Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

VIN issued 9/30
DA advised that someone with identical spec had to give up their car because financing fell through.
Estimated delivery in about 2 weeks.

Very true. I’ve never even used mine. They didn’t come sharpened and I don’t own a sharpener. I guess I could make a trip to the dollar store lol. A nice pen would have been a useful flex in my office.
Bring them on our ride. We've have lots of different pencil sharpeners!

Very true. I’ve never even used mine. They didn’t come sharpened and I don’t own a sharpener. I guess I could make a trip to the dollar store lol. A nice pen would have been a useful flex in my office.
I just bought a pencil sharpener first time in decades. But those pencils are too nice nice to be sharpened. I rather catapult paper trash.

74C9105C-AB0F-4123-9734-2D53D507199B.jpeg

Hi All,

Finally, I got my car delivered, I picked up the car at the West Palm Beach delivery/service center on Sep 27, 2022. It was not a fanfare delivery that day due to heavy rains and of course, that location is not attached to a Design Center. The DA did a good job clarifying all questions and helping us with the delivery checklist and final test drive. I drove back to NC on a 650+ miles ride after the delivery. It was a great ride back but had a few issues that I observed:
1. Car was not taking full capacity of the charging stations... message was Station limited the charging capacity - Not sure what that means. All charges were between 8:00 PM and 2:00 AM
2. My left and right indicator camera views, and 360-degree view on reverse stopped functioning.. looks like a simple software fix
3. Car didn't lock or unlock if I walk away with my phone closer or away from the car. Maybe I need to find what's missing.
4. The overall range was very low. I just spoke to an agent on a support call and she suggested that range will improve as I drive more. Some new concept of battery break-in, the agent suggested this will change as I drive the car. The expected break-in range for the battery is 2500 miles.

Is everyone experiencing the same thing or it's just me?
1. this is not an issue with the car. the charger was limiting how much it was sending to the car. Also, what you get will depend on what percentage your battery is at.
2. Reboot the car, or let it go to sleep overnight, and this should fix itself.
3. I prefer the fob, but there are several threads on this.
4. It all depends on how you drive. There are many many threads on this.

4. The overall range was very low. I just spoke to an agent on a support call and she suggested that range will improve as I drive more. Some new concept of battery break-in, the agent suggested this will change as I drive the car. The expected break-in range for the battery is 2500 miles.
You need to describe the conditions that yielded the low range. >=80 mph cruising, several rapid acceleration runs, whatever. When I picked up the car, it had 24 miles and 1.7 m/kwh. I managed to lower it to 1.6 "test" driving it and driving in heavy Orange County rush hour traffic. 80 mile trip home after dinner out, managed to get that 1.6 up to 3. Charged and next morning, drove 22 miles going with the flow of traffic in slower lanes (70 and below), got 4.2 m/kwh. While each car is unique, changing how I drove the car made a huge difference in efficiency/range.

Car was not taking full capacity of the charging stations
When EA isn't limiting the power going to your car, are you getting close to what Tom charted for Lucid on his State of Charge channel (you can google Lucid charge curve)? Precondition for 15 minutes or more before charging?

What do I do to add to the list? Is the native file available? I've followed the forum since beginning of year and expect delivery of my agt end of month and have a long handwritten list and some of it may be new. I've downloaded your pdf and converted to doc, docx, xls, and xlsx, (I have other conversion methods too but didn't test them) and it's quite good but not 100% as the pdf printout. I can edit in pdf but is cumbersome.

Finally, I got my car delivered, I picked up the car at the West Palm Beach delivery/service center on Sep 27, 2022. It was not a fanfare delivery that day due to heavy rains and of course, that location is not attached to a Design Center. The DA did a good job clarifying all questions and helping us with the delivery checklist and final test drive. I drove back to NC on a 650+ miles ride after the delivery. It was a great ride back but had a few issues that I observed:
1. Car was not taking full capacity of the charging stations... message was Station limited the charging capacity - Not sure what that means. All charges were between 8:00 PM and 2:00 AM
2. My left and right indicator camera views, and 360-degree view on reverse stopped functioning.. looks like a simple software fix
3. Car didn't lock or unlock if I walk away with my phone closer or away from the car. Maybe I need to find what's missing.

Is everyone experiencing the same thing or it's just me?
It’s not the battery that needs breaking in, it’s the motors, which have a certain amount of mechanical resistance that lightens up over time. I would check to make sure your tires are at the correct pressure. Temperatures below 50 degrees also have a big impact range. Elevation changes (like freeway on-ramps) also have a big impact. I did an experiment where once I got up to freeway speed 70mph, I reset the trip computer and got 4.4 mi/kWH for 80 miles. I took the same route again with the on-ramps and driving to the freeway and it was 3.4 mi/kWH. Expect that in daily driving full range for the car is about 340 miles. This is because it takes a lot of power to get the car up to speed, and in commuting you’re usually accelerating/decelerating frequently. But highway steady speed long distance cruising range will get close to 500. If you want to hypermile you can just accelerate really slow where your speedometer gague is on the letter “O” of POWER, but that takes far too much patience.

Expect that in daily driving full range for the car is about 340 miles. This is because it takes a lot of power to get the car up to speed, and in commuting you’re usually accelerating/decelerating frequently. But highway steady speed long distance cruising range will get close to 500. If you want to hypermile you can just accelerate really slow where your speedometer gague is on the letter “O” of POWER, but that takes far too much patience.
I had never really looked at it that way. I guess I was still in the mindset of my former lighter EVs, where the stopping and starting with the regen braking meant my range was longer. Last week I charged to 90% for a day of "touring" in ME and Northern NH and my mileage showed at "474 miles" when I started the day. I arrived back home with 23% charge and 113 miles left on the range.

What do I do to add to the list? Is the native file available? I've followed the forum since beginning of year and expect delivery of my agt end of month and have a long handwritten list and some of it may be new. I've downloaded your pdf and converted to doc, docx, xls, and xlsx, (I have other conversion methods too but didn't test them) and it's quite good but not 100% as the pdf printout. I can edit in pdf but is cumbersome.
I tried to upload my excel first but the portal doesn't accept excel so ended up with pdf. I think it would have been the same with others also.

Reactions: Bel
I tried to upload my excel first but the portal doesn't accept excel so ended up with pdf. I think it would have been the same with others also.
Just post your details here and someone from the team will add them to the tracker. No need for excel sheets, pdfs, and so on.

Just post your details here and someone from the team will add them to the tracker. No need for excel sheets, pdfs, and so on.
The list is good except few changes. I think we have been converting the existing list in a printable user friendly format that one can take with him/her for delivery. If someone can get that format here it'll eliminate all additional work we are putting.

@hydbob
For the tracker. Delivered September 30th 2022. Four months from Confirmation to Delivery.

Handover was done very professionally and thoroughly by SA Mark at Lucid Costa Mesa CA. No flaws at all during the walkaround and interior inspection.

I discovered one flaw but only after I had driven the car away. When tracking straight ahead, the steering wheel is not aligned completely straight (horizontally). In other words the steering wheel boss is cocked ever so slightly to the left when I’m driving and tracking in a straight line. Will call this in to Lucid Service tomorrow.

Not exactly a flaw but a design handicap - the fore and aft adjustment of the steering column is limited. I would wish for greater travel in the steering column.

All in all, an excellent delivery experience, and the car drives like a dream. Really!
Your poor steering wheel alignment is due to a poor wheel alignment. The steering wheel is supposed to be properly aligned when the wheel alignment is done. Given that fundamental error in wheel alignment, you should ask for a complete wheel alignment to be redone. Happens often with my ICE cars.

Kinda irked that so many who confirmed after me have received VINs and/or cars. Sent my DA an email last week and heard nothing. I set up a call for tomorrow afternoon. Wish me luck!
Anything yet?

Anything yet?
Nope. He said I should be in a “batch” within the next couple of weeks. We’ll see! I think I’m trending towards being the oldest Zenith red order in the tracker.

Nope. He said I should be in a “batch” within the next couple of weeks. We’ll see! I think I’m trending towards being the oldest Zenith red order in the tracker.
The ordering of deliveries is a bit odd. Unless folks are not updating, there appears to be little rhyme or reason on ordering. I have seen people with my options and color (also Zenith Red w/ Tahoe) within days of my confirmation with a car delivered.

In my case, I want the delay with late December being just fine for me. However, there are folks like you who definitely want their car sooner rather than later. A real head scratcher...

Back