Ordering and Delivery: Lucid Air Grand Touring

Thanks, Borksi. Only way I found to engage ACC was to push in on the horizontal silver bar on the stalk above the 3 button array with the cruise control icon, the distance icon, and the “X” to disengage. I thought the lower, left hand “cruise control” icon would engage ACC. No such luck. Depressing the silver bar that was part of the +/- 1 or 5 MPH increments was, ultimately, the only reliable way to engage ACC.
I have not looked at the manual on the iPhone app and the little booklet in the glove box labeled “owner’s manual” is surprisingly lacking in detail and seems mostly many pages of warnings.
Any other thoughts would be appreciated. Overall the Air is AMAZING. Truly impressed. Thanks for your leadership with these pages.
The paper manual is abridged to only the “important” bits (saving trees).

The in-car screen manual and iPhone manual are the same.

For ACC, you first “turn on” ACC with the little speedometer button. Then you set the speed. If you don’t hit that speedo, you can’t set the speed. But the speedo does nothing except activate and deactivate the feature. The rest of what you did was correct. Set the speed with the wheel, cancel speed with the X, turn off with the speedo.

At a full stop, tap the accelerator or “increase speed by 1” using the wheel (which it won’t increase, but just set it back to the old speed).

It's getting close to being an "owner"
Confirmed Order April 12 2022
VIN September 9, 2022
Delivered to Scottsdale Service Center September 15. One of the benefits of being1 hour away from the Lucid factory.
Scheduled pickup is September 22.
Scheduled full PPF and Ceramic September 23.
Just a few comments about insurance and Loan
USAA for 6 months is $764. I have home, life, 3 other cars with them so that helped
Going with B of A with a $80K loan for 3.6% 72 months. Checked 2 another bank and credit union and it was close but more than 3.6%
I know there was a list somewhere on the forum for questions to ask during delivery so if anyone knows where that is, please let me know.
This is going to be fun!!
When I was trying to check interest rate it is showing 4.6% estimated for 72 months. but you got 3.6% good deal. Let me see when BOA approves and what rate they offer. I'll also arrange some more quote from local credit union bank. Can you give me an idea how many days BOA needs to approve the loan. It is showing 48 hours during application..

Thanks … two son’s Navy 98 and 01. Thank you for your service.
you are welcome. it was a fun 21 years.
When I was trying to check interest rate it is showing 4.6% estimated for 72 months. but you got 3.6% good deal. Let me see when BOA approves and what rate they offer. I'll also arrange some more quote from local credit union bank. Can you give me an idea how many days BOA needs to approve the loan. It is showing 48 hours during application..
48 HOURS

Thanks, Borksi. Only way I found to engage ACC was to push in on the horizontal silver bar on the stalk above the 3 button array with the cruise control icon, the distance icon, and the “X” to disengage. I thought the lower, left hand “cruise control” icon would engage ACC. No such luck. Depressing the silver bar that was part of the +/- 1 or 5 MPH increments was, ultimately, the only reliable way to engage ACC.
I have not looked at the manual on the iPhone app and the little booklet in the glove box labeled “owner’s manual” is surprisingly lacking in detail and seems mostly many pages of warnings.
Any other thoughts would be appreciated. Overall the Air is AMAZING. Truly impressed. Thanks for your leadership with these pages.
More important than initiating cruise control is how to stop it without lurching. When you want to stop smoothly (assuming you’re on high regen), depress the accelerator pedal until the screen says override instead of adaptive cruise, then press the X button on the steering wheel.

More important than initiating cruise control is how to stop it without lurching. When you want to stop smoothly (assuming you’re on high regen), depress the accelerator pedal until the screen says override instead of adaptive cruise, then press the X button on the steering wheel.
Great point. I did do some “lurching” …. Also found that not having “Hold” engaged allowed the car to drift forward while attempting to back out of a parking spot … unnerving … I was reluctant to stomp on the pedal to initiate reverse as there were cars coming behind me in the parking lot. Have since activated “Hold.” Will see how that goes … hopefully without the “thunk” noise we experienced in our test drive. Thanks for your insight Bunny.

Great point. I did do some “lurching” …. Also found that not having “Hold” engaged allowed the car to drift forward while attempting to back out of a parking spot … unnerving … I was reluctant to stomp on the pedal to initiate reverse as there were cars coming behind me in the parking lot. Have since activated “Hold.” Will see how that goes … hopefully without the “thunk” noise we experienced in our test drive. Thanks for your insight Bunny.
Thunk is gone! As long as you are on latest software...

Pencils have arrived! Hopefully a car will arrive next week.

My son got 3.15% from a credit union in the SF Area but loan was 65k. Approved in 3hrs. Check issued in 3 days.

Build​

Model: Air
Trim: Grand Touring
Color: Red
Interior: Tahoe
Wheel: 19

Timeline​

✅ Reservation made: 2022-03-07
✅ Order confirmed: 2022-03-31
✅ VIN assigned: 2022-08-09
✅ Assembly complete
: 2022-09-06
✅ Millbrae: 2022-09-08
✅ Pick up: 2022-09-14
Took delivery last Wednesday!! Already 250 miles on it. LOVE IT. (Expand the quote above for the updated dates).

Did Electrify America 150kW charging today, plug-and-charge. No account needed and no issue.

I think we here all knows Lucid software suck. Mobile Key on Android is unreliable. Usually if I launch the app and turn off and on Bluetooth it'll work.

Using the phone app to open Frunk works about 30-50% of the time. Only adaptive cruise control at this time and no lane centering feature. Alexa is a joke. I did able to get Alexa to open the rear sun shade ONCE. Unable to get her to do it again haha.

However, their hardware is AWESOME. The ride quality, interior, styling, how well it handles bumps, quietness, etc. This is the most comfortable and enjoyable ride I have had so far. LOVE IT!

Attachments

• PXL_20220914_214952300.jpg
    PXL_20220914_214952300.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 104
  • PXL_20220914_204925350.MP.jpg
    PXL_20220914_204925350.MP.jpg
    4.8 MB · Views: 118
  • PXL_20220918_011358350.jpg
    PXL_20220918_011358350.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 105
I got my VIN assignment Aug 26. I tried to change my interior trim from Mojave to Tahoe but Jess, my DA said that I can't because the car was almost completed in production.
Production completed on Sept 9 and will be shipped to Costa Mesa, CA. I got a call on Sept 14 that it was ready for delivery bit I had to put it off until Sep 22 at the earliest.

I ordered on Mar 21, confirmed Apr 19. It's Red, Mojave, 19" which I changed from a 21". I live in Henderson NV by the way.
I live in Henderson as well. I ordered a Pure in June 21. I also have a very unhealthy (from a finantial advisors view) amount of LCID stock. However, I have faith.

I'd love to see it when you get it (I dont need to drive it or anything). I'm the guy in town with the Lucid black T-shirt that no one knows what it is.

Back