, and here are my impressions (and a couple photos of backseat well). I'll try to elaborate most on the backseat footwell as that's the main difference people can't judge from an AGT. Some driving dynamics comments but not much as it was rainy and a little dark around the 5PM test drive time, as well as rush hour - thus no launch and flooring the pedal.
Note, my only EV experience is with a year with M3LR and a few test drives with M3P and Lucid AGT & T.

tl;dr Anyone who wants the power and acceleration, you'll get more than plenty. Definitely settled any doubts I might've had, and will have a lot of fun in this car. Back passengers will be happy with the increased foot-well, but will still probably take the upgrade to sit in the back of an SUV. And why is the windshield tint so bloody low?

Driving:
- Power and acceleration was more than enough - plenty that I think the test drive show-person and my GF got a little motion sick (woops).
- Compared to the Model 3 Performance, it's definitely more substantial especially at higher speeds. While the M3P will have more of a head throwback at lower speeds due to the weight difference, the Touring definitely still had a head throwback. On the highway at higher speeds such as 40mph and 60mph, the Touring undoubtedly has more 'oomph' as the car lurched forward whereas the M3P would've been more of a shove.
- Was driving mostly in Swift and Sprint around highway speeds. Definitely more than plenty and as I got off the highway I changed to Swift and then down again to Smooth as the acceleration around town was getting a little too much for my passengers (and for me tbh). I believe I'd be more than happy with Swift for my spirited driving, Smooth for with passengers, and Sprint on occasion.
- Handling was definitely good. Heavy ass car but no complaints. Didn't slip in the rain under acceleration. Not much more I can say here as traffic, dark, and wet conditions stopped me from doing more.

Backseat (I'm 5'11 for reference, with my hip around 37-38"):
- As a baseline, the GT is okay. Lot of leg room, knees are definitely very high when sitting properly and my thigh is well in the air - only parts making contact to the seat is my butt. If I scoot down in the seat then more of my leg thigh is touching the seat. This is probably how I'd sit for any period of time over 15 minutes in the car as the high knee is mildly annoying.
- In the Touring, it is a notable improvement. It's definitely not spades of room where it's as if you're sitting in a SUV like a Model Y, but I'd say halfway between the GT and the Model Y. When I sat in it I was thinking "oh this is good, if only it were another inch" rather than "my thigh is still hanging and my knees are still in the air".
- In the first image below, I moved my feet forward maybe 6" or so in order to be in a much more comfortable sitting position. This would be what I'd be sitting like if I were in a long road trip such as from SF to LA - plenty comfortable. If I didn't move my feet up I'd probably eventually scoot down in the seat to give my lower thigh a rest (rather than being ever-so-slightly suspended) - I'd probably sit like this for shorter trips around town.
- Second image is just to illustrate the foot well compared to the rest of the car. Kind of hard to see with the Santa Cruz light interior but the darker areas show the depth somewhat.

Misc:
- 20" wheels were fairly quiet. I definitely heard some more than expected noise in the cabin when test driving the 19" and 21" in the AGT, but rest assured the 20" are going to be more than adequate for noise
- Tint on the windshield is definitely something I keep forgetting: why does it start so low?? I feel like I'm looking through a narrower than expected area as the tint darkens the top 30% of my visibility, and the HUD covers a decent bit of the bottom. This is honestly my main complaint of the car right now - visibility due to the low tint.

Oh, here is a bonus pic of someone who opted to take off the covers on a 20". I like it, though it does remind me of the wheels on the 2021 Honda Accord.
Thanks for this….very helpful to those of us who have only tested the GT and wonder about the differences

Got all my signed documents back on the financing. Signed all the final Lucid stuff, disclosures and whatnot. Insurance settled. Got the "make payment" button in my account. Now I'm just waiting for my DA to tell me the car is on its way to Denver, and I'll be ready to make delivery plans, I guess.

Probably the wrong thread to ask this, but does anyone know how long an ACH transfer would take for my "due at signing" payment to go through? Usually it only takes a day or two for me, but I don't know if Lucid has a history of issues with that? I figure that's a lot easier than going to get a check from the bank, so long as it doesn't cause any delay.

The money was pulled from my bank account the day after I went through the Lucid payment portal and did an ACH transaction.

With StateFarm for 10+ years, Clean record and they are charging me $2000/Yr (250K/500K). Looked up on progressive yesterday after friend recommended, its $1400 (250K/500K) or $1220 (100K/300K).
I meant current charges for Model Y. Looks like most insurance companies have jacked up prices during COVID supply chain issues.

Screenshot 2022-12-07 at 7.25.08 AM.png

• Reserved 5/17/2022
  • Finalized 12/6/2022
  • Cosmos Silver
  • Santa Cruz
  • Metal roof
  • 20" wheels
  • Surreal Sound Pro
  • Dream Drive Pro
They did offer an upgrade to GT in order to beat the tax credit deadline, declined due to rear seat height and roof (too much heat during our summers). Here's to next year!

Reactions: Joe
Back